Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:43:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 139 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Rastafari (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Selassie......a dictator
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Selassie......a dictator  (Read 46979 times)
adeakw

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2006, 09:34:23 AM »

Muta has also said:
"I bun GOD...HAILE SELASSIE higher than GOD"
"Rasta, has nothing to do with jesus christ"

Its a fool say that. How can you put anyone higher than God?
Rasta has nothing to do with Jesus Christ? Ras Tafari himself had a lot.
TTI live up!

I'm sorry for my poor utterance but I'm in ahurry.

Much love!
natural blacks

Blackheart Man

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2006, 12:49:14 PM »

Ask yourself 2 questions idrin..

1. Who is "God"? (because "God" is a "who"...bredrin deh went to the mountains and saw his face)
2. Who are you?

History has shown that it is the inaction of those who could’ve acted; the indifference of those who should’ve known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most that has made it possible for evil to triumph. - EMPEROR HAILE SELASSIE I
adeakw

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2006, 04:10:55 PM »

>Ask yourself 2 questions idrin..

>1. Who is "God"? (because "God" is a "who"...bredrin deh went to the mountains and saw his face)
>2. Who are you?

Let us not make it so difficult natural blacks. God is my creator, my lord, my master and I'm what he created, I'm his servant. Have nothing more to add brother.

bless
gman

AfricaSpeaks

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2006, 09:01:56 AM »

"my lord, my master"
What would be the usual definition of these words (imagine them used outside of a 'religious' context).
adeakw

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2006, 10:28:16 AM »

Thats who God is for me. For you or somebody else God can be something/somebody else. You can say that I'm not right or thats not God who I describled but everybody sees God diffrently. For some people God is Buddha, Haile Selassie, Mohammad or whoever. You cant argue on that. And I'm not going to argue with Muta either but I can say that I don't agree with him when he puts Haile Selassie above my God, but that's just my God whom I can defend.
God is one anyway- are you confused?
natural blacks

Blackheart Man

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2006, 01:08:25 PM »

Haile Selassie is not "God"...I think he made that clear too; a god, but not "God". Neither is Buddha ... God = god of israel, the bredrin mentioned in the bible who revealed his face to moses or abraham or whoever. God is a man...how can he be "something/someone"?

people have different gods, but there's only one "God"...and he's worshipped by christians; hebrews worship YWH... jews worship yaweh/jehoviah. Eventhough many ppl blindly call on "God" without really thinking to iverstand that they are calling on the god of israel.

there's no "God for me/u"...God is God, who is the god of israel (according to the bible)...not life, not allah, not buddha, not haile selassie, not krishna...but the god of israel. the word "God", with a capital "G" is a name, not a common noun. the common noun "god" is used usually to describe whatever higher being/essence/energy/power (whatever it is) a group of people or a person reveres...sometimes worship.

here is something i posted on a next board on this same line reasoning. it's in patois so i hope u don't have trouble iverstanding the language..

i waan pin wickedness pon God? but hear dis...after i a man weh declare seh God don't exist. how i fi guh blame evil pon nutting. man do good and man do evil man. yuh nuh read i post. man is responsible for evil and good in earth. but i a seh, christians, waan praise God fi di good tings in the bible, but ai jus a seh, if God fi get praised fi the good tings in the bible, him fi get noticed fi the evil as well. because dem seh God created all tings.

bredrin...God and god is not english semantics. God = god of israel according to christians. God caan be creation...if u waan mek ur god be creation, well fnie..but God, is not creation. God, is a man...abraham (i think, dem tings nuh too deh pon mi mind) guh inna hills and see God's face (according to the bible)...God...is a man. YWH does not have a son...God, have a son..who is supposedly jesus christ. their is no man in hebrew tradition named "yeshua the christ". there is a man named yeshua ..(caan i-call him last name..suppin wid "m" i believe) who was born of a virgin (means "young woman" in dem hebrew culture deh) who dem did expect fi fullfil di prophecies of isaiah, but he didn't. so he is revered as a great man, but not as the messiah...as the muslims do. there was no God nor jesus christ in hebrew cultures.

christians, now, after realising seh dem theories and theology is madness and i-fusion, would want u to believe that God and god are the same ting...but it is not. now i hear weh ya seh bout life...good. but God is not life. God is a man...who supposedly mek life and give and tek life. don't confuse di ting or try fi mek sense outta dem nonsense. accept it as dem present it. how ya grade di student offa weh yuh think him waan seh and not weh him seh.

moses never father christianity. moses father hebrew culture (weh ppl waan call judaism, weh is really white ppl create judaism). christianity was created by white ppl...europeans. religion, was created by white ppl enuh bredrin...europeans. prior to dat..there were cultures. wat the hebrews were living, wat u read (in some manner anyway) in the old testament, is how hebrews lived...this is their culture. "religion is a set of rules, regulations and rituals..." weh ppl practise, but still do di same ting as everybody else..spirituality is culture...weh ppl live.

egyptians were living a culture, where horus was the almighty...there was no religion in ancient egypt. now this talk bout chinese influencing horus...is the first i a hear of dat...show i dat nuh...cause i always waan learn wat i don't know.

now u a seh i caan prove seh europeans copy di ting? yuh nuh easy...suppin exist 4000yrs before, and suddenly u come up wid di same ting wid different names. dat woulda come een like a man waan tel mi seh columbus "discover" jamaica...or cecil rhodes "discover" south africa...when ppl did dun deh deh, and di place dem did dun have name. suh how i prove seh dem never discover dese places? because pple were there already. di wheel caan create 2 time enuh iyah. a man can modify di wheel..add to it or tek frmo it. but if him waan create suppin, it caan be a wheel. him ahffi create suppin new. or is jus a new kinda wheel him "create". there can be only 1 creation of a concept. di concepts of christianity bout virgin birth and such, were not created by christians...suh dem mus tek it from sumweh...ie...dem copy it.

"spirituality is not theology or ideology. it is simply a way of life, pure and original as was given by the most high of creation."

are u confused?

History has shown that it is the inaction of those who could’ve acted; the indifference of those who should’ve known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most that has made it possible for evil to triumph. - EMPEROR HAILE SELASSIE I
natural blacks

Blackheart Man

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2006, 01:12:07 PM »

it's interesting to look at the definitons of "god". this is from the net (opera browser dictionary)...i typed "god"...

god (gŏd)
n.

1. God
        a) A being conceived as the perfect, omnipotent, omniscient originator and ruler of the universe, the principal object of faith and worship in monotheistic religions.
        b)The force, effect, or a manifestation or aspect of this being.

2. A being of supernatural powers or attributes, believed in and worshiped by a people, especially a male deity thought to control some part of nature or reality.

3. An image of a supernatural being; an idol.

4. One that is worshiped, idealized, or followed: Money was their god.

5. A very handsome man.

6. A powerful ruler or despot.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: