Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 04:09:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 412 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  GENERAL FORUM (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie, Makini, Zaynab)
| | |-+  Africa
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Africa  (Read 6887 times)
Petar

Roots

« on: September 29, 2004, 09:12:50 AM »

Hi.My name is Petar and I am from country called Montenegro.I am not black,but I have allways wandered what was like in south Africa before Europians came there.Can somebody tell me something more about history of the "Black" Africa?

Best Regards.
Poetic_Princess

I am nothing with out my soul

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2004, 06:36:15 PM »

I dont know a whole lot on that issue but i will share with you the little knowledge i have on it.

South Africa from my knowledge was a great country before the Europeans came along,Not saying it isn't a great country now it is just Africa was a diverse land home of many cultures,languages and tribes.They were several large kingdoms,such as Mali and Songhay which held sway over significant stretches of terriotory.Persons lived in one big community working together in gathering food and cooking of meals,putting all they resources together as one.
But on the arrival of the Europeans came the arrival of Suffering,they first contact with the Africans where through trading post on the coast where the Africans would trade precious items such as gold,ivory and spices.
But as the European Colonies in the Americas expanded there began the transformation of Africa where instead of trading the Europeans kidnapped and enslaved africans and transporting them for sale. And this ruined the kingdoms and villages of Africa. Slavery had never been unknown in the region, but the large-scale kidnapping and transportation of slaves, as well as the treatment of those slaves as permanent property, were unheard of. Wars broke out as local tribes sought to protect their people from roving bands of slave traders,and villagers retreated behind barricades. But the greatest blow was the loss of its people, and the youngest and strongest men, women, and children- Africa's future-were taken across the ocean to a harsh life in another land.

Hope it gives you some insight as i mentioned earlier i dont know a large scale of it most i know is from reading and researching hope i was of some help. Blessings n Hotep

I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become reality.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: