Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 06:45:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25912 Posts in 9968 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 315 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  GENERAL FORUM (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie, Makini, Zaynab)
| | |-+  Propaganda. What is going on?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Propaganda. What is going on?  (Read 14118 times)
TowerOfConfusion

« on: January 22, 2006, 07:27:16 PM »

I heard the word propaganda from some raggae music and it ends up that this word is in my head and has been there for several days. From what I have seen propaganda is used anywhere from the  bible to rastafari to the U.S. army or even to middle east terrorist groups. Propoganda is anything that attempts to phycologically persuade (trick) someone to think a certain way. So I have come to the conclusion that everytime someone tries to give information or tries to communicate with a group or an individual that it is propoganda no matter what. I am so confused from the word propaganda that it makes me think about every single thing i have learned and every single thing I say. I have yet to recieve a good answer as to how propaganda can be a good thing. If someone tries to tell me that propaganda could be used in a good way, saying that could also be considered propaganda. your thoughts?
TowerOfConfusion

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 07:28:18 PM »

read this if you want information on propoganda techniques http://www.disinfopedia.org/wiki.phtml?title=Propaganda_techniques
No Home

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 04:54:12 PM »

The only way for information not to be propoganda is if it provides every possible fact, no matter if it enforces an opposite opinion.  It is my belief that one must take in all possible information and make up their minds about the topic. Then again, this is just another form of propoganda.
ooggooles
AfricaSpeaks Member

I am the living incarnation of my ancestors

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 11:49:29 AM »

Is it propoganda if your mother or teacher ect. tells you that you are the best or the most brightest of the  most fit? While other mothers or teachers are telling thier children or students the same thing? Propoganda that is intended to instilled pride or uplift is it necessarily bad? Do you really think that those mothers or teachers are trying to hurt those children and students or hate other children and students or lying to them? Fight fire with fire. Use you heads. 
citizen

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 02:48:37 PM »

i think the initial post is correct. the whole world is propaganda. we are sold on all aspects pof society, either by politicians, groups of people, social norms, or legal systems. not a single person, as shown by the varying philosophies on this forum, is an objective veiwer, and how could he be. as long as we live in the world, the world will continue to live in us. objectivity, freedom from propaganda is freedom from all connection. it is complete and exclusive identity with oneself and at the same time disasociation from the world in which the self must exist. to escape propaganda, you might experiment with buddhism
ooggooles
AfricaSpeaks Member

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006, 06:01:55 PM »

Question. How can you talk about ending propoganda then turn around and push Buddist propoganda? Your agenda is to promote buddism that is you propoganda.
citizen

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2006, 11:18:47 AM »

i'm saying that propaganda is inevitable. i was simply suggesting that people who want to avoid the propaganda in this world look into buddhism because i (as a non-buddhist) have seen some promising things in it. don't worry, i'm not trying to convert people. people who are openminded and want to get rid of some of the prpaganda that is being constnatly puched on us might find some buddhist teachings useful.

i do agree that it sounds like i'm marketting something. i guess weshould resign ourslves to the fact that any statement is propaganda. in that sense you're right, when i wrote that post, buddhism was my propaganda.

please know however, that i do not have any real investment in the religion beyond a mild interest
ooggooles
AfricaSpeaks Member

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2006, 05:16:54 PM »

Greetings. I agree with you 100% but you somewhat missed my point. I was not clear enough......We should have our own porpaganda designed to prop us up untill the time comes when it is not necessary (which I think is not going to come). Ie...Your mother telling you "your the most hansome child in the whole world." Or when you tell your girl she look great in that dress even though she doesn't. People sometimes need support. Propaganda is not a bad thing if used correctly. It's like a chess game.   
RAS_B

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2006, 08:27:39 PM »

OK. IT IS ALL PROPOGANDA. NOW THAT WE GOT THAT STREIGHT , LETS GET TO THE REASON WHY YOU THINK YOU SHOULD COME IN HERE SPREADING COUNTER PROPOGANDA? WHAT IS IT YOU HOPE TO ACHIEVE? MALCOLM X SAID BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY AND IF THAT IS WHAT IT TAKES SO BE IT.  Santa 3 Rifle
ooggooles
AfricaSpeaks Member

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2006, 12:04:51 AM »

Greetings. In order for any one to believe in you you have to believe in yourself. There are plenty of negative messages (Verbal, Visual) being displayed to KMT/Black on just about every issue. I have reached the conclusion as have others that this is a form of psychological warefare meant to enable KMT/Black people especially the youth to mentally defeat/enslave themselves. We simple need to display posotive images of and about KMT/Black people. Simple put up a poster on your property or any where posible of a black you the going into a libary or other socially beneficial things like that. It doesn't need to have any words the image speaks for itself. Any positive image. We have to realize that personal media that can be easilly, cheaply, readily, be displayed on the street. Use uplifting lively colors. make your kids wear them. Your the parent. After you finish reading this you could for $10, $20, $30 have you own personal positive media campaing ready to hit the street in 24 hours or less. It can be done very cheaply. The last thing we should do or expect is to take something to the corporate media. Lets face it they are agiangt KMT/Black people to certain degrees, for what ever reasons they can come up with.

Stop all this talk about our people can't unite. If KMT/Black people couldn't unite we would have been exterimnated a long time ago. Think about it. We need to enable KMT/Black people to think positively. I sometimes just start conversations with people I don't now I be like "yo they got a fight on HBO coming up, who's fighting?" Then go from there. They are so willing to talk. You get that sense of community. I know it has a positive effect. It's like a ripple in the ocean that turns into a huge wave. Speaking of wave I mention the idea of surfing an the too many black people say that a white thing. Not true KMT/Black people can do anything. That's like saying that the stop light is a white thing ot WASHINGTON DC is a white thing. That's not true either the stop light was invented by a KMT/Black person and Washington DC was built from the memory of a KMT/Blackman. They said thet he was the assistant, but I know that he was the Architect and the white guy was the assistant. KMT/Black nation can do anything. We built Rome, Europe, America the Pyramids. We wouldn't have gotten through slavery if we didn't think positive. But now the Coorporate has got our minds all twisted. Remember "Think and be positive."

PS

That was a great question. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: