Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:36:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 71 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Rastafari (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  RASTAFARI IS SUPPOSED TO BE PRO BLACK...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: RASTAFARI IS SUPPOSED TO BE PRO BLACK...  (Read 25665 times)
BEATNIK

Roots

« on: October 05, 2004, 06:39:17 PM »

BUT NOT ANTI WHITE, THAT'S UNDERSTANDABLE, BUT WHY ARE THERE SO MANY RASTAS WITH WHITE WOMEN...I SEE IT EVERYWHERE, AND NO I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT THE RENT-A-DREADS IN NEGRIL AND MOBAY, I'M SPEAKING OF THE ALPHA DREADS THAT SEEM TO HAVE THAT "ZEMA" ON THEIR ARMS...(NO OFFENSE GIRL I LOVE YOU) BUT WHY IS THIS? Huh
Blessed

Roots

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2004, 12:08:30 PM »

In order to the bridge the racial divide at some time don't you think that we as a people have to stop looking at color?  Not saying that I don't agree with you.  

The road of life is nothing but a test, the lessons you learn , you must never forget.
SIXTHBORN

Roots

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2004, 06:25:58 PM »

now i know i might be new at this and might not even be qualified yet to speak of the Creator or defend H.I.M but it hurts me everyday what i see happening to something so pure and so treu - Ras Tafari livity, my heritage and infact all of HUMANITY!
One of the biggest criticisms Ras Tafari is facing from way back to this day is that is "a racist movement that propagates racial discrimination" as they say "Zionism is racism." an all know that is not true.  now to say that we are about blackness is to agree with that statemant or curse of our Black heritage; i say black because we were the first and the teachers of this doctrene or livity and that the father HIM SELF in reality and physics is a black man, the actual reason we are invoved in this strugg;e for identity.
now, fact, we are the dark for or thru which the light must come - meaning in essence we are not of colour as the scripture bears witness in genesis 1 when it sais: "He first made them man and woman..." before He placed them on land and again when the best love song and play adds to this statement when it said: "i was blackened but not by the son" meaning by our sins as the proverbs reveal, meaning we are all of the same make and form, our physical features are mere pigmentation alteration through the great wisdom and inguinity of JAH - to serve His purpose and prove His ultimate point: that we are all His children.  so that means colour plays no role in the call of my father, coz it even sais and cleary calls to all in the vow you take when u chose come into his service and become one of His sheep.  colour only comes in in the actual practice of the order of the father, when carrying out His duties, for he sais "through Juda His sceptere will rest and the Kingship will be" hense Fathe Jacob's pigmentation.  so once in the house of the father, we know that black people hold the Highest position in creation and all elsewhere as also thier science theory proves that black obsorbs all light meaning every colour comes out of black so it is with poeple; we are, Black people, the mothers and fathers of humanity, as the scripture also testifies: "first there was night then came day".  so u see mai bread-dread, we are all the same in spirit and in truth, hense essau and jacob.  that is where the physical war was feuled coz it started way b4 that, way b4 even cane and abel coz their pigmentation and physical make up were also not the same.  and we know the inspiration of the british "kingdom", i write it in small letters coz they even them selves know it is no kingdom at all but an institution build up and not acquired coz monachy rules are passed on and voted on or decided on (one of the criteria we use in determining God's true and real identity), was inspired by "jealoucy" coz the "queen" was jealouse of the kingdom of Israel or David that she created and her own of totaly opposite principles and manner.  hense this mess in addintion to our owm disobedience and disloyalty that was sparked by the devil in heaven remember?
so inter-racial relationships weren't a problem back then coz we know even papa Jacob had those concubines of different clans and hense pigmentation, even the father of Ishmael whose twelve tribes makeup the other 12 elders in the the Throne of JAH.  it was infact inter-tribal relationships that were forbiden and not race for order sake and not for racial discrimination coz race gave us our status and rank in the order of the Most High and kept order in His house as the psalms testify "... built in order and harmony" that is the onlyreason race or colour is nb in creation, that is here on earth.
to conclude i will refer u to what happened to our brother in our brother or sister or branch way of livity (way of carrying out the Father's instruction and pleasing HIM - not the fullest i must add) - malcom x when he went to meca: he found the opposite of what he was tought and grew to take and believe as absulute truth and the reason for and of his cause, and what did that do to him and his way of life?  so don't fall in that same trap as Capleton warns in one of his songs - "dont be part of that racial crew...." so i beg u search the ways of the father in your heart and the "living word" the bible and not anywhere else coz even the H.I.M Haile Sellassie said to read the bible from genesis to rev. though some things are hidden or there's some discouraging facts about the bible the truth is still "transcendent" it will never be hidden, that is why He called it "the living word" coz He not only breathed into it as he formed us but that it is "realy and trully alive": it reveals it self to those who are alive in the life of RASTA(rightiousness, hense black conciousness: the awakening of the the third being in us: the child of spirit and body; the power of the trinity - SELLASIE I THE FIRST, get it now?)  we can go on 4 decades on this coz this live - the only way to GOD(some have a problem about this word but i just wish they learnt the teachings of the Father HIM Ras Tafari coz he uses it too, anyways, the creator, whatever u call HIM) His Kingdom which is Himself coz He clearly said he is the way the truth and the light meaning also the Church thats why we call it Kingman, is based and founded in holiness(that is Wholiness: a state of competion, fulfilment, manefestion and many rituals and deeds u perform) so we also should back up the word, our faith that we love, trust, hope and believe in with completion: complete statements.  even though i havent finished proving this point, i hope u fully get it coz it is the principle that matters and not the words uttered or in this case, emages splettered of this page.  and we are to pread "HIS DOCTINES AND TEACHINGS - HIS WORD" and not our own understanding, perceptions and/or opinions, that is why there is so much confusion and no inity inna me fathas house.  speading the word is our only way to salvation coz it gives ruites of excaping these times and any evil coz they will not be fitghting u for what u interpreted but what u recited from the bible!  so PEEEEEEEEEEEEEACESSSSSSSSSSSS MA FATHA'S CHILD!
House_of_Ra-sta

Roots

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2004, 03:14:09 PM »

i think when one looks at the way Nature is,ones would OVERstand that when one has a baby out of their race(white/black),the child is DILUTED.,just like taking out the ORIGINALITY of Brown Sugar,and Turning it white.i like to see white parents having white kids,Black parents having Black kids,SOME troubles in the world today result from INTER-marriage,then the child is CON-fused.the RA-stas that choose white wombman KNOW their reason for this,BUT,ithink they should KNOW the CON-sequences of it before they indulge in it.

Enter into this House,sons and dawtas of Ra-sta
your works will be weighed and then InI will go
to Higher Heights!
Micah-EL-Layl

AfricaSpeaks.co m

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2004, 01:48:34 AM »

peace...
the white race will be exstinct in a minute.....i have no problem with race mixing because this will only speed up this exstinction and i have no problem with that......in fact i believe that it is child abuse for two white people to have a baby because the pendulum has already shifted and white people are becoming more universally known as devils who cannot be reformed......why would you want to put a child through this......it would be better to have a multi racial child then to have a white child.......the world will eventually become very very anti white and i feel sorry for anyone who is born white in the next century.....
House_of_Ra-sta

Roots

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2004, 04:15:00 PM »

Blessed .

Micah said "the white race will be exstinct in a minute.....i have no problem with race mixing because this will only speed up this exstinction and i have no problem with that......in fact i believe that it is child abuse for two white people to have a baby because the pendulum has already shifted and white people are becoming more universally known as devils who cannot be reformed......why would you want to put a child through this......it would be better to have a multi racial child then to have a white child.......the world will eventually become very very anti white and i feel sorry for anyone who is born white in the next century.....

i OVERstand where u are coming from,BUT,in THIS DAY and age,this solution will give BIRTH to CON-fuse-ion.who is to say that when a white mixes with a Black that the child will be happy of their Black Heritage?no matter if ones are mixed,ITS THE MIN-SET THAT COUNTS.

to Higher Heights!
SIXTHBORN

Roots

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2004, 02:08:24 AM »

Hey there bread-dread and sis-dreads, I feel like I have to further explain or clearify myself in this topic: if u would b awear, this q’n has 2 parts in it; 1. “I thought rasta was about pro black” and 2. “inter-racial coupling” and I answered it in such;
1.      “no, rasta is not about being pro-black or pro-any race coz it is about one love, one aim and one destiny – meaning that we are all one as the scripture testifies in genesis one when it sairs “they were first made man and woman” and “he created man” as he gave dominion to man as all man is equal in JAH’s eyes, and as we progress as numbers 6 makes a calling to the israelits, “those” as we know that both Jacob and Essau come from the same black womb, and so on.  There4 rasta’s calling is to as we all know but on the 2nd q’n
2.      interracial marages are not aloud not for race purposes or reasons but for “order” sake meaning we all are created by the same man so we are in essence one nation but the question is: “what is that 1st race or pigmentation as there were races or colours in the beginning?”  that is where we come and use the scripture and say “1st there was darkness and he said let there be light….” And as he said: “we, meaning us black people, are the darkness from and through which the light must come” clearely revealing the original pigmentation of huamanity.  But as we progressed and carried out His instruction to multiply and inhabit the earth we also drew further and further from the source – JAH HIM-self – we created our own beliefs and followed our own “heart’s desires” as the scripture reveals and we further drifted from the truth as vain-pride, confidence, knowledge and self-woth coarsed jeloucy and envey – hense the creation of the “LAW” through moses.  Its not that we did not have a law that guided and maintained our levity but we did as the scripture reveals through our fore-father when he wanted to secrifies his son issac as his rightiousness was give through “faith” as we were physically living with JAH then b4 we drifted away from HIM. So as we progressed to the twelve tribes of Israel, after the forced inter-racial mixing by the devil when he raped the first human beings he found on earth after he was expelled and cut down from the grace of heaven – zion, a place on earth – and so he clearified that JAH’s anointed will come from the tribe of juda, revealing that there was a mixture of races in the tribes as it is so coz we know that Jacob did not only furtilize one or two or three wombs but four of which a mixture of pigmentations was created.  There4 proving that race is not an issue but position is – as essau and Jacob reveal and as issac and Ishmael also testify and as well as cane and able – they were all 2 brothers of the same father who fought over position in and control over their father’s Kingman as we know who in essence our Fathers were and represented – coz we know who Jacob is in fact and essence.  So this whole war or racial battle, which is in essence a battle between “good and evil”, is a sibling rivilry sparked by jeousy as the scripture revealed of the reason behind the “kingdom” of that woman who was jelouse of Israel’s kingdom. And as the father finaly clearifies when we he said: “we are not here to fight flesh and blood ….” So u  see, that is why race is important coz it leads to q’ns as “is God, JAH BLACK OR WHITE?” once we understood and then understood the basic reason we are battling for then we will boldly answer such q’ns coz even the scripture clearifies by asking a rhetorical q’n when it said – “how can GOD be BLACK” meaning not that HE was not in essence black but of no colour but bright as light and as it was explained clearly in songs of songs when it said “we were blackened but not by the sun or son but by our sins” as we recall we are the “darkness from which the light must come out” or simply put “the light that must come out of the dark”  u see, race is not a factor in essence but in keeping order and harmony amongst all creation.  As soon as whites accept that they are second to blacks and the sooner we blacks realize we need not fight and striff about power and position in humanity and just live as it was in the bigining, the quicker we will realize and live in such a state as humanity.
I hope we all get that clearly and loudly
PEEEEEACE!!!
Durga-Menen

Roots

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2004, 04:50:04 PM »

Greetings in the name of I God and King, Haile Selassie I the 1st............ I am new to this reasoning forum, yet surely not to this topic! Let I introduce I self first, I am of Armenian decent ( we are the people of Noah, from the Ararat valley ) and I woman have been Ras Tafari from before I birth, I have come to know I self as such for the last 12 years and for I-ver more! This is not the first time I woman trod this creation and I know it won't be the last. I-n-I know the whole of JAH creation sprung forth from Africa......sistren and bredren, white, black, red, yellow, whatever Mamma Africa is the womb of I-ration...... black is the color of all color.  Believe I Rasta family I don't down-play the abuse, pain, oppression that I-n-I people have been through, yet we must I-nite to overcome the Devils devide and conquere plan.  No one can tell I, that I can't know who JAH is cause I woman is not of black skin.  Why do Rastamen prefer white women? I don't have an answer to that..... I teach I youth to not see color, cause their Father Selassie I doesn't check for color, as from H.I.M. own words............ May the fullness of ONE LOVE penetrate all I-n-I hearts and minds.......Blessed love!
House_of_Ra-sta

Roots

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2004, 07:21:18 PM »

i don not reallygo to the bible for clarification on UNIversal/Reality issues,for NATURE is here for that.but,i will say 1 thing,KING DAVID said when he saw God on the throne,the "Incient of Days" was BLACK.thats ACCORDING to the bible.THE ONLY WAY Rasta will stop seeing color is when InI eyes pop out,and until MR.EUROPE PAY MR AFRIKA IVERYTHING HE DESERVES,UNTIL THEN-WARRRRR!

to Higher Heights!
Durga-Menen

Roots

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2004, 05:24:01 PM »

Greetings Ras Tafari family,   Okay JAH never say till the Europeans don't pay the Afrikans there is war, don't take the words out of context, thats where the confusions at, H.I.M. say till the color of a mans skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes then everywhere is war. Without appologie,  I can no longer contain I fire!! FIYAH pon all wickedness causing division within JAH house!!! I don't know about any body else, but Ras Tafari people must come together to put an end to this nonsense, I am trying not to get dis-couraged but every time I get on the internet to check out whats going on in the community I run into this madness, FIYAH lick all devil vibes from amongst us!!!!! Ras, I'll pray the I's eyes don't pop out de I head, and de I can still find Selassie I love inna de I heart!  Blessed Love!!
Don_Tali

One God one Aim One Destiny

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2005, 07:55:53 AM »

No Rastafari is pro Jah
innersoulsista

Roots

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2005, 06:51:03 PM »

For what I have learned when you open your heart to new things, other cultures and other races of humans you will find out that every one is human first. If a rastaman finds love in another human outside of thier race you should be happy for them. Maybe you think that he is running from a black woman or going for some stereo type of white women being easier, or even I read that black women think rasta's are bums and white women think it is cool. First off if a black man is running from a black woman or going for a stereo type, he has a major problem that needs to be checked by his innerself, that would be a poor excuse for his own downfalls. I dont think all black women believe rastas are bums, black women are rasta as well, BUT, you cant find fresh veggies in a meat market. White woman(some) may think it is cool but there is such a thing as a white rasta and some are women. I would hope a hard core rasta would not sell out and be for rent, I myself have seen that and it has alot to say about that rastaman. That would be shamefull in what they stand for. I have also seen a BOBO rastaman be very in love with his wife that is white, it is beautiful they are great together. He is no less black and does all the work of the Majesty. He is hard core with the rasta livity and does not play any games with it. Sometimes life just happens in ways you never dreamed. I am very sure alot of people never set out to be in interracial relationships, then life happens. I believe if you give others a chance you will be suprised. I am not tellin any one to date outside of your race or start lookin, but maybe if the chance comes around to just be a friend to another race it's ok... peace and LOVE..................  
ksard

Love, Peace and Awareness

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2005, 09:17:45 AM »

The problem I have with all of this, is several say they are pro Jah, don't see color, but if i see a rasta man and every one of his girlfriends is white, then HE IS SEEING COLOR, WHITE COLOR. That means that he is first seeing her white skin then pursuing her overlooking the black woman, so how the heck is he NOT seeing color?

And no one has yet to answer the question, as to why that is.

The reality is, what is the point of following marcus garvey, talking about africa unite and locking your hair to show proudness of your blackness, but you constantly fall in love with white women or damn near white.

To me, as a black woman, it hurts my feelings, not mention it makes most rasta men look like bamboozled lost tribes. You talk the talk but you don't walk it.

What is so special about white woman that when I go to a club where rastas congregate, 99% have white women on their arm. Gosh, do you ever realize how hurtful that is!?

Look at the state of the black community, broken homes. What did you decide that we aren't worth sticking it through with? Don't we deserve some recognition? Don't we deserve to finally be told that we are NOT jungle bunnies, but beautiful queens. Do you think overlooking us for white women makes makes us feel like queens? You are just reinterating the fact that we aren't good enough that even the most militant brotha looks at us as "Unpretty" and "Unworthy"

Answer the question. I don't want to hear this "we are the world" stuff, answer the question at hand.

What we are not pretty enough? Don't make babies with "white like" hair? Or do you feel we are not docile enough?

Black women will never be like cave women, allowing men to drag us by the hair and treat us in any way because we have had to put up with much abuse, to allow further abusive treatment; being told we are tar babies, jungle bunnies, that all we are good for is sexin up, raping, making babies and abandoning us. Yes a lot of black women are angry and come across as having "attitude problems", but can you blame us?! The sad part is, brothas haven't done all right either, you have your ways too, but we didn't give up on you, so why have you given up on us?

How the heck are we going to heal as a people when you are disowning your black women.

I am sick and tired of seeing these all natural, lock wearing, african jewelry wearing, "power to the people" brothas, with Barbie on their arm.

Its offensive.

I'm being real...........can you?

Always seeking God for guidance and protection from the evils that be.
iNk

Roots n Ites

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2005, 04:51:04 AM »

I think dat real rasta should keep closer to his roots. So dat is not right way to have wife of another color, but there is one big thing: Love. And it has no rules ))
One love for all colors

InI think u overstand dat my english is not good )
Rastafari everywhere!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: