Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:05:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 139 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Rastafari (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  White man in rastafari
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: White man in rastafari  (Read 37301 times)
river

« on: August 08, 2006, 11:50:50 PM »

hello, I'm here for generale opinions and a clear shot of what people think, please don't start a debate over this, I really just want opinions. A friend of mine and myself are white Quebecers (from canada) and believe in the rastafarian way of life. We try to live as rastas do and we definitivly despise the word ''Hippie'' (people should know the diffrence...) We're looking forword to go living in a Rasta community either in Jamaica or in Ethiopia to get out of the material life that is around us... And to live the actual rastafari familly. Do you think this is appropriate? Will people see this badly? I know the rastas started on a base of revolution because they, their familly had been enslaved, and sadly enough, my ancestors where probably stupid enough to have been part of this, but I, youth and white Canadian of today, believe this was the greatest mistake ever and I hope to be able to make a diffrence while I'm on earth and able too. I have already spent 3 monthes in Bénin where I learnt  a lot about african culture and living in a community (though a non-rasta community) Therefore, here is my question, will a Rasta Community accepte 2 fellow white brother and sister in their community for a few monthes? They who wish to share theire beliefs in equal rights and love of mother-earth?
S1

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 10:07:41 PM »

hello, I'm here for generale opinions and a clear shot of what people think, please don't start a debate over this, I really just want opinions. A friend of mine and myself are white Quebecers (from canada) and believe in the rastafarian way of life. We try to live as rastas do and we definitivly despise the word ''Hippie'' (people should know the diffrence...) We're looking forword to go living in a Rasta community either in Jamaica or in Ethiopia to get out of the material life that is around us... And to live the actual rastafari familly. Do you think this is appropriate? Will people see this badly? I know the rastas started on a base of revolution because they, their familly had been enslaved, and sadly enough, my ancestors where probably stupid enough to have been part of this, but I, youth and white Canadian of today, believe this was the greatest mistake ever and I hope to be able to make a diffrence while I'm on earth and able too. I have already spent 3 monthes in Bénin where I learnt  a lot about african culture and living in a community (though a non-rasta community) Therefore, here is my question, will a Rasta Community accepte 2 fellow white brother and sister in their community for a few monthes? They who wish to share theire beliefs in equal rights and love of mother-earth?
Well you know rastafarianism was created by founders that wanted it to be a Black/Afrikan way of life for Black/Afrikans not a White/Afrikan way of life for White/Afrikans but you can live a way of life to get in touch with your Black/Afrikan ancestors(everyone descended from Black/Afrikans) there are many ways of life to live but rastafarianism was not made for you.
RAS_B

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 02:42:54 AM »

WHAT IS IT THAT THESE 2 WHITE GUYS NEED TO KNOW THAT THEY CAN'T FIND IN THIS FORUM? IS THERE NO WHITE GROUP OR MOVEMENTS FOR WHITES WHO WANT TO CHANGE THEIR EVILOUS CONIVING WAYS?

RASTAFARI MOVEMENT IS AN AFRICAN MOVEMENT AND WE NEED TO DO THIS BY OURSELVES. TAKE YOUR QURIOSITY ELSEWHERE. WE NO LONGER NEED OR VALUE YOUR OPINIONS OR APPROVALS.

RASTAFARI LIVE.
river

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2006, 10:05:42 AM »

WE NO LONGER NEED OR VALUE YOUR OPINIONS OR APPROVALS.

RASTAFARI LIVE.

Nice way of being open minded there, is it not true that every man is equal? Why would you not value my opinions as I value yours? Are you not concidering yourself raciste to put down white people as we are all brothers and sisters, who actually look at the color of the skin these days?

Well you know rastafarianism was created by founders that wanted it to be a Black/Afrikan way of life for Black/Afrikans not a White/Afrikan way of life for White/Afrikans but you can live a way of life to get in touch with your Black/Afrikan ancestors(everyone descended from Black/Afrikans) there are many ways of life to live but rastafarianism was not made for you.

Thank you S1, this is the type of answer I was looking for. We do value our black ancestors as this is where we come from, we will continue our way of life as we mean it.
S1

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2006, 09:20:09 AM »

WE NO LONGER NEED OR VALUE YOUR OPINIONS OR APPROVALS.

RASTAFARI LIVE.

Nice way of being open minded there, is it not true that every man is equal? Why would you not value my opinions as I value yours? Are you not concidering yourself raciste to put down white people as we are all brothers and sisters, who actually look at the color of the skin these days?

Thank you S1, this is the type of answer I was looking for. We do value our black ancestors as this is where we come from, we will continue our way of life as we mean it.
Well said warrior its time to let these yugurus know whose forum this is and they dont belong. Why do yts wanna come to a Afrikan Rastafari forum anyway? Stealing our culture once again I think.
blackwombman

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 10:01:49 PM »

truly speaking

AND get me clear WHITE BOY

here in afrika we are tired and sick of whites- scriptures  say all nations will return to their own lands.Stay where you are we dont want and need you here.I am really tired of white people somedays i wish i could make them all dissapear outa afrika and take the indian and asian with them too.Its not that i dont see goodness in all white people some good some evil just like there is good black and evil black people -the point is CAN THEY JUST LEAVE US ALONE IN OUR OWN LAND-what you want here-ALREADY YOUR RACE IS  OVERLORD OVER MY PEOPLE  in our own land !!!!!!!!-WHITE BABIES GROW UP PRIVELEGED EATING FRUITS AND ORGANIC VEGGIES WHILE MY BLACK CHILDREN WEEP WITH HUNGRY STOMACHS  TATTERED CLOTHING watching their parents DIE FROM AIDS A GENOCIDE OF OUR PEOPLE  ENGINEERED BY YOUR RACE TO ANNIHILATE WE !!! YOU HAVE HEARD THAT YOU ARE A PRODUCT OF AN EVIL SEED INCOMPLETE LACKING IN CONSCIOUSE -.We certainly dont need more whites around here AFRICA .We WANT AETHIOPIA BLACK FR OM CAPE TO CAIRO    SEEN?

Empress_Tracy

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2007, 10:41:43 PM »

1 John 4:20-21
[20] If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
[21] And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

John 15:17-20
17] These things I command you, that ye love one another.
[18] If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
[19] If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
[20] Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

Mic.4:1-3
[1] But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the LORD shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.
[2] And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
[3] And he shall judge among many people, and rebuke strong nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

Tyehimba

RastafariSpeaks

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2007, 01:33:24 AM »

Posted by: river 
~
If you are really concerned about making a difference you should learn about racism, white privilege and your complicity in it, and share those lessons with your fellow whites. Trying to run away and escape a world created by European racism, is not only an act of white privilege but it also contributes towards the problem. As Peter Tosh reminds, there can be no equal rights (and love of mother earth) without justice.

Tyehimba
Boogieman

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2007, 05:41:42 AM »

Though you tell whites about all of this , they don't want to listen , they deny it. They try to avoid these kind of conversations... They deny even the obvious facts that you tell and show them. You can't MAKE one conscious ,he has to find the truth himself. Because when truth is revealed usually the shift changes and it appears that one was living in a world of fantasy.

Babylon will fall
Empress_Tracy

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2007, 02:56:12 PM »

Truth is Truth, not all white ppl. are ignorant by choice. Many are hidden from the truth. Of course I n I live in a world of lies, but some whites aren't even exposed to a little bit truth. But, when truth is revealed u must accept it and stand by it, no half stepping, no partiality in this. I was one of them that was secluded from life, but Jah showed I the truth when I was a little girl(3rd or 4th grade) from then on I was searching. It is sad that a book revealed afrika to i and the downpression. I family, community, CHURCH, school, etc failed to teach i the truth. Instead, they raped i from it and hid I from the true-story. If it wasnt for Jah I wouldn't have known about the motherland, but I'm still trying to know her for her beauty and 400+ years of beauty have been enslaved and tortured. So as they raped Afrika, her true-story, and her children they hid i from afrika, her true-story and her children. N e wayz, I read ur post(boogieman) and wanted to I-spond. I want u to know that not all white ppl. don't  accept the truth, but if thats how u feel ur entitled to ur opinion. U just got I thinking, I'm not I-sponding for a debate, I come with humility. Heart of Love, Heart of Sabbath!
Boogieman

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2007, 06:42:11 PM »

Blesses. InI didn't say that all white don't accept the truth. Only some do , but usually it's hard to believe, because it's very different of what you had been thought by curriculum and parents... I believe that there is wickedness and righteousness in all people. Like most of whites like to say Jah see no color , but they use it in the wrong context. Jah does not judge by color , but by deeds. But since there is wicked Babylon, witch is ready to divide and rule. As InI overstand racism is just another devils creation, usually it's fueled by greed or some other sin.
By the way I'm white so InI speak what I had seen and experienced living amongst white ppl.
Hotep, and bless.
Most High.

Babylon will fall
Empress_Tracy

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2007, 02:33:15 PM »

Blessed, yes I, I agree. I wasn't trying to come off a way that I was trying to argue in a debate, I just wanted to reason. Sometimes it is difficult to reason online cause the reader cannot always see what emotion is coming forth in the words.  I was just isponding to show u that not all white ppl. cannot stand in truth. First, I made a mistake by not confirming that ur afrikan or non-white. See, I thought u were afrikan or non-white and wanted to show u through I eyes. I thought u were saying all whites, so I just wanted to clarify. I didn't want to debate either, just a simple reasonment.  I believe it is bless for ones and ones to share where they come from as well, to create a better understanding of each other. N e wayz, I agree, I grew up in a white world and when I found out different nations existed, I tried to share the truth i found. But, many do not want to see it. The mentality is slavery is over and lets move on. But, they fail to see that slavery never ended, it has itinued through many different forms. N e wayz, give thanx and once again I usally don't Ispond, but I just did this time. I give thanx again for the moment. Where is the I from? I would like to reason with the I sometime, of ok. I email is empress4iva@yahoo.com.
Azania 7

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2007, 04:54:04 PM »

In the words of His Imperial Majesty, JAH Rastafari
"That until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned: That until there are no longer first-class and second class citizens of any nation;That until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes; That until the basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all without regard to race; That until that day, the dream of lasting peace and world citizenship and the rule of international morality will remain but a fleeting illusion, to be pursued but never attained; ...Until bigotry and prejudice and malicious and inhuman self-interest have been replaced by understanding and tolerance and good-will; Until all Africans stand and speak as free beings, equal in the eyes of all men, as they are in the eyes of Heaven; Until that day, the African continent will not know peace. We Africans will fight, if necessary, and we know that we shall win, as we are confident in the victory of good over evil."

How then can such racist views come from Africans who follow the teachings of H.I.M?
Africans are a forgiving people with an inherent knowledge of right and wrong- I am not implying that in forgiving we should forget but the emphasis here is that we as Africans do not waste our energy in directing hatred towards the whiteman BUT rather we should unite to develop and strengthen Africa!!! in that way i strongly believe that we shall be fighting down all systems of downpression.
Also we must not forget that many black people are part of the system that downpress the African...

So can a person who fights WITH Africa be a true enemy?? or have i misinterpreted Rastafari?...

"...we are not anti-anybody.We are pro-Africa..." Robert Sobukwe
Boogieman

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2007, 04:39:53 AM »

A person who fights for isn't. But sometimes a white person takes his white privilege with him into the movement and usually is doing some subconscious sabotage to the whole group of people... InI think that Rasta is salvation for I mind, but first one has to liberate his mind of Babylon propaganda to be rasta. And whites usually don't see how to do it.
Most High.

Babylon will fall
siger

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2007, 12:02:46 AM »

The old man is angry.
The mother is frowning.
I am not amused.

I may come on as harsh, but let RASTA speak for RASTA. THere are some here who are taking this for granted. All reason holds water, but this board should be kept to reasoning on rastafari.

We look neither left nor right, but forward.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: