Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 09:21:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 85 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  SCIENCE, SOCIOLOGY, RELIGION
| |-+  Relationships and Gender Issues (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  What is sexual harassment?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What is sexual harassment?  (Read 7654 times)
Iniko Ujaama
InikoUjaama

« on: September 19, 2012, 08:39:52 PM »

the sexual harassment (both subtle and overt) that young women have to put up with fills me with rage. men make comments and innuendos for no other reason except that THEY CAN. the gall, the presumption, the wink-wink-nod-nod, like they've known you all their lives....

Where I work and socialize I often wonder where sexual harassment(not just that but general behaviour of males toward females) begins and ends. WHere the boundaries would be drawn. There is general acceptance of innuendo thrown left right and center and very rarely if ever does anyone say that anything is inappropriate. A few females remain aloof or because they may not fit the general ideas of sexual attractiveness are not often(although sometimes) are the subject of innuendo etc. Also, even if it is not sexual harassment or seen as such can it still not be problematic? Thoughts?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: