Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:25:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 71 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  ENTERTAINMENT/ ARTS/ LITERATURE
| |-+  Books & Reviews (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Breaking The Psychological Chains of slavery
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Breaking The Psychological Chains of slavery  (Read 54572 times)
Ayinde
Ayinde

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2003, 03:00:01 PM »

Its intriguing that you dont feel like you can learn anything from the Buddha.

This is your distortion. I never said this.

However, I wouldn't doubt that all the wisdom necessary for African enlightenment can be found in Africa.

This is also your distortion.

I will go further and add that the basic essential truths that can lead to real enlightenment can be best found in indigenous African cultural values where they originated. Most of what I explain originated there and is relevant to all people.

Remember that humans spent the most time in Africa before all these different races evolved. You do not have a clue of the quantity of knowledge that was discerned back then and passed down through the generations. These stories became distorted with people as they evolved differently.

As a white student of racial diplomacy

Is this a new label for some European rainbow gathering?

I appreciate all Africans who are ready to reason with the whites, in the name of future peace and equality between all races, if racial peace and equality is part of Jah plan.

Is this your new divide and rule game where you only appreciate the Africans who are ready to reason with whites? You can appreciate as much as you want, but no one is obligated to reason with you as true development does not demand or necessitate this.

There is no equality between the races and no one should want to be equal to the people they feel/know contribute to and benefit from their oppression.

I choose to be equal to myself.
Kebo

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2003, 10:22:00 PM »

Giving thanks to Ayinde and Kelani

It's been a long day

Kebo

African justice - white redemption
Kebo

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2003, 02:13:06 AM »

Something just occured to me
This is stone cold harsh reality we're living in
and the Africans on the board been revealing that the world is under a white supremacy rule, and that revelation is easy enough to see with the eye
true africans speak only the truth based on reality

and let me get to to the basis of this reasoning which was started by sister Kelani about breaking the Pyschological chains of slavery and Na'im Akbar's book

Africans on this board also talk about Black supremacy, and this concept wasn't really making sense to me, until I started really thinking about the present harsh conditions of the world, and the fact that its got to be a direct cause of who's in charge
I know I suffer everyday, and the less I run from it the more I can see the harsh reality stone cold in my face for what it is, and then there's millions of people out here in the world suffering, suffering from injustice, which seems to be increasing and getting more pervasive under capitalism and any other systems that are underway and being used by the people in supremacy, who are white
And then in the face of this endless series of harshness comes the hope man, and the hope is what this forum is all about as far as I'm concerned, rastafari, Africa, Africa is the hope of the world
If Africa had the power I can believe that the state of the world would not be like this, this style of world order would not be the way of African power, I can believe that if Africa had the supremacy the world would be under a righteous rule, earnestly working to heal the ills of the globe, and then re-building, developing, bringing on the creation
Give thanks to God for the hope in Africa
And what's stopping Africa from becoming the world power?
If its white supremacy stopping a righteous rule that I believe in, then what business would I have anymore being an asshole when Africans make good suggestions as to ways of empowering Africans and Africa?
Sister Kelani made a good, intelligent educated suggestion to Africans with this reasoning, suggesting another way forward to the development of Africa, which as far as I am beginning to see would in turn be for the benefit of the world
And given this increasing oppresive injustice thats happening, and painful conditions, stepping in the way of these kinds of positive suggestions really doesn't make any sense. A united Africa and black supremacy on the other hand are beginning to make alot more sense.

Kebo

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2003, 04:26:06 PM »

See Ayinde, if you hadn't replied
and shared your time, effort and vision
I would still be stuck with that ignorance that you shed your light on
And thats why I'm appealing for guidance
Cuz I don't want this ignorance, I want to see
Not just for my own edification, but so I can in turn be of real service to Jah people, and to overall development

You assisted this man see, what this man didn't was seeing.
And so did Kelani just by giving it out straight

Keepin' humble
Kebo

Ayinde
Ayinde

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2003, 01:47:35 AM »

Kebo,

When people continually put themselves in positions to be humiliated it is because they are not really humble. Humility is really putting yourself in the right place/position to learn.

Here is a place to start:

I think a while back you said you bought some books. I usually find myself having to tell people to buy good books and to read them. How about after reading the books you bought you write reviews on them.  This is a good way to start contributing.
Kebo

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2003, 09:25:15 AM »

Ayinde

Even though I speak out and do my best to say what I feel, I still feel ready to listen and learn.

Are you suggesting that everything I say on this board is ignorant and humiliating?

I really don't know what to say, Ayinde, I'm still a guest on this rasta board and I don't want to take away from solid reasoning and progress. At the same time I feel that one of the best ways for students to learn is by participating. I'm still open to get to what you're telling me, I don't fully get it yet.

Kebo

Ayinde
Ayinde

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2003, 09:28:33 AM »

I think a while back you said you bought some books. I usually find myself having to tell people to buy good books and to read them. How about after reading the books you bought you write reviews on them.  This is a good way to start contributing.
Princess Tracey

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2003, 10:01:34 AM »

To He that hath ears...let him listen..... learn and grow......."Silence is sometimes Golden"..

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: