Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 06:10:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 200 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  GENERAL FORUM (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie, Makini, Zaynab)
| | |-+  Thanksgiving Day in the Land of Plenty
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Thanksgiving Day in the Land of Plenty  (Read 5568 times)
transcendental

Roots

« on: November 27, 2005, 01:01:38 PM »

From a sistren of mine.
Thought I would share it.
Peace.

Thanksgiving Day in the Land of Plenty

Brothers and Sisters,

As I woke up this morning I recalled with shame and disgust, that around this big country called the USA, people are gathering to celebrate a holiday which implicitly glorifies genocide and slavery. Excuse me for preaching to the choir as I know many of you who will read these words are already well informed. Until meaningful social changes are wrought and the exploited nations are given their share, we cannot speak the truth too much.

My words are meant to remind, to inform and to inspire those who stand for truth and justice, and who seek to uphold the common dignity and divinity of mankind. Unfortunately, this country is a symbol of hypocrisy, dishonesty and genocide. The nations of people who inherited this land from their ancestors were deceived with false promises and broken treaties. They were forced off their lands, given deadly diseases on blankets they were told would keep them warm, and killed outright in a multitude of brutal and inhuman ways. That wicked man Christopher Columbus, the self-proclaimed “Admiral of the Sea,” managed to exterminate the entire population of Hispaniola – 8 million Arawaks – in less than 100 years. The Native American Holocaust is considered by many historians to be the most massive and longest-lasting genocide in history. On the mainland, hundreds upon hundreds of nations with unique languages, customs and cultures were completely exterminated. Then, as if the karma of these “founding fathers” wasn’t bad enough, they decided to import people from a far away land – Africa, the so called “dark continent,” to be their beasts of burden. The development of economic resources flourished because of forced labor which was as brutal and inhuman as the Native American Genocide that preceded it. Woe to these wicked men who have no heart and no conscience.

Amerikkka is the Dark Continent. A continent full of dirty secrets, stained with the blood of the righteous and the innocent, now full of fat people gobbling up the resources of the planet while steeping in their collective ignorance and amnesia.

We live in a country which was stolen from its people; a people who lived in harmony with the earth and all its creatures. A people for whom to be rich meant to give away as much as possible. Isn’t it ironic that several hundred years later this country is now the pinnacle of capitalism, selfishness and greed? Nothing is for free, they tell us. People who give away their wealth are looked at as crazy, stupid or both.

Today as I shed tears for the lost ones, I pray that love and truth will prove contagious. I pray that the planetary shifts will force an enlightened consciousness to emerge on this planet. I pray that we can resolve our petty differences and disagreements in order to unite our energies against our common enemies of greed, selfishness, ignorance, materialism, vanity, and corruption.

May the weak become strong in the presence of Truth.

May the Light shine and illuminate the right road and may we walk on this road with the conviction and fortitude of those freedom fighters who came before us.

And after this great and mighty struggle,

May there once again be Peace on Earth.

As it was in the beginning, so shall it be in the end.

Selah.

Sistah Aislyn Weinfeld

November 24, 2005
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: