Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:37:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 43 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Rastafari (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  WHAT ARE THE CURRENT BELIEFS OF RASTAFARIANS
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: WHAT ARE THE CURRENT BELIEFS OF RASTAFARIANS  (Read 20095 times)
SATORI-1

Roots

« on: October 27, 2004, 08:23:33 AM »

I WANT TO KNOW IF IT IS POSSIBLE IN ALL SERIOUSNESS TO BE A AMERICAN RASTAFARIAN.
I'M MOSTLY NATVE AMERICAN, I HAVE A VERY MIXED BACKGROUND.
BUT I BELIEVE IN THE OPPORTUNITY TO GROW AND LEARN.
I'VE BEEN SKATEBOARDING FOR 8 YEARS NOW AND IM 23, IN MY WORLD OF SKATEBOARDING THERE HAS BEEN A HUGE RASTA MOVEMENT.
THEY SEEM SO FREE AND HAPPY, AND FULL OF LOVE FOR EACHOTHER WITHOUT CARE OF DRESS, COLOR, RACE, OR EVEN THE FACT THAT THEY ARE DIFFERENT.
IN SKATEBOARDING MOST SKATERS HATE ON EACHOTHER FOR NO REASON, AND THAT IS SOMETHING IM TIRED OF, I WANT TO BE FREE MENTALLY, AND SPIRITUALLY.
PLEASE SHED SOME LIGHT ON THIS SUBJECT IF POSSIBLE
iyah360

Higher Reasoning

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2004, 01:59:24 PM »

Greetings.

Has the I ever thought of getting to know the ways of your ancestors? Is there anyone in your family you can talk to about your Native American heritage and belief system? I think there is a wellspring waiting for the I untapped. The beliefs of your ancestors take into account the land of America - it is the indigenous way of this land, in tune with the energy of this place. Perhaps this is a good place to start.

Bless.

Kebo

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2004, 02:20:23 PM »

That's a nice train of thought Satori-I

African justice - white redemption
SATORI-1

Roots

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2004, 02:28:57 PM »

MY NATIVE AMERICAN HERITAGE IS IMPORTANT TO ME BUT I PRAISE JAH EVERYDAY.
I WANT TO BE A PART OF A POSITIVE MOVEMENT AND I SEE THAT IN RASTAFARIANISM.
House_of_Ra-sta

Roots

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2004, 10:05:56 PM »

Greetings Satori.i know some might think they like Ra-sta coz maybe the clothing,culture or to just to find some place in this Reality.judging by the wrods that u just put forth,i think like Iyah said,u should FIRST study your Ancestral Troditions,for they were given that Livity for a reason.but if u would like to find out what Ra-sta is about,u should check out this site.and by the way,u said u praise Jah everyday,well,the Native Americans have been doing that for centuries,its not like InI praise the All and the Native one of your Ancestors is in a box,for both livities give thankhs to Mama Nature.

Enter into this House,sons and dawtas of Ra-sta
your works will be weighed and then InI will go
to Higher Heights!
iyah360

Higher Reasoning

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2004, 08:51:01 AM »

MY NATIVE AMERICAN HERITAGE IS IMPORTANT TO ME BUT I PRAISE JAH EVERYDAY.
I WANT TO BE A PART OF A POSITIVE MOVEMENT AND I SEE THAT IN RASTAFARIANISM.

One of the foundation of Rastafari is the Marcus Garvey idea of Africa for the Africans, Europe for the Europeans, Asia for the Asians, etc. Everyone to their own vine and fig tree. To I, this means that while I give thanks for the INIversal foundation in the mother of all humankind and civilization - Africa/Ethiopia, that I and I in the scheme of things branched out across the earth from the original homeland - each people developing a particular way of giving ISES to the Most High - ways which were in tune with the environment of the place where the people were settled.  So I told the I to get in touch with the ways of your ancestors - ther uniqueness and heritage of their ways resonate with who you are and the place where you live. This is a blessed treasure that your ancestors will thank you for I-tinuing.

Personally, I  think all Righteous people should get in touch with the indigenous way of the place where they live and give this way a perfect Respect and consider it in their meditations and trod. I have been to some Native American ceremonies(I am not Native though) - what I witnessed was about creation, and order and respect for the Creator and Creation and the ancestors, self-discipline and tuning in with that inner place of RASTA. This is the same as what Rastafari strives for - the root of I&I being - your ancestors knew this way well and all the outward trappings of Rastafari symbols are no substitute for the REALness of that INNER JOURNEY.

Sight? Bless bredren.  
SATORI-1

Roots

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2004, 09:27:30 AM »

I GREATLY APPRECIATE ALL OF YOUR INPUT IT REALLY MAKES ME FEEL GOOD THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD THAT BELIEVE IN TEACHING OTHERS THE WAY OF THE RIGHTOUS.  I&I PRAISE JAH EVERY DAY AND NIGHT
I_Princess_I

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2005, 07:28:50 PM »

Irie Ities!
I an I have a lot of positive imotions coz i am certainly from RUSSIA!...it's so impossible from tha firsy view that i can connect with the nation i luv so much and religion that i appreciate from the bottom of my heart!I have white skin
But the luv i have for yah all and Jah...it can't be written in words!...
One luv Idren...One World!
In Tha Name of Jah Rastafari!Peace V

fly yo colors girl (((._.))) red , gold and green, baby
I_Princess_I

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2005, 07:33:07 PM »

I GREATLY APPRECIATE ALL OF YOUR INPUT IT REALLY MAKES ME FEEL GOOD THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD THAT BELIEVE IN TEACHING OTHERS THE WAY OF THE RIGHTOUS.  I&I PRAISE JAH EVERY DAY AND NIGHT

i like sk8boarding too...but in my country there r only few people who sk8 luving rasta
in russia the main point is the fashion on the dreadlocks
but by the way who sk8 and can be free pf hate,of the shitstem and just follow H.I.M.
it's so great!
i wish u 2 meet such sk8boarders on ur way

fly yo colors girl (((._.))) red , gold and green, baby
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: