Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:31:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 90 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  SCIENCE, SOCIOLOGY, RELIGION
| |-+  Relationships and Gender Issues (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Intelligent Bashing of Gays
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Intelligent Bashing of Gays  (Read 54395 times)
iyah360

Higher Reasoning

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2004, 11:39:27 AM »

MY OPINION is that they maybe had a wicked Pastlife,because i know Jah wouldnt create ANYTHING out of order,that morelike Sa-tan ways to me!

I know this is just your opinion, but this same mentality HAS AND CONTINUES to be applied to anything that one does not like - -- check the caste system in India.
iyah360

Higher Reasoning

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2004, 11:53:14 AM »

What about hermaphrodites? Do you not see them as creations of the Godess/God too?

And if hermaphrodites with sexual organs of both sexes occur in nature...than what about brain chemistry being hermaphroditic, without the sexual organs showing that tendancy?

I actually saw a study on the Discovery channel...They studied slices of the brain area that determines if it is a male or female brain...and the gay males had female brain identification by scientists and the female gays had male brain identification...If a sexual hermaphrodite is possible in nature...why not a mental one? Although I think it would be a rare natural occurence...hence I think the majority of homosexuality today is socialized behavior...

On the psychological and sociological front(as opposed to the biological and environmental front) - I think that through our enforced and out of balance gender roles, people get confused and feel the only outlet for the parts of their personalities which are frowned upon by the programming they receive from social forces is through homosexual relations. Repressed emotions come out in perverted ways . . . Catholic priests are a prime example.

Oshun_Auset

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2004, 12:08:11 PM »

On the psychological and sociological front(as opposed to the biological and environmental front) - I think that through our enforced and out of balance gender roles, people get confused and feel the only outlet for the parts of their personalities which are frowned upon by the programming they receive from social forces is through homosexual relations. Repressed emotions come out in perverted ways . . . Catholic priests are a prime example.

I agree with your analysis on the psychological and sociological front(the amount of homosexual behavior is too high to just be chalked up to an occurance in nature, but do you think, even if they were a very small #, that there is the possibility of some mental hermaphroditites? And that if the spiritual and cultural feminine repressed system we live under was replaced by a balanced one...(since in IMHO that is what is creating the out of balance gender roles, as well as everything else out of balance in this world/life/culture)...Do you think there would still be a few "naturally occuring" homosexuals...or is homosexuality purely developed socially in your opinion?

Forward to a united Africa!
Oshun_Auset

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2004, 12:31:43 PM »

I know this is just your opinion, but this same mentality HAS AND CONTINUES to be applied to anything that one does not like - -- check the caste system in India.

Good point Iyah 360,

Nazarite...I'm actually surprised that you stated this since you seem to post so many things about balance and imbalance...that belief system doesn't usually coincide with a God/Devil belief...You previousely mentioned the  "BALANCE Principles of life" and "the balance of opposites".....please explain how you reconcile these two seemingly opposing views...  

iyah360

Higher Reasoning

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2004, 01:50:34 PM »

I agree with your analysis on the psychological and sociological front(the amount of homosexual behavior is too high to just be chalked up to an occurance in nature, but do you think, even if they were a very small #, that there is the possibility of some mental hermaphroditites? And that if the spiritual and cultural feminine repressed system we live under was replaced by a balanced one...(since in IMHO that is what is creating the out of balance gender roles, as well as everything else out of balance in this world/life/culture)...Do you think there would still be a few "naturally occuring" homosexuals...or is homosexuality purely developed socially in your opinion?

I think homosexuality happens in natural circumstances,  occasionally. I have read that certain indigenous cultures have a special place for them as they are rare and have a unique perspective. Many other rare things occur in nature too which are unique.

Today though . . . Western man's abuse of the environment has imho altered it to a point where anamolies and strange manifestations are becoming weirder and more commonplace and I think there is a need and hence a push for this to become acceptable.

How many things do we have that we didn't need a few years ago that we now "can't live without"?  
Oshun_Auset

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2004, 02:20:36 PM »

I think homosexuality happens in natural circumstances,  occasionally. I have read that certain indigenous cultures have a special place for them as they are rare and have a unique perspective. Many other rare things occur in nature too which are unique.

Today though . . . Western man's abuse of the environment has imho altered it to a point where anamolies and strange manifestations are becoming weirder and more commonplace and I think there is a need and hence a push for this to become acceptable.

How many things do we have that we didn't need a few years ago that we now "can't live without"?  

I see where you are coming from now...it looks like we agree on this subject...once again of course Smiley

hailiniemperor

AfricaSpeaks.com

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2004, 08:37:00 PM »

greetings to all. the way I have come to view the use of condemnation, is that it is only mandatory in instances in which ones will is given to incursion by another ones will. it is a man or womans own business as to what decisions they make for themselves, and the way that they endeavor to manifest those decisions, whether it be for their own well-being or harm. homosexuality is naturally contradictory to progressiveness. however, if ones want to engage in this, with the knowledge of its harmfull consequences then that is their choice. cigarretes are the most harmfull drug known to man, however if one wants to sit in their own house and smoke them by themselves, with the knowledge of its harmfull effects that is their choice. but the instant that person blows any of the murderous substance in another persons face, they are bound to recieve fIre and condemnation.

now concerning these harmfull acts, it is up to those who contain knowledge about the adverse effects, to bequeath their knowledge to others. when these acts raid another persons will it is up to the courageous to stand and speak out against wrong boldly and bluntly. as in the instance of what is going on abroad concerning the iraqi prisoners. I do not believe much has to be promulgated for Iveryone to know the evil of that situation.

concerning homosexuality, I condemn the exposition of gays who wish to raise a chIld. the reason for this is because I have formerly stated that homosexuality is a contradiction to progress. only Man and Wombman can bring forth children, and thus only a Man and Wombman in unison can adequately raise a chIld to successfully obtain a progressive intellect.
Nazarite

AfricaSpeaks.co m

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2004, 12:09:12 AM »

Good point Iyah 360,

Nazarite...I'm actually surprised that you stated this since you seem to post so many things about balance and imbalance...that belief system doesn't usually coincide with a God/Devil belief...You previousely mentioned the  "BALANCE Principles of life" and "the balance of opposites".....please explain how you reconcile these two seemingly opposing views...  

to tell the Truth,i used the Reincarnation statement in the wrong time,as  i dint mean it the way that Iyah thought.as far as the Caste System,they might use that law according to skin color,so i OVERstand where i made my fault.Oshun-Auset,maybe im kind of slow right now (as i am VERY TIRED),but what belief system doesnt coincide with a God/Devil belief?are u talking about the Reincarnation belief?

Selassie I /Empress Menen-Y'shua/Mary Magdalene,Perfect Balance
Oshun_Auset

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2004, 10:43:00 AM »

to tell the Truth,i used the Reincarnation statement in the wrong time,as  i dint mean it the way that Iyah thought.as far as the Caste System,they might use that law according to skin color,so i OVERstand where i made my fault.Oshun-Auset,maybe im kind of slow right now (as i am VERY TIRED),but what belief system doesnt coincide with a God/Devil belief?are u talking about the Reincarnation belief?

A lot of traditional beleifs in Africa(and other indegenous traditions elsewhere) do not have the God/Devil concept. Some have incorporated it now because of European and Arabic spiritual colonization and syncretism with Islam and Christianity, but take for example what I practice....Ifa(the tradition of the Yoruba) .

Ifa doesn't have a devil, there is just balance and imbalance. Imbalance causes what other spiritual systems refer to as "evil"...We see what is labelled as evil or sin as the earthly manifestation of a state of spiritual imbalance (in this "modern/western/Judeo-Christian and Islamic" dominant culture it is the lack of respect for the devine feminine). The European colonialists came in and saw Eshu/Legba, one of the Orishas(angel like intermediaries) who governs the crossroads...The "medium" between the physical and spiritual world of the ancestors and Olorun(God)...Eshu/Legba's symbolic representation happens to have horns...so to the white man, this Orisha had to be the devil(they never saught to ask the symbolic meaning of the horns to the Yoruba, jsust patronizingly decided on their own, plus, the Africans had to be "devil worshippers" to justify slavery and colonialism...pretty convenient)....

Also the Kemetic traditions have Neteru(similar to Orishas)...no devil. In fact, the story of Seth and Horus(Set/Heru) fighting is symbolic for the eternal struggle of maintaining balance. The 'set'ing of the sun and it's eternal rising...The balance and unity in opposites. KMT is where the Judeo-Christian traditions developed from, but a lot of misinterpretation occured and people often now think that Set represents evil...much of this misinterpretation was done by the outsiders, or foreign conquorers of the Nile valley complex...much like the colonial misinterpretation of Eshu/Legba...Both of these traditions(and many others...Ying and Yang for example) see the God/Devil system as being out of balance because it labels the devine Masuline as God or Good...and the devine feminine as the Devil or Evil...thus giving humanity the urge to destry the feminine or remove it completey, causing imbalance. So to many other  (older)systems of spirituality, the repression of the devine femine, and the labelling of it as evil by Judeo-Christianity/Islam, makes the entire spiritual system out of balance...This is viewed by older systems as deriving from the spiritual immaturity and arrogance of these  YOUNG religions...Hence the exploitation of Mother earth(Medu Neteru), the Goddess concept is missing(no woman in the Holy trinity, or rather the perversion of the origional holy trinity of KMT)...and the other physical manifestations of this lack of balance in society. One of which we are discussing here.

Nazarite

AfricaSpeaks.co m

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2004, 01:15:19 AM »

Oshun-Auset,Perfect reasoning u just brought forth,and it makes All of the cents in the world.instead of me saying that they have Set-an ways,i rather say that they are following their Base chakras or Lower self.i would like to expand on the reasoning here,and i wil dop it tomorrow,as my flesh is weak right now.Bless Smiley

Selassie I /Empress Menen-Y'shua/Mary Magdalene,Perfect Balance
preach

Roots

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2004, 01:46:00 AM »

Doesn't an imbalance occur when there is an excess of one thing. And in the true sense of balance the opposing force creates balance. Does homosexuality create balance? With the deteriorating family structure and relationship problems and role reversals in marriage, could homosexuality bring a balance. Or is it actually causing the imbalance by presenting an escape for frustrated individuals like the formal?

love
iyah360

Higher Reasoning

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2004, 07:51:48 AM »

Doesn't an imbalance occur when there is an excess of one thing. And in the true sense of balance the opposing force creates balance. Does homosexuality create balance? With the deteriorating family structure and relationship problems and role reversals in marriage, could homosexuality bring a balance. Or is it actually causing the imbalance by presenting an escape for frustrated individuals like the formal?

I would think that it must bring a seeming balance to the peoples lives who indulge in the behavior and this is partly the reason for engaging in relationships of this sort. We accept so many placebos to offset things that are products of the weird culture we live in. For example - every other ad on T.V. is for some pharmeceutical drug to take care of symptoms of deeply rooted health problems, many of which are brought on by the drastic IMBALANCE this culture has with the natural environment.

Oshun_Auset

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2004, 09:38:56 AM »

Homosexuality isn't creating an imbalance, nor is it creating balance(since it isn't rectifying the original imbalance)...It is the Placebo(thanks Iyah) or bad fix for a state of imbalance in our society. Just like the green house effect is a sympton of an imbalance. It doesn't create balance and rectify the original imbalnce that is causing it's existance(polution), it is one of natures reactions to our out of balance actions. We need to get to the root cause of all of our imbalance in our dealings with nature, family/societal structure, ect, otherwise we will just continue to spiral out of control and destroy ourselves and our environments. (The 'root cause' IMHO is the lack of respect for the devine femanine)

preach

Roots

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2004, 11:56:24 AM »

oshun and iyah thank you for your responses. Correct me if i am wrong. In your opinion(s) homosexuality is the result of or reaction to our imbalanced culture. Pardon me if i am wrong. If so the factors leading  to homosexuality would include anything from deep psychological reasons to too much zinc in the water supply. Is it necessarily a negative. And if it is just an escape for some, doesn't escape render something positive.  Or should homosexuals seek help to find the root of their sexuality so that they can be cured. Or is the situation so deeply rooted that it occured during fertilization.

love
iyah360

Higher Reasoning

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2004, 12:11:26 PM »

you can't tell anyone what to do. everyone has the right to a choice.

we have to address the imbalance in our own lives and try to respect balance in our everyday thoughts and actions. it is through this power that things change. i am not hung up on the homosexual issue like many people are . . . i just see it as a sign of where we are as a culture.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: