Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:05:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 90 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  SCIENCE, SOCIOLOGY, RELIGION
| |-+  Relationships and Gender Issues (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Intelligent Bashing of Gays
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Intelligent Bashing of Gays  (Read 54394 times)
Oshun_Auset

« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2004, 12:35:31 PM »

you can't tell anyone what to do. everyone has the right to a choice.

we have to address the imbalance in our own lives and try to respect balance in our everyday thoughts and actions. it is through this power that things change. i am not hung up on the homosexual issue like many people are . . . i just see it as a sign of where we are as a culture.

I agree, and I would also add we need to organize ouselves in mass to change the out of balance culture/system we live in/under to minimize out of balance responses/symptoms/manifestations in individuals and societal phenomenons. Man created this culture through organization. We can change it or replace it with a balanced culture through organization. I don't label individuals or their actions as negative or possitive. That is too judgemental, too much like the God/possitive/masculine  Devil/negative/feminine philosophy that causes the imbalance in the first place. Balanced and out of balance would be more appropriate to describe my view of individual and societal group behaviors.

Because of man's imbalanced society some may be homosexual at conception...It may develop from psychological/spiritual imbalance...or any other number of reasons(as you have pointed out). Some homosexuals, depending on what is at the root cause of their behavior, may not be able to change, some may...I'm not worried about curbing individual behaviors...that is too much like a dictatorship. My concern is mainly with possibly elliminating the out of balance society. Not necessarily to irradicate homosexuality as a societal phenomenon, I'm more worried about the health and wellfair of the masses...poverty, oppression, eploitation of labout, destruction of our natural environment, ect.. ect...Those are out of balance manifestations/symptoms/responses that are at the core of why I think we need to create a balanced society, together...  

Forward to a united Africa!
Blessed

Roots

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2004, 10:58:44 AM »

I agree with poetic princess 100%.  It does not matter how you look at it.  It is animalistic behavior.  THe definiton of the word sodemy in the dictionary means to perform anal intercourse committed by a man with a man or woman. Why should we as conscious people promote this buggering.  If we allow this lifesyle to prevail. The quality of human life as we know it will be on the decline.  If this  is the way it was meant to be then we would not have both the male and female gender.  Religion health issues what ever the claim is it is on wrong it's not normal.  I feel as though gay marriage is an insult to the institution of marriage.  More fyah !!!!!  

BLessed  

The road of life is nothing but a test, the lessons you learn , you must never forget.
preach

Roots

« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2004, 01:15:04 AM »

Peace Blessed. No one ever has a real answer for this question but here it goes; Exactly how is homosexuality a threat and/or insult to marriage? If marriage between heterosexuals is so strong then how could homosexuality disturb it? Perhaps heterosexuals who take your position are afraid it may rub off on them or maybe the inner gay that they were trying to hide will rear its head. I think some must really dig deep inside and ask themselves why do they take their standpoint on this issue. Can it be compared to a racist who has no earthly intelligent rational reason to hate but for the hell of it. The fact that a person is gay does not directly affect the individuals in their vicinity.  The threat of a national takeover is not imminent and humans will continue to procreate.
In my dictionary, The Oxford, sodomy also includes oral copulation. Knowing this if you are engaging in oral sex perhaps you need to stop Blessed because it is insulting.
one.

love
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: