Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:48:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 71 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Rastafari (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Is Selassie I God?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Is Selassie I God?  (Read 120796 times)
hailiniemperor

AfricaSpeaks.com

« on: January 24, 2004, 01:33:15 AM »

Greetings bredrin and sistren. I have a simple question to propose for reasoning purposes. If you believe in the divinity of Selassie I, was He the Almighty himself, or was he a manifestation of Jah. Or was he a messenger of Jah. Do you worship Selassie I or do you worship Jah?
Kristian

AfricaSpeaks.co m

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2004, 06:25:38 AM »

Greetings and blessings in the name of the most high. I believe you will get many responses with many points of view. I myself praise sellasie I , as i know him to be from the root of David, the only one  worthy to open the book with the seven seals. When i praise sellasie I , I am praising Jesus too, as they are one in the same. As far as the father is concerned, my livity and respect of my fellow man is my praise for him. I did not always feel this way, and it was a long hard road to get here. I am very young in Rasta, and have much to learn; however, I know that a covenant was made between Jah and David that his throne should be established forever, and that his offspring shall prevail to loose the seven seals. So it brings great comfort and joy to me to know that the root of David has indeed prevailed, and that Jah is still with us. Praise His Imperial Majesty, Emporer Haille Sellasie I. Jah bless, one love.
          nbsp;                        Kristian.
hailiniemperor

AfricaSpeaks.com

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2004, 01:17:28 PM »

Yes I Kristian. Thank u for your reply. I myself praise his Majesty. I praise Jah too, but u see Selassie I is the Ideal I, he is the perfect manifistation of the LORD, so when we praise HIM we are also praising the LORD, represented in perpetual perfection at the pinnacle livity. JAH Rastafari is the one and only YES I. Now this may hurt wicked mans ears to say this. But it is written the name is dreadful and terrible to the heathen. Selah. Will not there come a day when the man that spills blood drops to his knees and begs for forgiveness and confesses his allegiance to the Most High Jah Rastafari Emperor Haile I Selassie I THE Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah, The Tribe of Africa, The Tribe of Everlasting Righteousness. Selah. Graces.
Kristian

AfricaSpeaks.co m

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2004, 09:54:43 AM »

Greetings and Blessings Hailiniemporer. Yes I, it is truly a glorious and wonderful blessing to have been revealed a portion of Jah wisdom. To have comfort and strength in knowing that the master shall return to put his house in order, and that his loyal watchmen, the rastaman, shall return to zion. Selah. JAH RASTAFARI, king of kings , lord of lords. Many Rastas have been tricked, tricked into dividing themselves over skin color, or over this belief or that belief. It is unity we need in this time, no more division among rastaman. Morelove and blessings to you rasta. One love.         Kristian
iyah360

Higher Reasoning

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2004, 10:42:28 AM »

"But it is written the name is dreadful and terrible to the heathen."

In the beginning was the word, and the word manifest itself in flesh. Realize this first --- It is the same for I and I . . . whatever I create was first present as a thought or word in I mind.

The name of the Most High is dreadful and terrible to one who is caught up in idol worship because the heathen has confused the idol for the Most High. Note this though . . . WE ALL approach the Most High with idols(words, thoughts, images - manifest or not manifest in flesh), the difference between I and I and the heathen though is KNOWING the difference, REGARDLESS of our religion.
SELAM

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2004, 09:01:35 AM »

Greetings In The Name of The Most High,

For the past few years, I have been in search of understanding the difference (if any) between JAH & His Imperial Majesty. As I studied the life & death of H.I.M. I have come to learn that He was & is worthy of praise, as well as worthy of the critism He has received from many Ethiopians & even Rastafarians. His influence & advancements towards the progress of Ethiopia is monumental & note worthy. However, in my search for the truth I cannot ignore the fact that mistakes were made by H.I.M. As pointed out by many prominent figures in African history (to include the Great Marcus Garvey), Emporer Selassie I was just that, an emporer. By no means am I degrading H.I.M. because He is worthy of many praises.

But, to specifically answer the question... I do praise H.I.M. for who He is & for His world-wide influences. But, I believe JAH is a separate entity closely affliated with H.I.M.

SELAM

Until the colour of a man's skin is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes...
nyamabla

Rastafari

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2004, 03:57:52 PM »

I myself praise sellasie I , as i know him to be from the root of David, the only one  worthy to open the book with the seven seals. When i praise sellasie I , I am praising Jesus too, as they are one in the same                                    Kristian.

raspek

so when ones are praising jesus are they praising H.I.M ?

if so wouldnt this make all christians ras tafari?

and if joseph isnt jesus father how is jesus from the lineage of solomon?

blessed
ras tafari
Nazarite

AfricaSpeaks.co m

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2004, 07:03:26 PM »

we are ALL gods and godessess if we open the SEVEN seals,for verily verily i say unto u,whoever opens the SEVEN energy centers(Chakras) in the body,has opened the seven seals.i have seen Holy Mount Zion (after one has felt the cool breeze of the Mother on the top of InI head,descending like a dove)coming with all her glory!this is NOT fulfilled by any one man,as i do hail H.I.M as a Anscestor in this physical realm who DID make mistakes,for even YSH and his consort Magdalene  made mistakes in this physical realm (thats how we get STRONGER,from REAL-EYEZING faults).God is in InI,DO NOT,i repeat,DO NOT SEPERATE U-SELF from the Alpha and Omega,for they would get all the praise,and u on the other hand will end up with the same earthly clothes,instead of the white robe!Hotep

Selassie I /Empress Menen-Y'shua/Mary Magdalene,Perfect Balance
sisMenenI

physical distance cannot be a barrier to love.

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2004, 12:43:34 AM »

"DO NOT SEPERATE U-SELF from the Alpha and Omega"

Truuue... what many have a difficult time overstanding is how Sellassie I can be called JAH. This realeyezation of JAH dwelling within is the key to comprehending the Most High. Without this realeyezation, to worship His Imperial Majesty is to be committing idolatry. It is fully surrendering to His Majesty's glory that is spoken of through Yahushuah in the Bible and the essene gospels, and through His Majesty's speeches, that one comes to know thyself. Haile Sellassie I has come now as Christ in His Kingly character, as InI must now all come to realeyez ourselves as Kings and Queens.

This concept of Jah dwelling in man is something that is either felt or not felt. If felt, the love of His Majesty is a much easier reality to swollow. Most importantly, love is JAH... love thyself and love others as thyself... all will come after.

Blessed Love
RasTafarI

Spirituality is not theology or ideology. It is a simple way of life, pure and original as was given by the most high. Spirituality is a network linking us to the most high, the universe and eachother
out_of_Zion

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2004, 07:13:44 AM »

Correct the I if I am wrong, but aren't we all supposed to manifest JAH?  So then, what makes Haile Selassie I elevated above any other dedicated follower of JAH way?

Personally, I view Selassie I as a great man, but just that a man.  I also view Jesus the same way, a great man, a son of Jah...But I don't worship Jesus either...

"Then Jesus said to him:  Go away, Satan!  For it is written, 'It is Jehovah your God you must worship and to him alone you must render sacred service.'" -Matthew 4:10

Therefore, become imitators of JAH, as beloved children - Ephesians 5:1
iyah360

Higher Reasoning

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2004, 07:58:05 AM »

This realeyezation of JAH dwelling within is the key to comprehending the Most High. Without this realeyezation, to worship His Imperial Majesty is to be committing idolatry.

YES.

It is fully surrendering to His Majesty's glory that is spoken of through Yahushuah in the Bible and the essene gospels, and through His Majesty's speeches, that one comes to know thyself.

I would say coming to know thyself is approaching full OVERSTANDING of ones own strengths and weaknesses, working to become more righteous, character development and fully manifesting the I's ablilty to be a CREATOR of Right on the earth even if it is in the small realm that is I and I personal lives. Knowing thyself cannot be found in a book, it cannot be found in a speech - one can gain knowledge from the words of another, but WISDOM is an internal process that one must come to within ONESELF. It is at this juncture that I and I "realeyez ourselves as Kings and Queens." and know that the words  "Haile Sellassie I has come now as Christ in His Kingly character" is speaking of the MOST HIGH WITHIN OURSELVES as we have DEVELOPED the KINGLY/QUEENLY character. It is at this time that I and I walk with H.I.M. because Christ in His Kingly Character has manifested within ourselves.

Guidance.

iyah360

Higher Reasoning

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2004, 08:00:12 AM »

Correct the I if I am wrong, but aren't we all supposed to manifest JAH?  So then, what makes Haile Selassie I elevated above any other dedicated follower of JAH way?

Personally, I view Selassie I as a great man, but just that a man.  I also view Jesus the same way, a great man, a son of Jah...But I don't worship Jesus either...

"Then Jesus said to him:  Go away, Satan!  For it is written, 'It is Jehovah your God you must worship and to him alone you must render sacred service.'" -Matthew 4:10

I agree with you in that it is the TRUTH we "worship", not the symbol of the truth. And it is necessary to KNOW the difference.
out_of_Zion

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2004, 08:59:34 AM »

Glad you overstood my point...JAH is a spirit (1 Jn 4:8) - we can't see, touch, or feel him, but only worship him in a way that we are capable of internalizing within our own mind, spirit and heart.

Therefore, become imitators of JAH, as beloved children - Ephesians 5:1
Nazarite

AfricaSpeaks.co m

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2004, 10:37:23 AM »

[shadow=red,left,300]Knowing thyself cannot be found in a book, it cannot be found in a speech - one can gain knowledge from the words of another, but WISDOM is an internal process that one must come to within ONESELF. [/shadow]

True,there is a saying that Knowledge without Experience is JUST Information.

[shadow=red,left,300]It is at this juncture that I and I "realeyez ourselves as Kings and Queens." and know that the words  "Haile Sellassie I has come now as Christ in His Kingly character" is speaking of the MOST HIGH WITHIN OURSELVES as we have DEVELOPED the KINGLY/QUEENLY character[/shadow].

just like our Royal rulers in the land of Kemet & Nubia,the Pharoahs wer Earthly representations of Heru,the King of the Pharoahs,they were sons of the SUN.we must learn to rule I-Selves in Righteousness like InI ansestors when alone or around others.

Nazarite

AfricaSpeaks.co m

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2004, 10:50:42 AM »

[shadow=red,left,300]Glad you overstood my point...JAH is a spirit (1 Jn 4:Cool - we can't see, touch, or feel him[/shadow]

:oWOW Out Of Zion,u cant see u God...well i see the Creative spirits in Nature with matter for clothing. :ou cant touch ur God?i Know u would say Jah is spirit and we are flesh,but if so.just become the spirit while in flesh,its possible.as far as the feeling part,the one who u Think created u must be out of his mind for creating u,yet seperating himself from u from fear of "God" likeness,lol Cheesy.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: