Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 12:31:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 42 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Special Reasonings Archive
| | |-+  What I have observed on blacks/whites Rastas.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: What I have observed on blacks/whites Rastas.  (Read 39778 times)
ROOTSWOMAN

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2003, 10:00:24 AM »

WELL SAID EMPRESS ROOTSIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have decided to quietly observe these reasonings, least I begin to scorch some of these racist principles with PURE BLOOD FIYAH.

ROOTS

SANKOFA!
gonejah

Bless

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2003, 11:00:42 AM »

" 'let bygones be bygones.' Is a BLACK MAN sayin that.
How we going to sight Rasta and look at race as a diversion from the mainline of the teaching?
you do NOT let bygones be bygones by thinking it is beneath you to discuss the issues, beloved one. "

I know it is a BLACK MAN saying that, and I happen to know that very same black man rather well.  I even happen to have reasoned with that very same black man not too long ago about the very same lyrics, alongside some other friends of both of ours.  I want you to overstand the purpose of me quoting Buju here.  It was not so much the line " let bygones be bygones"  but rather the line "strife not with a man without cause, if he has done you no harm...".  What do you take from that ?  The point I was trying to make was that there is so much to be done here,  let us work (together) to change the very same bleak reality that you speak of NOW.  I don't know about you, but I do not have excess energy to waste on pointing fingers at people who have not personally done me harm.  My energy must be devoted to trying to make things a little more equal and not quite so unjust.  If all of us did this together then perhaps we could make some progress, seen?

"unless black people took over the institutions and structures of the world last night while I was sleepin and I don't know it yet,  accusing black people of 'racism' is inappropriate. "

I am quite sure that this did not happen.  Let us discuss who it is that controls those institutions and structures in this country.  It is a select group of white males, each one of them with more money in their "petty cash funds" than most of us will earn in a lifetime.  I hardly think it is fair to say that they represent all whites.  That would be like saying that Osama Bin Laden represents all brown skinned peoples, or all Muslims.

All I'm saying is that if a white person comes to this forum and wants to reason, lets not automatically assume that he or she is not worthy to do so because of the color of his or her skin.  Let us reason with everyone with an open mind and an open heart. I haven't seen anyone here complain about hearing anyone speak of their PERSONAL experiences and truths regarding whites.  If we have some of those negative PERSONAL experiences, let's talk about them and if the whites are so uncomfortable with it they will either leave this forum of have to address those individual issues.  Then it will make for good reasoning.

For the record, I feel that I do have the courage to "go all the way"  because I do want what I say I want.  Let me ask you this though, have you formulated a picture of me in your mind?  It sounds to me from this statement that you have assumed that I am white.  Think about it sistren......

Love, Blessings and Raspect  Wink

Blessed are they who by means thereof have overstood everything and have known HIM in his truth
Halle lu JAH !
ROOTSWOMAN

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2003, 01:41:32 PM »

All I'm saying is that if a white person comes to this forum and wants to reason, lets not automatically assume that he or she is not worthy to do so because of the color of his or her skin.

I have yet sighted any Afrikan Rasta jump to conclusion just due to the color (or lack of) one's skin.  It is the all to often EUROCENTRIC ATTITUDES that InI chant down.  Whether it comes from a white "rasta", or a MANUFACTURED NEGRO-SAXON.  It is the MINDSET that will get chanted down, whether dressed up in white "robes" or black ones.

All too often, the HISTORICAL PATTERN of the European ASILI (seed) is displayed, covertly or overtly, disguised in all kinda tings...be it the straight out IGNORANCE laced with ARROGANCE, or the fact they many (not all) think they can DEFINE the Afrikan Experience and History to InI.  All too often white folx come into an AFRIKAN "VILLAGE" (movement, religion, community), and due to an all too pervasive INGRAINED feeling of SUPERIORITY, come to once again MISDEFINE us...or worse; so-call "TEACH" us about ourselves.

That will get CHANTED DOWN WITHOUT APOLOGY EACH AND EVERYTIME.

"Until the lion tells his side of the story, the tale of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.".

ROOTS

SANKOFA!
Rootsie

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2003, 02:13:17 PM »

Greetings!

If you don't mind, I'll take your points from last to first.   Yes indeed I did not bomb Iraq, and I am not Halliburton or a Hapsburg banker. But as a white person in America whether I like it or not I benefit from the white supremacist system. So it is not about my personal complicity in a rotten system, but to say as you did in so many words, because I am one of the 'good guys', please don't put that sh** on me...it's dishonest. A denial of people's daily lived reality.
    If this were all in the past that would be one thing, but it's not. I do not think reasonable people come here and are discouraged from reasoning.   I wasn't and neither were many others, but I can well imagine how frustrating it must be to be a black person  and having white people come denying black reality, and WORSE, demanding that it is black people's job to somewhow make it all nice nice and make them feel better. Coming with the 'higher argument.' Most here are not fools, and they KNOW the 'higher' argument. Anger is expressed here. And historical and present pain. This is the situation. And trying to stop a conversation by saying we must work together and do...well first we all have to come to one overstanding before anything can be done. So in reality this IS part of the doing. And if white people are unwilling to listen to certain things, and look deep into themselves and check their assumptions, no progress at all can be made.
    "A little more equal and not quite so unjust"Huh That is to understate what our responsibility is here. Brighten the corner where you are well of course, but this is movement of JAH people!   Great forces are at work, and like I said the 'hey I'm one of the good guys' just does not cut it if we want what we say we want, which is New Heaven and New Earth!
    The pain people feel is reinforced by their personal experience, but is not the beginning and end of it! 2000 years of systematic oppression and silencing. It's about Context, and I feel you have it wrong. People aren't just speaking out of their personal  hurt, that is to dismiss the importance of what is taking place here, and the serious efforts being made by this website to bring on the change.
    Who's to say what does and what does not harm another. The truly diabolical thing is that by my very existence a white American I am indirectly harming others all over the world EVERY day?  Whose job is it to address this? I say it is mine.
    You know what Bob say,what they say in JA: 'me throw me corn me no call no fowl.' If ones are offended then so be it. Could be they have some growing to do right there, and so they feel it.
    Buju is a dearly beloved inspirator of mine. How blessed for you to reason with him. This internet has its downside. Face to face we would be able to see each other more real, and discern intentions.
    Yes sis/bredren I did assume you are white! I am also feeling that you are a man, but I am a 'manly' reasoner myself!  You are black?  I'm surprised, for you surely do sound like many of the white folks who come around here, but hey, that's just an assumption, or presumption, whatever...

Regards,
rootsie
dreadout

RastafariSpeaks.com

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2003, 12:05:45 AM »

Rasta is Africa, One roots come from Creation, InI soul beyond color, all people black from creation so how could people change color, all people black people InI is just one people, white wash mind frame come from mental chainz just designed by devils to seperate InI one people, some people think there white or black or indian or chinese or just mix up, but we god people without true difference.

love peace guidence RASTAFARI
EMPRESS_MINEE

RastafariSpeaks.com

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2003, 12:45:12 PM »

IT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO DISCUSS THE POINT OF VIEWS OF RASTAS WHEN IT COMES TO BLACK/ WHITE. IN MY OPINION I TRY NOT TO LOOK AT PEOPLE FOR THEIR COLOR.  IF YOU ACCEPT AND BELIEVE RASTA IN YOUR HEART YOUR WELCOME. WHITE RASTAS NEED TO UNDERSTAND THE FULL CONCEPT OF RASTA. I HOPE I DONT OFFEND ANY ONE, BUT I ALSO THINK THAT THEY WILL NEVER HAVE THE SAME PASSION AS A TRUE AFRICAN RASTA WOULD. IT'S IN OUR BLOOD TO FIGHT THREW THE STRUGGLES AND LET OUR COLOR SHOW THREW OUR KNOWLEDGE. JAH CHILDREN THAT'S WHAT WE ARE AS ONE I AND I. SOME INDIVIDUALS BECOME UPSET WHEN THEY SEE A WHITE RASTA WITH THEIR LOCKS AND SMOKING GANJA. THEY MUST NOT ABUSE THE PRIVILEGE. INDIVIDUALS SEE THE WHITE RACE AS" TRING TO HARD TO BECOME APART OF OUR STRUGGLE".  

ONCE AGAIN THIS IS NOT ABOUT COLOR.
dreadout

RastafariSpeaks.com

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2003, 02:15:09 AM »

there is no white africa just black ethopia for all rasta. natural livethy is everyman gift; neva judge apperances JAH know all things best

love peace guidence RASTAFARI
Burt4x4

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2003, 09:18:46 AM »

Hello, I'm not sure if I am 'qualified' to say anything about this topic but I would like to say what I feel.
Yes I am a white man, I do not have a 'Dread' apperance to me. I do not dress African. I have lived in California my whole life. The views that Rastafarians have on life are or they feel like the same views I have and that I am teaching my children. Everyone is different and this is a good thing. Positive! I teach my children to be Positive and Love. I teach them NOT to Judge people by the way they dress or the color of their skin, none of this matters to me. I have no religon that I follow or prase except for my own self belief and morality. I am trying to understand Rasta because of my True Love for Bob Marley's music and what he was fighting for! I hope that I am not barging in here? I do belive the History of Babylon is the root of Negativity. Chant down Babylon! Me say yes! I do not agree with the way the world is but I am just a man born and raised a white man. I cannot control were I came from but only were I am going and wich direction I point my children in. Family is all I have and Bob's music is my spiritial connection with my inner self. For many many years now I have been listening to Bob's music and he is my massiah...
ras_ravin_-i

RastafariSpeaks.com

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2003, 09:22:52 PM »

ENGLISH !!!!!!!!!

ALL THE TALK OF AFRICA......QUESTION ?

DO ANY OF YOU SPEAK AN AFRICAN LANG?

ENGLISH IS WHITE MAN THING
DO YOU ALL WEAR AFRICAN CLOTHES ALL DAY LONG..I CERTAINLY HOPE THAT YOU ALL DONT WEAR JEANS...

ENGLISH !!! LORD HAVE MERCY...THEY BEG FOR THE WHITE MAN LANG

NO I AM NOT WHITE...IF YOU WANTED TO KNOW...

COME ON NOW..PEOPLE.....
Kebo

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2003, 10:36:31 PM »

I speak an African language, Kriolu from the Cape Verdean islands. Its African language with a European base, Portuguese. Even though most of the vocabular is straight Portuguese it sounds completely African when spoken.

I learned Kriolu while I was teaching English to students as a Peace Corps volunteer. Quite frankly there were alot of times when i felt guilty teaching kids a language which was supposed to be internationally superior but which didnt phonically equal the groove and sounds of Kriolu.

On another note, Cape Verde is an African country which struggles with its identity. The country's populated by Africans but you hear alot of citizens say that they are a European nation. Their history is kinda jumbled cuz the islands were discovered first by the Portuguese then used as a holding spot for slave transportation and the slaves became the lasting population, at the end of the day every citizen you see is African, you can just tell. Its in the language, its in the vibe and culture, its in the heart.

Kebo

African justice - white redemption
Ras Mandingo

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2003, 04:41:49 AM »

Kebo,

Eu sou brasileiro. Muito me interessa a história de Cabo Verde. Inclusive existem vôos diretos de Fortaleza (600km de onde vivo em Recife) e Cabo Verde. Recife se localiza na costa nordeste do Brasil.

Gostaria de poder ouvir sua voz agora para identificar o amável sotaque Cabo Verdense.

Amor e Respeito,

Mandingo.

Haile,
Wisdom, Knowledge, Strenght & Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kebo

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2003, 09:12:14 AM »

Oi Ras mandingo, Bon dia amigu,

Tudu bon? Abo e Brasilieru? Abo ta falla Portugues, claru. Kriolu e sima Portugues, Kriolu e um mixtura di Portugues y algumes lingus Afrikanu. E dificil di skrebi Kriolu pamodi povu Cabo Verdeanu es ta papia Kriolu ma es ka ta skrebi inda. Si algens ta skrebi es ta usa Portugues, Portugues e lingu officiel di pais, ma Kriolu e sempre lingu di povu. Fika fiche.

Kebo

African justice - white redemption
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: