Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:36:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25912 Posts in 9968 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 26 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  GENERAL FORUM (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie, Makini, Zaynab)
| | |-+  Stanley "Tookie" Williams
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Stanley "Tookie" Williams  (Read 8765 times)
Poetic_Princess

I am nothing with out my soul

« on: December 12, 2005, 11:53:25 PM »

Greetings Brethren and Sistrens,

As i sit and watch the hours go by, at 4:01 Barbados time Stanley maybe heading to the death chamber
My heart goes out to all those who tried they best, whether it be protesting or petitioning, It just it seems the case doesn seem to add up yet they going on with it,I wonder where the great forgiveness and christian ways Amerikkka brag upon where have they gone all of a sudden.
I just hope that Gov.Arnold can sleep tonight when he knows a man who changed his life around in so much ways have died..

It has been said we are free in our minds but everywhere else we are in chains

I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become reality.
Ayinde
Ayinde

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 08:18:14 AM »

I find Whites generally do not have trouble ‘sleeping’ after they kill non-whites. Some develop other mental disorders though, but they do not link it to their attitude in relation to non-whites.

I am against the death penalty because of the unaddressed Racism and Colorism among other corruptions that are part of societies where it is applied.

All right thinking people should be against the death penalty. Blacks in particular should react strongly whenever the state executes Blacks.
Ayinde
Ayinde

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 08:24:44 AM »

Stanley 'Tookie' Williams executed

United States authorities on Tuesday executed Stanley "Tookie" Williams, a convicted killer who was at the centre of one of biggest anti-death penalty campaigns in the United States in decades, a spokesperson for San Quentin prison said.

Williams, executed by lethal injection, was declared dead at 12:35, she added.

Several thousand people gathered outside the prison, on the shores of the Pacific Ocean south of San Francisco, raising their voices in anger when Williams' execution was announced.

"It's over, but it's not," said Reverend Jesse Jackson, one of several well known personalities who supported Williams in his quest to have his execution stayed.

"He came in without any kind of resistance, was strapped down, showed no kind of resistance whatsoever," said Los Angeles Times reporter Steve Lopez, who witnessed the execution along with nearly 40 other people, including supporters of Williams and the families of his victims.

Williams, 51, was found guilty in 1981 of four murders, those of a convenience store clerk and a family of Chinese immigrants.

He had admitted being a founder of the brutal Crips gang that terrorised Los Angeles at the time but denied the killings. While on death row he renounced his violent past and wrote acclaimed books to try to persuade youths not to join gangs.

Hollywood stars and civil rights activists had joined an international campaign to try to save Williams' life. But all court appeals were rejected and California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger turned down his clemency bid on Monday.

"Clemency cases are always difficult and this one is no exception," Schwarzenegger said in a statement.

"After studying the evidence, searching the history, listening to the arguments and wrestling with the profound consequences, I could find no justification for granting clemency.

"The facts do not justify overturning the jury's verdict or the decisions of the courts in this case," the governor added.

http://www.news24.com/News24/World/News/0,,2-10-1462_1850115,00.html
melaninmagic

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 02:34:36 PM »

It is no secret to the world of the struggles we as a people have had to and are still experiencing to this day. 'Tookie' has taught us a lesson here folks. Inspite of the disproportionate number of incarcerated children of Africa, the poverty we are forced to bear and all manner of diseases we suffer through, we will STILL be shown no mercy. There has never been, nor do I believe there will ever. We are damned if we fight, and damned if we don't. I feel sorry for our future generations.

On a much lighter note, greetings from Buffalo, Barbados.

MelaninMagic.

Poetic_Princess

I am nothing with out my soul

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2005, 10:26:14 PM »

Hail Melanin Majic greetings,

I watched the news as his execution was going on right till it was finished, it made me wonder would the death penalty ever be eradicated, would they stop having black persons with a all white jury to cast they verdict on them, would they stop messing up the evidence to keep us behind bars when they know full well the evidence aint there, when would it stop.
It seems we must keep fighting, we cant stop cause they will always be trying to push us and keep us down.

I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become reality.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: