Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:56:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 71 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  ENTERTAINMENT/ ARTS/ LITERATURE
| |-+  Books & Reviews (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Breaking The Psychological Chains of slavery
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Breaking The Psychological Chains of slavery  (Read 54571 times)
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« on: July 16, 2003, 12:26:02 AM »

I've been reading Na'im Akbar's Breaking The Psychological Chains of slavery. In this book, not only does Akbar assert that blue-eyed blonde representations of GOD, J.E.S.U.S and other Religious figures are erroneous,
But that they are harmful to the psychological development of Black, and other nonwhite people.
He goes on to state that if the Superior Being is represented as Caucasian, then that leads Blacks to aspire to be like the superior being. Blacks can never attain this (not even Michael Jackson) and thus sets up a perpetual cycle of Religion imposed inferiority.
He also states that any representation of GOD as having human features does a disservice to mankind since GOD is limitless and does not need to be cloaked in white flesh to be acceptable.

As a result we should demand that all representations of Religious figures (as Caucasians) be banned for the mental health of our people!

Kelani-

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
ROOTSWOMAN

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2003, 01:06:50 PM »

YEs sistah!  EXCELLENT BOOK!

ROOTS

SANKOFA!
Kebo

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2003, 01:57:37 PM »

This post makes me wonder what All Black religious figures would do to the white psychology.

Doesn't history show that there have been enlightened individuals and spiritual masters of all races; prophets, priests and leaders?

Jah and Life is a mystery, can it be broken down to black or white?

One thing that's for sure is that all pyschological chains must be broken.

"The Conquering Lion is gonna break every chain" - Lauryn Hill

Kebo

African justice - white redemption
Ayinde
Ayinde

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2003, 03:12:18 PM »

Doesn't history show that there have been enlightened individuals and spiritual masters of all races; prophets, priests and leaders?

That depends on how you measure Enlightened.
Sis_I-chelle

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2003, 06:05:06 PM »

This is a very good book. I just finished it this morning. It is very enlightening. The book is short and to the point.
Kebo

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2003, 09:49:00 PM »

Are you suggesting Ayinde that Jah never gave the spiritual power to anyone outside of Africa?

If there aren't any white figures throughout history worthy of giving guidance to humanity than people shouldn't look to any.

But if Jah did give whites The POWER through history then jah intended for those figures to be guides to the ONE.

I just don't get this philosophy and banning all figures who are white. Haile Sellassie is the man with the power and so InI white people look to Haile Sellassie I for guidance.

The question comes down to whether or not Jah blessed any whites through the ages to act as spiritual guides to the kingdom. Research would be the determining force.

Perhaps the CReator didn't give the POWeR to any whites, but if He did, then strictly banning all white spiritual figures from the black masses may be going against Jah own appointments.

Na'im Akbar's reasoning is interesting, but it appears to me like a racial trap to get the racially-obessessed tripped up on.

The masses are smarter than to treat 'em like little kids.

Kebo

Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2003, 01:32:11 AM »

You really show you bias claiming Dr. Na'im Akbar's theory is a Racial trap. Dr. Nai'm Akbar is just stating that Blacks must control the governmental & EDUCATIONAL process that control our lives; that after 400 years of oppression and slavery, and beatings, and murders, and drugging, and sexual abuse, and MISEDUCATION, at the hands of whites and Arabs, we have A GOD GIVEN RIGHT to deny our Masters Authority and allegiance to CONTROL our lives. HOW does this make his statements and theory a RACIAL trap or even a Racist one? I don't think so! Examine your own people KEBO..

Considering the horror that is so clearly documented in HISTORY as to the colossal greed and slaughter of Caucasians in this world, I'm kind of curious as to HOW white priests, leaders or so-called prophets were BENEVOLENT in Human History. Europeans Priests and Leaders having guns and looking to conquer others doesn't seem so "holy" to me. AFRIKANS worldwide have been treated as cattle, not even treated as well as the Master's dog, but according to YOU, from you Euro-centric frame of reference, we should be grateful for some white priests and leaders who for the most part were unwilling to give up their Masters status and maintained the MENTAL SLAVERY of our People.

You come on here stating that you are a white RACIST looking for UNDERSTANDING then your Euro-centrism IGNORANCE and ARROGANCE start coming out.. You are so  PREDICTABLE it's amazing!

Bantu-Kelani.

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
Kebo

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2003, 07:58:58 AM »

Kelani wrote:
"You come on here stating that you are a white RACIST looking for UNDERSTANDING then your Euro-centrism IGNORANCE and ARROGANCE start coming out.."

You don't see the link between the two Kelani, being a racist and being ignorant/arrogant?
I confessed to having racism in the pysche so that if arrogance or ignorance comes forth, it won't be denied as racism.
Only through coming forth straightforward, without holding back, can this man have the hope of seeing any ignorant/arrogant/racist content of what is spoken in the light of the rasta fire.  
Upon confessing of racism in my psyche I didn't concurrently confess to overstand all, but admitted I had MUCH to LEARN, and was appealing to rasta minds for fire.
And so, this fire which you blasted does not burn.

Kelani also wrote:
"according to YOU, from you Euro-centric frame of reference, we should be grateful for some white priests and leaders who for the most part were unwilling to give up their Masters status and maintained the MENTAL SLAVERY of our People."

You clearly show that you didn't take the time to read my reasoning. Maybe its because you think I'm ignorant and have nothing intelligent to say. Whatever the reason, you're not obligated to reason genuinely with me.  

Kebo

Ayinde
Ayinde

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2003, 08:42:22 AM »

To some Americans Bush is enlightened.  Cry
To some Germans Hitler was enlightened.  Embarrassed
To some people Plato and Socrates were enlightened  Lips Sealed

All of this depends on the yardstick people use to measure Enlightenment.

I know many books written by Europeans, Chinese and other people that are worth reading but if you ask I (Ayinde) if I found any of them really enlightened then my answer is NO.
Kebo

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2003, 08:58:35 AM »

Being Englightened as far as a verbal measurement goes, for this man, is ONE who knows themself and who represents God.
God, being the truth, the nature, the reality, the spirit. The Ancient Almighty. Being enlightened is being iN TUNE with th Ancient CReator and HIM work.

Its interesting that Iman never found any individuals worthy of praise outside Africa, ain't refuting it. Research and education, and using your own mind is the judge.

Without having done in-depth research, non-African names jump out who have been reputed to be enlightened through history, Siddartha Gotama, The Dalai Lama, Paul the Apostle.
There have got to be other historical individuals in this vein.
What about guys like these?

For the record, the possibility is on the reasoning table that Jah never did give the POwer to any non-Africans througout history.
Kebo

Kebo

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2003, 09:04:57 AM »

PS  Pity the poor fool who believes George Bush is enlightened

Education!

Ayinde
Ayinde

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2003, 10:06:24 AM »

Siddartha Gotama, The Dalai Lama, Paul the Apostle may be considered enlightened to others.  To I, they were not enlightened. They may have found much truths but they did not reveal anything to I that I did not already know. They did not reveal anything that could not be found in a better context within African values and development processes.
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2003, 11:44:34 AM »

Posted by: Kebo
You clearly show that you didn't take the time to read my reasoning. Maybe its because you think I'm ignorant and have nothing intelligent to say. Whatever the reason, you're not obligated to reason genuinely with me.    

INDEED I'm not obligated to reason with you!
Your Caucasian mind fail to really study your people. You confessed yourself you are RACIST. White supremacy do not recognize TRUTH. How can I reason with Ignorance, Arrogance and DELUSION?! It is not a COINCIDENCE You too do not even recognize the Truth.  I do not hold any allusions about whites like you willing to help us or understand us. You may play off  credulous but not this Sister here!

Bantu-Kelani.

Kebo

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2003, 12:17:45 PM »

Bantu Kelani

You know as well as I, that you have no faith in white people.

Kebo

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2003, 12:40:42 PM »

If what you have found is true, Ayinde, then Africans have no business worshipping caucasian figures.

I myself truly dig Paul the Apostle, and how he states that the MYSTERY has been hidden since the foundation of the earth.
In other words, Jah has his own plan for the people, and Jah's been revealing the plan through history.

Its intriguing that you dont feel like you can learn anything from the Buddha. However, I wouldn't doubt that all the wisdom necessary for African enlightenment can be found in Africa.

As a white student of racial diplomacy, I appreciate all Africans who are ready to reason with the whites, in the name of future peace and equality between all races, if racial peace and equality is part of Jah plan.

Rastafari knows the way forward.

Kebo

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: