Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:44:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 71 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  SCIENCE, SOCIOLOGY, RELIGION
| |-+  Spirituality (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Self-Worshipping
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Self-Worshipping  (Read 18423 times)
RainMan

RastafariSpeaks .com

« on: October 28, 2003, 09:46:18 PM »

I've read many people's post and have gleaned that they worship other enigmas besides their 'Self'.  A lot of people worship a lot of people nowadays, particularly Haile and Jesus.  For whatever reason, these enigma's messages have not been understood to their true meaning. I am sure that in their messages, they were told to worship Self, that which they are.  

Worship only the Self.  The Self is the only savior under the guidance of a teacher.  These people that you worship, you should ask them would they die for you. Some people understood this.  This is one of the reasons they said Christ died for them; so they could worship him.  I think he came to demonstrate, on this plane of demonstration, and exhibit the Lord God Fire within man and people took it to a whole nother level, from Self-Preservation to Self-Decification.

When you worship another man or woman, you giving your power away, to them.  You should give your power to your Self.  Never follow anyone because you are not the one receiving, they are, while you are worshipping their imminent glory.  You're worshipping what you see and can't begin to express what's happening to them because you're not the One Becoming. That's like asking the Genie for tricks.  Instead of asking for tricks, you should ask to be the Genie.

So through all of this..I think one should worship themselves.  I can't see myself following or worshipping anyone.  Studying under them, yes for the sake of Becoming the I Am.

The True Reigning of Man-I Call You Forth
Ras Mandingo

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2003, 03:36:31 AM »

Greetings Rain man,

Did you read my post "Individual Development" in the board i moderate?

I feel it relates to what you are expressing here.

Love & Respect - Naturally

Mandingo

Haile,
Wisdom, Knowledge, Strenght & Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RainMan

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2003, 04:15:27 AM »

No, I didn't read it but I will..Thanks.

Kingston

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2003, 07:53:41 AM »

Rainman...

Thanks for your post.

I am a strong believer in the idea and fact that God is within every single person on the earth.  We come from the most high and He is a part of our very being.

Do you feel the same?

If I were to only worship myself, would I not be worshipping God...not myself.  There is no me without HIM.

I do not feel as if I am giving away my power, infact I do feel this is where my power begins.  Thus, I also feel that I am recieving a great deal in this exchange which is a wonderful thing.  Besides, I am only here on earth to serve Jah and anything else is simply a blessing.

How do you feel about this?

Thanks and love Rainman...

..Kingston..

..Understanding Truth and My Place in it..
RainMan

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2003, 06:45:14 PM »

Kingston, sorry i didn't clarify myself completely..But you have taken the words right out of my fingertips.  That's exactly what i was saying.  Thank you ever so grandly.

So you, your Self have aided me in clarifying the point that i have inscribed on this board:
If I were to only worship myself, would I not be worshipping God...not myself.  There is no me without HIM.
 However you word it, God is you and you are God..So to worship yourSelf, you're worshipping God. To worship God is to worship yourSelf.  And too, man is nothing without the Lord God Fire within him.  He can doing without the God within him as any other being without the God within them.

What I meant by giving your power away is simple.  I mean when you worship another being, human or otherwise, you empower them.  So I say again, empower only the Self.  When you do, God is empowering the God that you are/he is.
Thanks Kingston...

Ras Mandingo

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2003, 08:01:29 PM »

Give thanks for this reasoning.

Mandingo.

Haile,
Wisdom, Knowledge, Strenght & Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kingston

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2003, 01:24:21 PM »

Rainman...

This is a lovely thing we have done here and it is for this reason that I love this reasoning form.  

I am simply grateful that I could help you like this Idren.

I do give thanks for this reasoning.

..Kingston..

..Understanding Truth and My Place in it..
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: