Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:55:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 71 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Rastafari (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  White Rastas - can it happen?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print
Author Topic: White Rastas - can it happen?  (Read 199872 times)
Source

« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2009, 10:26:09 AM »

Greeting Empress Keneilwe

I agree with you that originally black people might not of accepted Christianity in some instances, but then again neither did a lot of people regardless of their race. But right now there is a propensity amongst People of Colour to embrace Christianity, that is a fact! However moving on beyond the petty-ism - What I am saying is , that if a one, anyone ;who accepts a certain livity, believes and has faith in a certain way of acknowledging, whomsoever they believe to be the Almighty!! Then why cant person that person be what it is they choose to be?

Source
Source

« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2009, 10:33:33 AM »

Greetings EmpresKeneilwe

I read you statement, but I don't overstand what you are saying>

I wrote that most believe H.I.M. is god but that not true -Remember is H.I.M Selassie I who said that, not I am not god. I Art the Lion of Judah.

So your quote "That's if you believe He is your saviour/god. Everyone has their own way of interpreting life and/or Rastafari".
  Doesnt make any meaningful sense. Could you please elaborate on what you mean!

EmpresKeneilwe

« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2009, 08:42:44 AM »

Greetings Source,

It may not make sense to you, but it does to me.
You need to overstand that, RASTAFARI is a way of life, not a mainstream religion! Well, I think so anyway. Just like a lot of people (RASTA) still believe in the bible, bcoz he used the bible as his book of reference. This does not mean the bible is the book of truth. To many people, he is not the messiah, but he is to many.

You said "Remember is H.I.M Selassie I who said that, not I."
To me it sounds like just bcoz he said it, it automatically becomes a fact or truth. Thus the reason I stated what i did.

This still might not make sense to you. Every person with an open mind, has their own perception of what RASTA means. Once you get to overstand it, you'll see it's not a set of instructions from H.I.M. He was aslo just speaking on behalf of other blacks, but from his own view. Thus, he said he is not god.

Jah Bless
K
Maisha28

« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2009, 10:10:00 AM »

Greetings Source,

It may not make sense to you, but it does to me.
You need to overstand that, RASTAFARI is a way of life, not a mainstream religion! Well, I think so anyway. Just like a lot of people (RASTA) still believe in the bible, bcoz he used the bible as his book of reference. This does not mean the bible is the book of truth. To many people, he is not the messiah, but he is to many.

You said "Remember is H.I.M Selassie I who said that, not I."
To me it sounds like just bcoz he said it, it automatically becomes a fact or truth. Thus the reason I stated what i did.

This still might not make sense to you. Every person with an open mind, has their own perception of what RASTA means. Once you get to overstand it, you'll see it's not a set of instructions from H.I.M. He was aslo just speaking on behalf of other blacks, but from his own view. Thus, he said he is not god.

Jah Bless
K

You know, I would think that because H.I.M. is a god, what he says would automatically be true.  If that is not the case, can he rightly be called a god?
EmpresKeneilwe

« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2009, 05:25:11 AM »

Thus i said "That's if you believe He is your saviour/god. Everyone has their own way of interpreting life and/or Rastafari". Your being the operative word.

Firstly, I believe in my goddess, H.I.M brought a message forth. In my books, he doesn't automatically become my saviour. He is a guide, but not my sanctuary.

Please read the line as I cannot break it down any further.

Peace
Keneilwe
Ras Menelik

« Reply #80 on: March 04, 2009, 08:22:14 AM »

NO!!!!! WHITE MAN MUST KNOW THAT RIGHTEOUSNESS IS BLACKNESS. KHALID PUT IT CLEAR THAT WHITE MANKIND IS DEVIL. BLACKNESS IS SUPREME.
BigChoppa

« Reply #81 on: April 28, 2009, 06:59:02 AM »

Ini see confusion. You got the two extremes in this and most other "reasonings" on if a white can be a Ras.

First off, these are not "reasonings". These are ".com" rases who think they know something, but you put anyone of these so called rases in de yard or inna de bush and see how long they last. These "reasonings" are mostly just passive aggressive racial argument.

second of all you have the two extremes. you have the dumbass whites who can only quote one thing from Selassie I and that is about the color of a mans skin being of no more importance then the color a mans eyes. And they really have no clue as to what "white privledge" is all about and inact in their stupidity.
Or you have the rases all for black supremacy and forget what RasTafari is about. Both of the two extremes need to humble the ini. Read Psalms, Proverbs, etc. and learn som wisdom. Tell Ini once when King Solomon, the wisest man to walk Jah earth outside of Selassie I, said that his race "Black Hebrew" was the supreme race and all should serve them... He never did, neither did Yesus Christo, Selassie I, King David, Enoch or any other prophet, teacher, hola man.

Mankind is inherently evil. Not just whiteman, but also blacks, native americans, south americans, indians, asians and so on. Mankind fell away from the perfect nature that we were designed to have. Jah says that Adam sinned and cursed mankind forever with inherent sin. So no one should exalt or insult another for their color of their skin but by there actions.

Give Ises to Jah RasTafari, The Conquering Lion from the Tribe of Judah, The Elect of Jah, King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Earth's Rightful Ruler, Selassie I Jah RasTafari.
EmpresKeneilwe

« Reply #82 on: April 29, 2009, 03:16:19 AM »

Humble Greetings family,

BigChoppa, just a question for you.
Don't you think the whites and arabs are more evil than others for the oppression of other groups? And I'm not saying blacks (or "minorities") are excluded from that.

And again, you make reference to bible. Not everyone believes that one gets wisdom from it. Some people dispise it and anything that has to do with "oppressor" religions.

second of all you have the two extremes. you have the dumbass whites who can only quote one thing from Selassie I and that is about the color of a mans skin being of no more importance then the color a mans eyes. And they really have no clue as to what "white privledge" is all about and inact in their stupidity.

I agree with you here. IGNORANCE and ARROGANCE are "sins" and I'm yet to overstand this term "sin" in it's full context.
BigChoppa

« Reply #83 on: April 29, 2009, 06:59:08 AM »

Thats a hard question to answer. Ini agree that the aryan race has caused more afflictions, but ini think it's more of a foolish ignorance type of thing for the majority. They will blindly follow their leaders without question. It is a lack of their culture and perspective of the world around them that causes that mindset. They aren't in touch with Jah or nature. Ini think that is root of their problem, they honestly have no roots.

Ini overstand what you are saying about the bible. however most would agree that those men were wise men. The problem is everyone has their own regard to is Selassie I was a wise man, or King Solomon, etc. Iman can only speak for Iself.

But Ini don't overstand why the ini speaks in generalizations instead of directly. Ini have trouble speakin to someone when ini don't know the ini's view. Ini just want to Raspect one another and not use analogies that have no validity in the others eyes.
EmpresKeneilwe

« Reply #84 on: April 30, 2009, 07:46:30 AM »

The real issue we all have to deal with is "white priviledge", which the majority in reality still do not care to overstand.

It is only a hand full of white people who admit this priviledge, others choose to turn a blind eye and use it to their advantage.
BigChoppa

« Reply #85 on: May 26, 2009, 11:32:14 PM »

Ini do agree. everyone has to deal with the white priviledge. and there are those VERY few whites who acknowledge it. It is really a shame.
Purifiya

« Reply #86 on: August 23, 2009, 11:21:55 PM »

Not really sure where to start on here but this looks like as good a place as any...  So on the subjuect of "can there be white rastas"  I think for surely there can, and there are.  This is a pretty mixed up world, thats why there are black people that think they are Roman Catholic.  I try not to judge where a man is comfortable resting there head, I come from a small country in South East Asia called Laos, a predominantly Buddhist country, and there are always flocks of white people coming to seek nirvana by meditating in one of our old temples.  I think they are barking up the wrong tree, but it doesn't really bother me.  These people would never even know where Laos is if America didn't spend nine years bombing the hell out of it, and I would have never been in America if my father hadn't escaped here as a refugee with my brother and I.  So I am a product of laotian soldier and white american woman who went to Laos during the war because of her "guilt" for what America was doing.  When I arrived in America I lived in the ghetto in Milwaukee and was introduced to Rastafarianism by my neighbors who were nyabingi elders helped me cope with not being accepted by the laotian, white or black communities with which I was surrounded.  They also helped with diffusing the anger I had from being hunted like an animal in the jungle for my beginning years, so I have a lot of love for these particular Rastafarians and their faith.  Thats my brief intro and Its all love and love full time.  there are some pretty articulate people on here and I like the conversation taking place, thats why I'm here.
empress.suzan

« Reply #87 on: March 26, 2011, 03:27:11 PM »

It is interesting to see how the Chinese Rasta "Purifya" put a temporary stop to this topic.  Who has submitted anything more dread than the experience of being bombed by white Americans for 9 years of your childhood and then spiritually restored by Black Nyahbinghi living in the said America.  The reality of what the man went thru seems to have answered the question, i.e., "Natty will be there to see you thru," no matter who you are or what race you were born into.  And the man really liked this conversation but nobody continued it!

Purifya, you did indeed have a purifying effect on the reasoning, effectively burning out the hypothetical ideas and bringing it down to reality.

The greatest evil the white man inflicts on the earth is their domination over national boundaries and private property, over which all wars are fought.  These false ideas of ownership (applied after stealing everything valuable on the face of the Earth) form the basis of all the false laws that permit white people to tell a man living in the desert that he cannot emigrate to a land where he could plant food.  No ... he has to stop there and dead, because that's where he was born.  Woe be unto them in the Day of Judgment.

A white person can truly be Rasta if they overstand we have to destroy in order to rebuild.  The white system must be completely destroyed.  Nyahbinghi gave her freedom and her life for Mama Africa, and she is still Alive and still Fighting.  For a white woman to truly be Rasta (and not just a lover of Rasta), she must be Nyahbinghi, willing to fight and die for Mother Earth.  Rastas are spiritual warriors, yet I&I know very well they will try to take us out physically if they can't corrupt our souls.

To be Rasta requires a white persion to accept Blackness 100%.  This can only be done by leaving Babylon, giving up the World and going thru whatever experience of suffering and spiritual growth that the Most High has prepared for you as a way of redemption.  This is difficult but not impossibly harsh because JAH does not give us more than we can bear.  It does require patience and faith.  If you have very little of these, and you pray for more, you shall be given.

A "white" Rasta has the debt of their ancestors to pay.  JAH has a way mapped out for you to re-pay Black People for a portion of all the injustice.  It does not mean allowing yourself to be abused by unscrupulous people, although that will also happen to you from time to time, once you are doing JAH Work.  Remember that money is an illusion.  There are more Snakes out there than Righteous Ones (in every race), and there are even more who don't know what is what, or are being controlled by forces they can't handle.  If you don't stand up and strengthen yourself within the Holy Spirit, you will go down into the Pit like the rest.

To be Rasta, a white person must be willing to live Third World and take strain in order to help the bredren and sistren.  There is real reward in this because Third World geography, Third World survival skills and Third World Spirit of Community and Godliness all provide I&I with a blessed assurance of earthly salvation compared to those living in wealthy, spoiled, selfish nations powered by nuclear technology that risks destroying their habitat for many thousands of years.  Black people do not make these kinds of stupid and wicked decisions for profit, unless they've sold out to the white world.  This gives an idea of the meaning of Black Supremacy: a supremacy of righteousness of Black Culture, not a racial concept. 

White Rastas have a work to fulfill: to stand up publicly against the white system, but it would be wise to really live Black Culture first, and take your time, so you can then speak from the perspective of knowing what is good, not only what is bad.  It is a long journey to Consciousness.  We all come from Africa and it is to this Original Life that we must return.

RASTAFARI was the only option for me as a young white person in Babylon.  It was not something I could ignore.  I could not worry about whether I would be accepted or whether I might be manipulated as a Woman.  I could not be deterred from the Truth.  My sanity and physical health depended on escaping a corrupt, unhappy and unrealistic lifetime existence.  I wanted a Conscious life for my children, a return to Blackness, not a watering down of Blackness.  This, by the Grace of JAH, I have achieved - I have broken the chain that bound me and my seed to unrighteousness.  I did not go thru the attachment problems that many white people might face when trying to give up their old culture.  I did have ridiculous difficulties learning to handle stress, hurdles to overcome while learning to pray and and disasters to experience because of the reality of spiritual wickedness, but I welcomed it all because I knew that the Natural way is the only way we can move on to ZION.  I give thanks that JAH provided a way out of my spiritual pain into the embrace of Black Love. 

Now I pray for guidance and protection for Rasta People because I know only JAH can sustain us as we help fulfill His Victory.  My own deliverance is documented in The Repatriation Papers at www.zionearth.net (no cost or advertisements).  I refer to this site because I challenge anyone to read what the Spirit says to the Nations and continue to insist that people who were not born Black can't return to their original Roots.  It's not I&I who determine our own Destiny, but JAH.  Inasmuch as we choose to have faith in JAH, so He chooses whom He Will.  All Thanks and Raspect to all Black Man and Woman who preserved the Truth and the Joy under terrible conditions.

The question is not whether white people can be Rastas, but: Who can save their own Soul before the Winds of Devastation?  Bless.

Richard

« Reply #88 on: April 09, 2011, 04:39:19 AM »

I dont really understand this question. With the knowledge of Jah Rastafari - His Imperial Majesty Emperor Haile Selassie being the creator of heaven and earth, who shall the white man praise for this? Someone else? 
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: