Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:14:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 90 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  GENERAL FORUM (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie, Makini, Zaynab)
| | |-+  ?CONSERVATIVE MEDIA?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: ?CONSERVATIVE MEDIA?  (Read 5841 times)
iyah360

Higher Reasoning

« on: December 01, 2003, 12:42:20 PM »

Peace.

I am finding it very hard to correlate the supposed "conservative" views of the rich white people who run the corporate media with the absolute disregard for anything "conservative" within the CONTENT of the programming offered by such outlets.

Has anyone noticed how x-rated regular TV has become? Promiscuity, homosexuality, drug use, brutal murder, torture, manipulation of others to get what you want, ALL OF THESE ARE BEING PROMOTED ON these corporate media channels.

So, who is to say that the ones who run these enterprises are conservative as so many liberals would have one believe?

Perhaps I am an idiot, but I was supposing that conservative values would reflect a respect for family life and moderation in ones actions in the world?

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: