Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 01:01:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 60 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  SCIENCE, SOCIOLOGY, RELIGION
| |-+  Relationships and Gender Issues (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Intelligent Bashing of Gays
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Intelligent Bashing of Gays  (Read 54397 times)
preach

Roots

« on: April 28, 2004, 12:19:18 AM »

I recently read an article in a mag/paper about gay marriage. The interesting thing is that individuals who oppose gay marriage never have an intelligent answer as to why they are so against it. Other than because of religious reasons, which isn't an individualistic or conscious but one of association, does anyone have an intelligent answer? One individual went so far as to say that it is a threat to the black race. How so?

love
out_of_Zion

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2004, 07:58:46 PM »

My personal opinion is that they are no harm to anyone except themselves (which I say in light of the health implications that heterosexuals too face with abberant forms of sex.  Anal sex can cause tears in the rectal lining; oral sex can transmit disease; et al.).  I think too many people have too much free time to be focusing on inhibiting the lifestyle choices of others.  I personally do not believe that gays should be leaders within any true Christian church, but here in the western world we (ARE SUPPOSED TO) have a separation of church & state, thus religious view should not influence the forum of gay marriage.  AND YET - Republicans somehow fail to understand this concept, or perhaps more accurately:  feel they are God's representatives on earth.  Make no mistake, it is a Republican battle, as they glory in their own self-righteousness.

Therefore, become imitators of JAH, as beloved children - Ephesians 5:1
Poetic_Princess

I am nothing with out my soul

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2004, 10:56:05 PM »

Honestly,I really dont know much on how they are a threat to the black race besides that many brothers like to live doubleside and live on the downlow causing the spread of HIV,STD's to their partners when the come home from their daily affairs.
In my views there is no sense of a "Gay Marriage" what can come of it besides of a "sore butt" and a "sore throat" and for both that later in life they may not be able to hold their bowels long enough to make it to the toilet.
2 Gay men can't produce a child and im not saying marriage is all about bring forth life but it is a part of it and they cant do that, even if they adopt how will a child be able to explain that to his teacher that he got 2 daddies and no mommy,how will that child survive in soceity no one knowz but yet they allowing them too adopt and have so called "families".Honestly I believe that many people are too conforming to their lifestyle and many are too accepting and giving them the right to do whatever they want and they are doing exactly as they wanted.I oppose gay marriage on both religious and soceity reasons, Jah created 2 genders male and female is it no where stated that man and man can go out and multiply or women and women etc. And as it states Jah Created Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve and that the way it should be.

I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become reality.
aleph

Roots

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2004, 11:40:12 PM »

By all means, princess, live your life the way you wish... but why oppose gay marriage when it is something that could bring some happiness to a small part of an unhappy population? If someone wants to live happily in a way you wouldn't want, why prohibit them social acceptance and create more problems... if Jah wish them not to live so, they will come to know it sooner or later.

He without sin cast the first stone.
Poetic_Princess

I am nothing with out my soul

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2004, 07:40:15 AM »

Blessings Aleph, your point is very well taking I guess their are more sides to a story than one but honestly what do you think of the generation that is living now and ones after how would they be able to understand and deal with such things in soceity.It is just sad to see what the world is coming too.

I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become reality.
iyah360

Higher Reasoning

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2004, 08:55:54 AM »

Please see this post.

http://www.africaspeaks.com/reasoning/?board=gender;action=display;num=1064043608;start=8#8

out_of_Zion

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2004, 10:34:24 AM »

It is just sad to see what the world is coming too.

Sad - and - not altogether new.  See Romans 1:21,26-32.  This was a problem within the congregations in Paul's time.

Notice in 1:28, "God gave them up to a disapproved mental state" and above that it refers to the gay acts.  Its because of their spiritual deficiencies that they fall into these heinous lifestyles.  

And as far as aleph saying "let he without sin cast the first stone," Poetic Princess is casting no stone at all, she's simply stating Biblical fact.  I'm sure she knows we're all sinners and fallen short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23), but that doesn't mean she cannot point out the error of their ways.  Moreover, if you follow on to Romans 2:1 you'll see that (let me paraphrase here) you can condemn or adjust another so long as you are not practicing that sin.  Since Poetic Princess is not performing lesbian acts, then, she can speak out against homosexual acts.  She's condemning the sin, not the sinner.  That's JAH & Yeshua's duty and in due time they will:

"Now the works of the flesh are manifest, and they are fornication, uncleanness, loose conduct...those who practice such things WILL NOT INHERIT GOD'S KINGDOM."  
- Galatians 5:19,21; partial quotations
-------------------------------------
Besides - even if you step away from the biblical aspect of this:  it's contrary to nature as she said.

Therefore, become imitators of JAH, as beloved children - Ephesians 5:1
Nazarite

AfricaSpeaks.co m

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2004, 01:05:13 PM »

OHM.i think its COMMON SENSE to know that one shouldnt Alter with Nature,which is the Mother of us All.when one comes to the fact MENTALLY that same sex is "Alright",they are Deviating Mentally from the BALANCE Principles of life.they are NOT seeing the world as how it is with the balance of opposites,which is Reality.i am NOT Judging no one,but Fact and Truth is right infront of our faces.OH WAIT,i know what the problem is,most Gays and Lezbians failed Science class..... Grin (just kidding....a little)

Namaste

Selassie I /Empress Menen-Y'shua/Mary Magdalene,Perfect Balance
preach

Roots

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2004, 06:33:28 PM »

Thanks to all who responded. I don't know if I made myself clear when i asked if there were any well thought out reasons for opposing gay marriage. It almost seems as if those who oppose gm do so only because someone told them to or because they are following the general populous. The same religion that opposes the homosexual lifestyle is the same religion that invaded Africa and was instrumental in the capture, physical and mental enslavement of millions of my ancestors. This is a discredited religion that has rendered a otherwise loving god hypocritical by putting limitations on who should receive his favor. If it is at all possible can we have our own thoughts sometimes rather than taking the easy way out by accepting an outdated system. If we as a people are to be progressive we must include everyone in the diaspora.

love
Ras Adisa Kwabena

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2004, 11:29:52 PM »

I have prayed about this gay marriage issue, and my reasoning with God is simple.  We are not ones to judge. All must account for themselves to God.  Are we not a religion of Love? So why not Love our brothers/sisters.  We can love them, yet not love what they do...

As to my own opinion...Let them live their life, let them be allowed the rights of individuals in heterosexual unions.  As far as adoption goes, yes, it may be hard on the child to be raised by same sex parents in this society, but at the same, that child will probably have a better chance in life with loving same sex parents, than simply passing time as wards of the state.  For what other reason do we shun our brothers?  Did Yeshua not love the prostitute even, even though I'm sure he disliked what she did...

Peace And Love,
Jah Melku
Oshun_Auset

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2004, 12:54:54 PM »

OHM.i think its COMMON SENSE to know that one shouldnt Alter with Nature,which is the Mother of us All.when one comes to the fact MENTALLY that same sex is "Alright",they are Deviating Mentally from the BALANCE Principles of life.they are NOT seeing the world as how it is with the balance of opposites,which is Reality.i am NOT Judging no one,but Fact and Truth is right infront of our faces.OH WAIT,i know what the problem is,most Gays and Lezbians failed Science class..... Grin (just kidding....a little)

Namaste

I think this man's post was ignored by the origional poster. I personally don't practice Christianity and I know others on this board don't. This comment he made can apply to all spiritual system of African tradition. Balance is primary. "As above so below" is an ancient African concept. Where there is a God their was a Goddess. IMHO Christianity, and it's lack of respect for the divine feminine actually fosters homosexual behavior as a social phenomenon. There were always a few
homosexuals in traditional Africa(as everywhere else) and they were often tollerated prior to foreign spiritual concepts intruding into African culture(ie. Islam and Christianity), but that number was small in comparison to the homosexual behavior in the Christian West. Homosexuality in nature,  scientifically speeking, should be at a low occurance since it takes a female and male for procreation...We are social beings as well as genetic, and much of our behavior is socially developed, especially when speaking of mass behavioral phenomenon.

Homosexuality in Africa, in a large portion can be attributed to colonialism/imperialism and the white male power structure that caused all other people (Black females and males) to be exploited for labour or sex. In S. Africa today many of the homosexual relationships are between rich older White men and younger poorer Black one's. Power dynamics created by colonialism and the spiritual concept of an altered, all male holy trinity(Father/, Son, Holy Ghost) Instead of the origional African Holy trinity (Father/God/Osiris/Ausar, Son/God/Horus/Heru, and Mother/Goddess/Auset/Isis) creates an imbalance in every area of our world, internally and externally...sexuality, male female relationships, our relationship with MOTHER nature being that of exploitation and destruction, ect. {I do aknowledge the vestiges of the feminine principle in the adoration of the "virgin mother"...but that is only in Cathlicism and is a severe demostion from Auset/Isis/Goddess in the holy trinity...her propper place. Also I do ackowledge the Hebrew word for Holy Ghost is actually a feminine one, hinting to the fact it was a woman previousely...but the patriarcal Judeo-Christian religion does not teach this to it's congregation. Lilith(Adams first wife who was bannished from Eden because she liked to mount him instead of taking her "rightful" passive possition during sex (on the bottom)...is also a vestage of the winged Goddess in the Babylonian Talmud, but that was a later addition to the religion of the Torah and was used as a repressive tool towards venerating the mother Goddess Isis and her counterparts/incarnations in North East African and SOuth West Asia(the middle East). Lilith became a blood sucking, baby eating demon for wanting to be "on top" or "equal" and had to fly away. Isis/Auset coincidentally mounted Osiris/Ausar to create their son Horus/Heru in the same manner}

The dominant Spirituality, politics, economics, and culture cultivate different social behaviors in the populous. Therfore I don't see any point in attacking homosexuals as individuals or trying to prevent or fight against homosexual marriage within a system that is fostering that very behavior in the first place. Christianity oppresses the feminine principle in it's concepts and in it's organizations(women aren't in the hierarchy and there is no Goddess present)...Is it any wonder that a man would see it better fit to be with another man? We need to fight against the "system" and take the best of OUR old (African) traditions and improve upon them by adding the best of the new. We are out of balance....  

Here is a good example of how homosexuality is dealt with within "traditional" vodou/vudun/Dahomey society...without too much foreign Islamic and Christian influence, Africans have a "live and let live" mentality...while simultaneousely the culture does not promote or foster homosexuality in great numbers as is done in the Capitalist/Christian West...

http://members.aol.com/roots125/gayclergy.html

Futhermore, someone's sexual orientation would never stop me from organizing with them to liberate our people. We are all exploited and oppressed Africans first. Much of the imbalanced social phenomenon we have as a people will be minimized, once we have self determination as a people.

Forward to a united Africa!
preach

Roots

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2004, 12:58:10 PM »

oshun. one point you made really stood out.Pardon my paraphrasing. The part where you briefly spoke about behavior being socially developed. Do you think that some homosexual behavior is socially developed? Do you think that would explain the flux of teenagers and even younger children embracing the homosexual lifestyle?

love
Oshun_Auset

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2004, 03:57:36 PM »

oshun. one point you made really stood out.Pardon my paraphrasing. The part where you briefly spoke about behavior being socially developed. Do you think that some homosexual behavior is socially developed? Do you think that would explain the flux of teenagers and even younger children embracing the homosexual lifestyle?

Actually I think most homosexual behavior is socially developed...that naturally/scientifically to be born that way would be a rare occurance(although it does happen) since it goes against what is needed for pro-creation...but this system fosters large amounts of it, which isn't logical scientifically/naturally speeking...I don't think it is about homosexuals "recruiting" others (as the conservative Christian right wing groups always say)...Far from it. I think it the system that is producing what I refer to as the "side effects" of capitalism and colonial/imperial Christian ideology.

It may not just be the ideology, it could be all the hormones in the foods we eat...I have read studies that show those are also affecting our sexual orientation. Never the less, that would still be a side effect of capitalism.

"The dominant Spirituality, politics, economics, and culture cultivate different social behaviors in the populous."

There is no balance in this capitalist society...It fosters such behavior in everyone(children included) from it's lack of respect for the devine feminine. It isn't just homosexuality either...it is all forms of loose sexual conduct(not saying that all homosexuals are loose), all forms of exploitation of people and the earth, and all forms of oppression. There is no respect for the sexual act, no respect for mother earth, and no respect for life itself. Everything is a comodity.

You will know the tree by the fruit it bears....The capitalist Christian apologist tree is wrotton and so are it's fruits. It is not only raping and exploiting others and their land...It is self destructive, and will feed upon itself. But then again, this house(colonial and imperial capitialism) was built on a foundation of sand(native genocide and the enslavement of Africans)...so it is bound to fall.

Babylon was great, that didn't make it "good".

Nazarite

AfricaSpeaks.co m

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2004, 09:51:48 PM »

Ohm.i read some time ago on one of the Message boards that Pollution in the waters caused Male seals to develope Feminine Genitals and not only that,but Scientists did a study on 10 Lambs.5 of the Lambs were same sex and the other opposite.they found out that the 5 that were Same sex LACKED the complexity of some brain placements than the opposites,no disrespect,but their Brain was,lets say,a species Back like the Neandrathals and Cro magnons and...u do the rest,lol.as far as ones being born "Gay",MY OPINION is that they maybe had a wicked Pastlife,because i know Jah wouldnt create ANYTHING out of order,that morelike Sa-tan ways to me!

Selassie I /Empress Menen-Y'shua/Mary Magdalene,Perfect Balance
Oshun_Auset

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2004, 10:54:37 AM »

as far as ones being born "Gay",MY OPINION is that they maybe had a wicked Pastlife,because i know Jah wouldnt create ANYTHING out of order,that morelike Sa-tan ways to me!

What about hermaphrodites? Do you not see them as creations of the Godess/God too?

And if hermaphrodites with sexual organs of both sexes occur in nature...than what about brain chemistry being hermaphroditic, without the sexual organs showing that tendancy?

I actually saw a study on the Discovery channel...They studied slices of the brain area that determines if it is a male or female brain...and the gay males had female brain identification by scientists and the female gays had male brain identification...If a sexual hermaphrodite is possible in nature...why not a mental one? Although I think it would be a rare natural occurence...hence I think the majority of homosexuality today is socialized behavior...

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: