Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:06:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 71 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Rastafari (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  A reason for them who honor Bob
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: A reason for them who honor Bob  (Read 40956 times)
Kebo

RastafariSpeaks .com

« on: January 03, 2007, 11:09:52 PM »

"Rasta is a future...Yes...Rasta is the futurescape"

This quote from Bob Marley sums up how I think Bob saw Rastafari. As if Selassie is the one come to establish the earth and rastafari the ultimate earth movement. I tend to see the relevation of rastafari the same way cuz I get that feeling when I commune with the rasta spirit. My question is how can this awesome movement whom the messenger Bob Marley informed us of co-exist with the religions and movements of the world.

African justice - white redemption
chiefblackbear

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 07:59:40 PM »

Hotep Brother/Sister

I dont know much about bob but didnt he use to smoke like chimney, I respect rastafai as a religion but I dont think bob was a true rasta.
Ras_Nevoe

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 10:08:51 AM »

Hotep Brother/Sister

I dont know much about bob but didnt he use to smoke like chimney, I respect rastafai as a religion but I dont think bob was a true rasta.

In your definition Cheifblackbear, What is a true rasta?....................just curious!
Kebo

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 05:08:00 PM »

Chiefblackbear - so far from your posts you've proven to be just another bullshit commentator with nothing constructive to reason. Get your reasoning coming from the heart or quit.

Ras_Nevoe

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 09:17:17 PM »

Chiefblackbear - so far from your posts you've proven to be just another bullshit commentator with nothing constructive to reason. Get your reasoning coming from the heart or quit.

^^^^^^^I SECOND THAT!
chiefblackbear

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2007, 08:04:20 PM »

I think of rastarai as a tool

The bible is the tool that enslaved Africa

The bible is the tool that was used to control and manipulate slaves

Leviticus 25: 44-46

EXODUS 21:20-21

Ephesians 6:5-8

Titus 2:9-10

Colossians 3:22-25

Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh
1 peter  2:18

The bible was used by martin luther king as a tool to fight for equal wrights and  justice for the nubians in the diaspora.

The bible was the tool that also inpired slaves that could read to challenge slavery
And lets not forget the one and only my hero nut turner.

Deutoronomy 23:15-16

So rastafarians use the bible as a tool to bridge the gap between them and africa and also to oppose colonial power.

But I never understand where haili selassi comes into the picture, if somebody could please explain to me  Ras_Nevoe, Kebo.

WHY THE MEN IS CALLED BY THE NAME JAH
Kebo

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2007, 08:44:43 PM »

The easy explanation of who Haile Selassie is relative to the Bible and why he is considered God is the belief that HIM is the return of Jesus Christ. In the book of Relevations the returned Jesus is called the Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah and King of Kings Lords of Lords. Ras Tafari Makonnen's name changed when he became Emperor of Ethiopia to Haile Selassie (power of the trinity), King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah. Then his life proceeded to fulfill prophecy.

Ras_Nevoe

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2007, 04:25:46 AM »

.......................and the prophecy was foretold by the "Honorable Marcus Garvey I" who was the founder and leader of the United Negro Improvement Association(U.N.I.A.) which was located in the United States (I believe it was Harlem New York specifically, I could be wrong). At the time that the Hon. Marcus I prophecized about the “coming of a KING” the most dominant negro spiritual movement throughout most of the world was "ETHIOPIANISM", which was a result of the U.N.I.A. Movement itself. Now Marcus Garvey and others who followed the doctrine of Ethiopianism supported the prophecy with a verse from the bible as follows.

Psalms 68:31  —  Princes shall come out of Egypt; Ethiopia shall soon stretch out her hands unto God.

RASTAFARI on the other hand was a spiritual movement that spontaneously developed in the grimiest ghettoes of "Kingston Jamaica", the only founder that is known and recognized is Leonard P. Howell(not Haile Selassie). Rastafari like Ethiopianism was a result of the teachings of the Hon. Marcus I. Rastafarians also believed in the prophecy and looked to the east in faith that, “Princes shall come out of Egypt [and] Ethiopia shall soon stretch out her hands unto God.”

In 1930 “the prophecy” rang true, when Ras Tafari Makonnen, a descendant of King Solomon and the Queen of Sheba was crowned Emperor Of Ethiopia. He then changed his name to Haile  Selassie, meaning “Power of the Trinity” or “Might of the Trinity”. He took on the titles  King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah, Elect of God, Light of this World.

It says in the book of revelations that only the Conquering Lion of Judah can open the 7 Seals. Please keep in mind that H.I.M. Haile Selassie I did not ever present himself as the Messiah. He regarded himself as the Protector of The Faith. These are some bible verses that support t Haile Selassies Divinity.

The verses are as follows:

Deuteronomy 17: 18-19  ----  And it shall be, when he sits upon the throne of his kingdom, that he shall write him a copy of this law in a book out of that which is before the priests the Levites: And it shall be with him, and he shall read therein all the days of his life: that he may learn to fear the Lord his God, to keep all the words of this law and these statutes, to do them.

Revaltions 5: 2  ----  Who is worthy to open the book and to break its seals?

Revelation 5: 3   ----  and no one in heaven or on the earth or under the earth was able to open the book or to look into it? 

Revelation 5: 5   ----  .…Look, the Lion that is from the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has overcome so as to open the book and its seven seals.

Zechariah 6: 12-13   ----  And speak to him, saying, So speaks the Lord of hosts, saying, Look the man whose name is The Branch; and He shall grow up out of His place, and He shall build the temple of the Lord: Even He shall build the temple of the Lord; and He shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon His throne; and He shall be a priest upon His throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.

Now after the coronation of H.I.M. Haile Selassie I (King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah) Marcus Garvey wrote a statement called ”Rastafari  Prophecy” in his Jamaican newspaper, The Black Man. I will finish this post with the entire statement by by the Hon. Marcus I.

Hope I helped…………………

PEACE

RAS NEVOE: Da Prophet
Ras_Nevoe

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2007, 04:37:19 AM »

Rastafari Prophecy

Author: Marcus Garvey
Published: November 8, 1930
publication: The Black Man

Last Sunday, a great ceremony took place at Addis Ababa, the capital of Abyssinia. It was the coronation of the new Emperor of Ethiopia -- Ras Tafari. From reports and expectations, the scene was one of great splendor, and will long be remembered by those who were present. Several of the leading nations of Europe sent representatives to the coronation, thereby paying their respects to a rising Negro nation that is destined to play a great part in the future history of the world. Abyssinia is the land of the blacks and we are glad to learn that even though Europeans have been trying to impress the Abyssinians that they are not belonging to the Negro Race, they have learned the retort that they are, and they are proud to be so.

Ras Tafari has traveled to Europe and America and is therefore no stranger to European hypocrisy and methods; he, therefore, must be regarded as a kind of a modern Emperor, and from what we understand and know of him, he intends to introduce modern methods and systems into his country. Already he has started to recruit from different sections of the world competent men in different branches of science to help to develop his country to the position that she should occupy among the other nations of the world.

We do hope that Ras Tafari will live long to carry out his wonderful intentions. From what we have heard and what we do know, he is ready and willing to extend the hand of invitation to any Negro who desires to settle in his kingdom. We know of many who are gone to Abyssinia and who have given good report of the great possibilities there, which they are striving to take advantage of.

The Psalmist prophesied that Princes would come out of Egypt and Ethiopia would stretch forth her hands unto God. We have no doubt that the time is now come. Ethiopia is now really stretching forth her hands. This great kingdom of the East has been hidden for many centuries, but gradually she is rising to take a leading place in the world and it is for us of the Negro race to assist in every way to hold up the hand of Emperor Ras Tafari.
Ras_Nevoe

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2007, 04:50:47 AM »

Ras_Nevoe

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2007, 04:51:26 AM »

Please keep in mind that H.I.M. Haile Selassie I did not ever present himself as the Messiah. He regarded himself as the Protector of The Faith[/I].

I would like to make a correction, it is not "Protector of the Faith" it is "Defender of the Faith". I tried to correct it in the same post but it was passed the edit limit.(whatever that means)

PEACE.
chiefblackbear

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2007, 06:44:24 PM »

A research in Belgium showed that 19 million Congolese where exported into America from 1515 and onwards during the transatlantic slave trade.

There is a Bantu proverb that says a tree that is in water does not change into a crocodile.

More then 70% of the Nubian or Bantus, who where exported to Jamaica where also from ancient Congo.

Somewhere in Brazil there are Nubians with the names NZINGA, MPANZU or MBINLA names also found in Haiti or Jamaica and various over Bantu countries.

What are the differences between Haiti, Jamaica and Brazil? In Haiti they practice voodoo or Vanda <<<<<<this is what the batetela people of central Congo call voodoo, voodoo or vanda is also practiced in brazil.

I have not been to Jamaica but I know that Jamaicans practice rastafarai. Does this mean that they are no longer Nubian or Bantus because they probably do not practice voodoo or vanda?

Ras_Nevoe

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2007, 10:16:41 AM »

too much propoganda, I can't participate in that..............either you're a white devil trying to mislead the bredren/sistrens or you are a black mercenary trying to mislead our people. either way I got no love so 1 urself.
chiefblackbear

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2007, 10:36:12 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bantu

According to Wikipedia.com bantus populate the south of Africa and mixed races populate the north not including ethiopia.

we cant deny our heritage forever.

chiefblackbear

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2007, 10:56:28 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afro-Asiatic

according to wikipedia.co afro-asiatic people are none bantu, they have none bantu languages and none bantu cultures this includes ethiopians.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: