Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:30:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 71 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Rastafari (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Why?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Why?  (Read 15326 times)
naturalmystic

Roots

« on: September 17, 2004, 11:52:07 AM »

jah guide!

i-man is a white man and I wondered why so much rasta say that whites can´t be rastafarians!
i respect all righteous people  if they are black, white ...

but what i wanna know,
can I have raspect from black rastafarians or do they think that I´m a slave holder too?`

for me it´s a important question!
i excuse me for my really bad english

Give thanks and praises.

None a jah jah children no cry
preach

Roots

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2004, 10:35:51 PM »

I have really thought about this and my theoy for now is that it must really hurt to be sincere about rastafari and to not be taken seriously by those whom you hold in high esteem. I personally wish that our hearts would do more justice if they were on the outside of our bodies. The bitter truth is beloved it is so hard for ones to trust each other let alone a confirmed outsider. Perhaps you shouldn't even focus on the color thing and let ones get to know you.
seen

love
naturalmystic

Roots

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2004, 04:24:32 AM »

jah guide!

thanks for ya answer!

but are there any other rastafarians who want do write their thoughts?

NB

Roots

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2004, 01:22:08 PM »

Preach put it very well, just let others get to know you.  We live in a world where people are very reluctant to trust eachother.  If you are pure in heart, if you love H.I.M., you are rasta, white and black aside I've met Rastafarians throughout most countries in Asia.  That doesn't even matter, we all are rooted in Ethiopia, that is the inception of human consciousness. If you can accept yourself others will see that and accept you for it.  Selam, NB
Poetic_Princess

I am nothing with out my soul

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2004, 07:35:54 PM »

Blessings and Hotep first of all,

This issue has been arising time and time again on this board, but honestly Preach and NB have put it pretty well ya know.
Truth of it all is to love yourself for you and you will see sooner or later others will see you for you and not the colour of your skin.And really you shouldn't stress it so much justt let all things flow and you'll see greatness at the end Smiley

I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become reality.
naturalmystic

Roots

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2004, 09:35:36 AM »

jah guide!

thanks for the answers!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: