Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 11:19:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 457 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  GENERAL FORUM (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie, Makini, Zaynab)
| | |-+  curious
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: curious  (Read 12581 times)
innersoulsista

Roots

« on: April 07, 2005, 03:35:14 PM »

Greetings everyone. I have enjoyed reading all the post and information on this site, I think that alot of people give intelligent and informative anwers and post unlike some message boards I have been on. I live in kansas city and I am unfamiliar with what this site is about. I believe it has to do with a culture of nubians ? I noticed that some words that some of you speak to each other i have never seen before. I also looked at some of the book selections that I can read, I would like it if someone could explain to me or tell me alittle bit about this site. It seems I would be interested in learning. Alot of things hear a basicly black and white,to learn something that seems to be at my intrest would be nice.
innersoulsista

Roots

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2005, 07:20:16 PM »

When I wrote every thing is black and white here, I was meaning in kansas city not this site. There isn't a whole lot of people who show their culture here.
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2005, 10:16:45 PM »

Perhaps, you are a white woman.

There are intelligent and positive whites in this website who will give you the knowledge you need about black issues... start form there!

http://www.rootsie.com/forum/

B.K

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
innersoulsista

Roots

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2005, 05:46:35 PM »

Actually, I am a mixed women of black and white parents, meaning black father white mother. Who do you suggest I start asking questions to, a black woman or a white woman?Huh I thought I was goin to learm something I dont know about. You cant find out any thing if you never inquire.
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2005, 10:23:06 PM »

The topic of mulattos or mixed race individuals has come up on several occasions in this site. I found amazing you didn’t try to read interesting threads on bi-racials and black issues we deal with over and over. If you want information you can find them. Just read threads or articles which you can found in abundance in this community, don’t beg for guidance take the lead!

B.K

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
innersoulsista

Roots

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2005, 02:57:45 PM »

I am not begging, but thanks for your feedback, I did not realize you had alot of articles on mixed people. I will have to check it out, beings I am not totaly familar with this site. I don't go around looking for things on mixed people because I just tend to be black if you can understand where I am coming from.
iNk

Roots n Ites

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2005, 05:34:10 AM »

There is no sence in talking about colour. Jah gave you that body, that you have and one heart for all. The only thing you need to remember is Humanity.

InI think u overstand dat my english is not good )
Rastafari everywhere!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: