Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:38:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 75 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  ENTERTAINMENT/ ARTS/ LITERATURE
| |-+  Books & Reviews (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Dr. Jawanza Kunjufu
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dr. Jawanza Kunjufu  (Read 16551 times)
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« on: July 17, 2003, 04:10:38 AM »

JAWANZA KUNJUFU is an educational consultant with AfriKan-American Images. He is constantly on the lecture circuit with over thirty different workshops, addressing students, parents, teachers, and community residents, in pre-schools elementary schools, high-schools, colleges and churches.

He is also the author of Countering the Conspiracy to Destroy Black Boys, Motivating Black Youth to Work, Children Are the Reward of Life, Lessons from History, A Celebration in Blackness, Elementary & High School, and To be Popular or Smart: The Black Peer Group. Here are some of the dynamic topics that Dr. Kunjufu's addresses during his inspiring LECTURES: Black male-female relationship solutions, Critical concerns in the area of raising our children, particularly the black male child, An economic solution for the black community, and spiritual motivation.

Dr Kunjufu has dedicated himself to the uplifting of our community and has personally written over 20 books dealing with these critical issues. Jawanza kunjufu new release Black Students. Middle-Class Teachers.
The book explores the probable causes for this disparity. They include low teacher expectations, inadequate time on task, a mismatch between teaching and learning styles, tracking, an irrelevant Eurocentric curriculum, negative peer pressure, poor parental involvement, parental income and marital status, school funding, and genetics. Dr. Kunjufu analyzes the above and provides a wealth of references.

I've read the following books of Dr Kunjufu the conspiracy to destroy Black boys, I own them all and every parent should own this series of books!

Bantu-Kelani.

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
Rootsie

Rootsie.com

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2003, 07:19:07 AM »

Yes. I read his Critical Issues in Educating African American Youth and it helped me to look with new eyes at what I saw in school every day, most of all white middle-class assumptions about how black children are supposed to be.

Other excellent books are Lisa Delpit's Other People's Children
bell hooks Teaching to Transgress and
Paolo Freire's classic Pedagogy of the Oppressed which makes the crucial point that it is not enough to help people understand the nature of their oppression. This is just the first step. True empowerment comes only when one acts to address and break the oppression. This is the proper order of things.
ROOTSWOMAN

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2003, 08:19:46 AM »

MUCH RESPECT UNTO BROTHA/TEACHER KUNJUNFU!

His books are CRUCIAL!

ROOTS

SANKOFA!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: