Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:58:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 71 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Rastafari (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Bob Marley
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Bob Marley  (Read 40481 times)
Kebo

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2004, 11:51:17 AM »

There can be bias against someone and bias for. Both are biased. Neither bias does justice for the truth.

I dont know what wrong Bob ever did, I dont think of Bob in terms of doing wrong, but more of a hero who overcame adversity with monumental effort. But if he did do any wrong in his life, any way you slice it he's still an asset to humanity. So this guy Don Taylor is a hater, and his testimony against Bob isn't going to go far in discrediting the legend.

Kebo

African justice - white redemption
nmichele

RastafariSpeaks.com

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2004, 04:20:35 PM »

"Discussing whether or not Bob partook in domestic violence makes one more selfish, superficial, and totally devoid of any sense of reverence for this African liberation fighter who was Bob Marley. If you have time for stupidity and vilifying you are the one sick."

I thought the purpose of this specific posting was to discuss this...if not, my mistake...however, your comments truly disturb me, Kelani...it seems as if you are condoning the possibility of this man, African liberation freedom fighter or not, abusing his spouse...am i or am i not correct?  Is "stupidity" in this case bringing to light the way that Black women have suffered under the hands of Black men?  This is not to say that we haven't suffered because of White men, but let's keep it real...we talk about community, liberation, revolution and other  ideas as a way of bringing about change for Black people...however, this discourse neglects to address the multiple oppressions that Black women face in the world at the hands of our 'brothers'...

it saddens me that you would elevate "race" men to the detriment of the Black women that work with them in the 'struggle'...i dont' know your story, Kelani...but it seems that you are speaking from a place of tremendous pain...but please do not abuse me in the process...

go in peace...nm

Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2004, 05:09:15 AM »

nmichele,

Yes, I know the  barbaric conduct against Black women throughout the world. I have seen and learned of the horror under which they live because of their brute mates conduct!! Do you speak out on their behalf, as they don't have access to relative freedom as you have? If you are convinced that they need protection, you would look to advertise their plight and able to aid them at all times. Where exactly was your outcry previously from this thread? On the other hand the numerous and dynamite articles I pull show, sorely deals with the history and still suffering of BOTH Black women and Black men. Male or female... both genders are of value! Does my frequent rhetoric leave you with the impression that I favor one more than the other? Call me, heartbroken, racist, or whatever...only you as a near-white woman get flustered when a dark-skinned woman reveals your hypocrisy.

Do you not think the white media is just making up these charges against Bob? The white media care little about gathering actual facts about Black people. These folks keep doing bad things to our Brothers. History shows us that nothing is beyond their evil minds. Thus, tell me if it is not ignorant to be "cheerleading" for this charge of brutality because you are hoping it is true? Of course, you can raise questions but none of that go to the core of working for the agenda of Blacks anyway.

Bantu Kelani.

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
Ras_Legacy

AfricaSpeaks.co m

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2004, 07:20:10 PM »

Brethren and Sistren:
I did not post this question about the book because I am afraid to focus on slavery and oppression, or because I am trying to defend people who abuse their spouses. I simply wanted to know how you felt about the Great Bob Marley being discredited. As he even sang "...propaganda spreading over my name/ say you wanna put another life to shame..." (Bad Card)
This information does not change my view of the Great Bob Marley, nor does it improve my view of Don Taylor.
Thank you for responding to my question! JAH bless.

InI I hang on in there....InI I no leggo!!!! (So JAH Seh)
Kebo

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2004, 08:43:56 PM »

You say you playin' a game - and then you draw bad card
What make ya draw bad card?

aldred
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2004, 12:01:23 PM »

Man to man is so unjust, children ya don't know who to trust,your worst enimy could be your best friend, and your best friend, your worst enimy.Bredrens and sistrens,Rasta don't judge no one,The only true judge ,is the almighty omnipotense H.I.M.self.....Don Taylor? Who is Don Taylor?
First of all do try get some facts about this person. seen!
Everytime one of our black inspirational leaders take up our cause, they get the gunned down. Ask yourself, what does BOB MARLEY mean to you, what roll does play, if any, in your lives. Bob was a light force, but he was also human, this does not condone the possibility that he supposidly had beaten his wife, But for JAH's sakes, let us move on.
Brothers and sisters, let us go forward ever backward never.
I personally feel seh breddah Bob has gone ahead to prepare a place, for I and I. JAH guide and protect.
Kebo

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2004, 09:31:13 PM »

I wanna put this thought out to people. Bob was born and blessed with a voice to spread a message. And Bob's quintessential message is Haile Sellassie as the second coming of Jesus Christ. If this is not true about Haile Sellassie then Bob's quintessential message is wrong. Which doesnt make sense to me. Bob's blessedness, life, success and legacy are a strong testimony to his message.

Kebo

kristine

RastaSpeaks .com

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2004, 10:48:16 PM »

Please do share some lyrics which back this statement...
Kebo

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2004, 01:26:18 AM »

Music is also a way to draw people to a message. Bob's message was also found in his life. In reading about his life and watching footage on Bob you hear talk of Haile Sellassie I and Rastafari frequently running through his speech and direction and in that of his surrounding company.

Kebo

kristine

RastaSpeaks .com

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2004, 10:56:47 AM »

Kebo..you say..

"I wanna put this thought out to people. Bob was born and blessed with a voice to spread a message. And Bob's quintessential message is Haile Sellassie as the second coming of Jesus Christ. If this is not true about Haile Sellassie then Bob's quintessential message is wrong. Which doesnt make sense to me. Bob's blessedness, life, success and legacy are a strong testimony to his message"

Main Entry: quin·tes·sence
Pronunciation: kwin-'te-s&n(t)s
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French quinte essence, from Medieval Latin quinta essentia, literally, fifth essence
Date: 15th century
1 : the fifth and highest element in ancient and medieval philosophy that permeates all nature and is the substance composing the celestial bodies
2 : the essence of a thing in its purest and most concentrated form
3 : the most typical example or representative
- quin·tes·sen·tial  /"kwin-t&-'sen(t)-sh&l/ adjective
- quin·tes·sen·tial·ly adverb

and I ask the question...particularly focusing on

Bob's quintessential message is Haile Sellassie as the second coming of Jesus Christ.

Please do share lyrics which will validate this statement...

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: