Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 09:21:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25912 Posts in 9968 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 617 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  GENERAL FORUM (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie, Makini, Zaynab)
| | |-+  The military to recruit at a church!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The military to recruit at a church!  (Read 8833 times)
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« on: April 26, 2005, 12:36:15 AM »

Even as I had already taken these photographs of something that I clearly know is wrong, hell we ended with “I‘m proud to be an American”, after a sermon and a combined rendition of all the services anthems. I was conflicted. I knew, and know that almost all of the people I’m depending on to bring this to light disagree with me on virtually every issue. I wasn’t going to release this unless they were recruiting. They were.

The military to recruit at a church, too creepy...

http://shlonkombakazay.blogspot.com/2005/02/holy-st-its-fascist-picture-story-time.html

B.K

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
Ayinde
Ayinde

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 08:50:27 PM »

It only seems creepy because it places the Military and Church together with the same agenda. Christians have always been involved in wars, so why mask it.

We have all these church going fundamental Christians, who feel they are here to hasten Armageddon via their 'fearless' leaders who have their 'direct' link with the 'one and only god'. Let them go put their own lives on the line. Many of them are already promoters of wars, so it is fitting they sign up to die or otherwise directly experience the effects of their ignorance.
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 12:45:11 AM »

Good point Brother Ayinde! Christianity is the background of the ideas behind White Supremacy and the attraction behind it for many white fundamental Christians. As the American Armed forces start recruiting in churches I see we have another global "Crusade" as The Muslim Army recruit at mosques too.

Young idealistic boys -both Muslims and Christians- want to be the new Crusaders of the world who give up everything - their studies, jobs, families and wealth to fight anywhere to achieve victory or paradise. The dream of holding machine guns and firing forever against the enemy as they do in their computer games sounds like a good deal.... After all "they" hate us, and it's us against them.

Funnily enough, I've noticed a similar attitude in Jewish kids in Israel. A lot of these kids join the army in the hopes that they may have an opportunity to shoot a Muslim. Young American Jews even go to Israel and join the army to defend the land that was promised to Abraham by GOD, so it is OK to arrogant and narrow-minded, and breeds contempt and hatred at all levels.

I guess it's easy at such a young age to be brainwashed by organized patriarchal religions, the most insincere and misguided ideals can be.

B.K

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
The_Pumpster

My Battle Cry,....One Settler,One Bullet!!!

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 11:50:43 AM »

Greetings Brothers and Sisters,

This actually doesn't surprise me a bit. If we take a close look at the churches that are being built in our African communities, they are being built to more cosely resemble forts. Very few windows, large iron gates, its almost as if they were expecting an armed assault.

I always thought a church was supposed to be an inviting place. Just take a close look the next time you ride by the churches in the "Hood".

Hotep

Brother Andre/The_Pumpster
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: