Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:34:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 60 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Special Reasonings Archive
| | |-+  White Rastas confused between beliefs & cultur
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: White Rastas confused between beliefs & cultur  (Read 102302 times)
c-spot_rasta

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2003, 07:53:59 PM »

well tell me this wat do you understand the qoute to mean do u understand it to mean africa is were the africans deserve to b or do you understand it as no whites allowed see where i was confused i just did not understand the qoute completely bcuz it was just those 4 words and i have only been a rasta for a short time and have not heard all these speeches and qoutes so i apologize for n e stupidity on my behalf and i would like to thank you  4 explaining it to me

but i dont understand how n e 1 could possibly take the last qoute u rote as racism all it sez is that africans want to fight untill all men r equal how can that possibly b missinterpreted as racist unless its by some 1 who is a bigget and doesnt want to get crowded in on there cushy white world.

c i tried to make it clear that i was not just a rasta for the "goodies" i beileve completely in destroying european opression and i no that this is nowhere close but i have one of those gifts of the holy spirits i forget what it is called but it means u r good at placing urself in someone elses shoes now i know this is far form actually experiencing black suffering but i would alo like to point out that europeans discriminate amongst themselves im scottish (actually im a bunch of different things im even part somali but that was such a long time ago it has been lost in my families bloodline) and they've been opresed by the english for close to a thousand years and scotland is still trying to seperate to this day, now not on the same level as africans and dont get me wrong im not comparing the 2 but i'm just trying to point out that europeans do know what oppresion feels like and i do want to "CONTINUE TO FIGHT until there are equal rights and justice for all men under the sun"

well sorry about the misunderstandin agen and im sorry also if its hard to understand my writing but i have so much thoughts and things i want to say going threw my mind its hard for me to get them all out and i am sure i am still forgeting some
livelyup

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2003, 09:26:27 PM »

Greetings,

racism can express itself in an almost endless variety of ways. What rasta does to white people (myslef included) is force us into a position where for the first time in our lives we are forced to confront things we have taken for granted, the colour of our skin, our 'culture', and the status that these things give us in relation to the vast bulk of the worlds population.

Any time that a person is forced to confront something important that they have never thought about before some pain is likely to result. Change frequently involves a little suffering. I stress a little, because it is small scale compard to the s***t that most of the worlds population has to eat on a daily basis.

And when you have finally arrived at this new place when your intellect starts to grasp the enormity of the evil that is going on every day, and finally start to comprehend how most of the world looks at white people, horror of horrors black people still wont 'accept' you. Fancy that....

In order to overstand why this may be the case I would ask my fellow caucasian friends to conduct a little though experiment. Hunt back through your own ancestral history to find a time when your own people were being hammered from pillar to post by some oppressor. For myself it was the english, who did a fine line in persecution for quite a while there. Allow yourself to fully feel the fury that can only come from being constantly hounded and downpressed. Now comes the good bit. Instead of it being some vague historical set of events that you have to connect to, imagine that all of this is happening to you RIGHT NOW.

And that is the problem, I for one have absolutely no idea what is like to be constantly shafted by everything and everyone around me simply because of the way that I look. With a bit of luck I never will. I can intellectually understand it, but feel it? No way. So I dont pretend to. I can sympathise (although i detest the term sympathiser), ocassionally help, and offer support, but the bottom line is that due to historical circumstance the hand that is delivering the injustice is the same color as mine. There is no getting around this.

So... the next thing people are likely to say is that "I can't help being born the colour that I am". True enough. But then again neither can black people, and if you think that being born into a state of priveledge, and then subsequently being treated with suspicion by some black people is hard, I would simply ask that you consider being incarnated into a black skin must be like. So, while you cannot help being born into a white skin, you can sure as hell do what you can (and more) to be conciously aware of what your skin colour means, all of the time. I imagine that black people have to do this, and it is about time that we did to.

Which brings me at last to the strange ways that we white people can be racist, including my personal favorite, guilt based reverse racism. Now the reverse I am talking about here is not the cliched "black people are being mean about me being white" thing. Instead I am talking about the desperate need that some people have to be accepted by black people, actually not just accepted, but loved. All that I can say is get over it. You could be the very incarnation of compassion, wisdom, and love, and still not everyone is going to 'like' you. heaven forbid, they may even argue a little with you. if this happens try and remember the following advice. Stay calm, relax, dont let it get you down. And most of all, think before you respond. The lives that black people lead are different to yours. Their lives FEEL different to live, and we can NEVER really know that is to experience. We (generally) share a language, institutions, and infrastructure, but the rest is different, so dont be surprised if your good intentions come in for some stick, it is not like people like us have exactly covered our reputation in glory. We have much to live down, and the only way to do this is by example. If you are hurt by the reactions that you get, meditate upon why you so desperately needed to be accepted. This is no club, it is a way of life, and you dont need anyones permission to practice it.

I am, by the way, not advocating being ashamed of who and what we are. White people have managed to contribute much to the world, the trouble is that have collectively fallen in love with power, and with new things, and have forgotten our own roots. But it is important to know just what it means to everyone else that you are white, and that these suspicions are born of lives that have been lived under centuries of some of our ancestors behaving like pigs. It will take generations to allay these fears, not a few well meaning e-mails.

Love and life
paul

p.s. Rootswoman, I appreciate the poetry of what you wrote, but my ancestors never 'crawled' for anyone or anything. Many of them may have been muderous racist bastards, but whatever else you can say about them they were, and are, a proud bunch. Just ask the English about how good the folk of Erin are at crawling.....
okello

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2003, 09:31:56 PM »

really, white people can be rastas? I thought that is a black privelege/heritage and godilocks is not al loud is the bear's cabin.

interesting. i will explorer the doctrin further.

okello

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2003, 09:48:15 PM »

by god man, you talk as if black people are blameless the eyes of Jah as a nation or individuals. remember what wesley snipes said. in a russian rulet, always bet on black, well heres one. it takes both colours to play the game and the game has been afoot my friend.

now, the black gene is as empiralistic and as Ka Kniving as the white, red or yellow gene.

for the obvious, rastas should be more inclusive of other cultures, picking the ripe and discarding the rot. Unless you are a RaCiSt ofcourse.

shame on you.
c-spot_rasta

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2003, 11:05:47 PM »

pkello r u directing that at me?
ROOTSWOMAN

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2003, 10:11:06 AM »

Greetings,

I appreciate your response.  Thank you.  To answer your question about what Afrika for the Afrikan means, well, it is rather self-explanatory, isnt it?  No need to intellectualize it, or look for any special hidden meaning, right?  Afrika for the Afrikan. Simple.

Raspectfully,

ROOTS

SANKOFA!
ROOTSWOMAN

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2003, 10:12:53 AM »

Thank you Paul for your words.  In regards to the term crawling out of caves, this was used metaphorically, not pointing fingers at anyone in particular.  Even Europeans depict themselves (cavemen) as such.  Im speaking about the barbaric man that crawled out of the Caucus Mountains while the Afrikan and First World Nations were already living in High Culture/Civilizations.

If it doesnt apply to you or yours, let it fly, seen?

1LUV

ROOTS

SANKOFA!
ROOTSWOMAN

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2003, 10:21:49 AM »

Greetings Okello,

I would like to address the following comment:

by god man, you talk as if black people are blameless the eyes of Jah as a nation or individuals. remember what wesley snipes said. in a russian rulet, always bet on black, well heres one. it takes both colours to play the game and the game has been afoot my friend. now, the black gene is as empiralistic and as Ka Kniving as the white, red or yellow gene. for the obvious, rastas should be more inclusive of other cultures, picking the ripe and discarding the rot. Unless you are a RaCiSt ofcourse.  
shame on you.

It goes without saying.  Afrikan People have and do wrong.  No one is suggesting that we are FREE of sin.  Having said that,  no man on the face of this earth has left a bloodier trail everywhere he has set foot like the western man. None have committed genocides and global crime like the western man.  If we were to weight the deeds of nations on the Celestial Scales of Justice, the western mans wicked deeds would absolutely outweigh any other.

Afrikan people, in the face of this HELL weve been living in (a white mans heaven is a Black Mans hell), have remained the most FORGIVING PEOPLE ON THE FACE OF THIS EARTH.  While whipped and raped, sold and killed, we suckled his children at our breast.  We still extend overstanding and love.  We still allow them into our communities and movements.  So all this talk of us being racist is not only grossly incorrect, but absolutely impossible.  Why?  Ill tell you:

Because in order to be RACIST you must belong to the collective which finds itself in the economical and political position of power to institutionalize racism.  We do not find ourselves in such a position.  Instead we REACT to racism.

Big difference.

ROOTS

SANKOFA!
c-spot_rasta

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2003, 04:31:57 PM »

i wasnt searching for a hidden meaning or nothin its just the first time i saw it thats wat i took it to mean.
Princess Tracey

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2003, 07:57:07 PM »

Greetings Rootswoman ,

Finally a chance to respond...and clarify some of the sentiments behind the words...

First off sis, let me say, that it was a little disappointing to hear that out of everything I discussed, the ONLY thing noted that you deemed worthy to pick out of the whole discussion,
was the sense of  "guilt based reversed discrimination"...  
"accusations".."white priviledge" and flippin the script withthat I "said" you no want white people hangin around...instead of that I said,  it "seems"..which is "implied.".. not "statement"..

Firstly, let me tell you some things about myself...briefly please..

I am not a Rastafarian woman...though truly, Rastafari has opened its gates to me, and calls to I Spirit in many conscious ways, and certainly..."he who KNOWS it..DOES FEEL it!!)))...yes YES!..I break bread with several enlightning individuals who respect me for who I am, what I bring to the table...and graciously offer their assistance with innasightful conscious reasonings, guidance, wisdom, and knowledge, within the realms of spiritual growth and personal development ..they..are helping me to "see"..and Rasta is a door that has opened, that I have chosen to walk through to enhance and further my spiritual education...I am learning much about history and culture through many things at this time...it is an unfolding processs. I find I am welcome in some Rasta courts of reasonings, to find deep council, and realizations into the essence of truth, and of what life means within that essence of that truth ..I am grateful for such kindred spirits who avail themselves to help me to GROW and SEE...Adupe!

Now Sistren Roots...when I first came to this board a short while back...and started to read some of YOUR posts in particular...I was astounded by the depth and scope and amazing ability you had to relate historical information with such clarity, insight, and knowledge...truly sis...not only was I quite impressed with your far reaching tentacles of knowledge...but also rather enjoyed learning and growing from reading all the plethora of informative info...but after awhile, I began to notice something..and that was your ATTITUDE
and how you tended to USE your vast wealth of information, knowledge, and intellect, to drive home your personal insperiances, opinions..and historical facts.. indeed..highly informative...but what then was your purpose when you come with this "us" against "them" mentality pon the board... what then becomes your great insightful intellectual knowledge if it seeks to destroy and become a sword of great divisivness and separation...so then it make me question Roots..what are YOUR motivations?...and what is your purpose?..for I do think many could speak and reason with you without such hostility....when I read your responses..it be like you want to go at it...fight with ones and ones verbally...you higher....dem lower...point against point.. really sis...I had expected more from a sistren of substance...where is thy spirit?..thy FRUIT of thy spirit??

Now I know you have many supporters here who hail you as the great wize ROOTS...and I can tell you...that much of that admiration IS indeed most well DESERVED...for truly, though you can only speak for YOURSELF..I know you give "voice"
to MANY who sight and concurr with you...and appreciate all your hard efforts for also helping them to overstand their roots, culture, and heritage on a deeper level...and I must tell you Roots... I ALSO sight many things AS wELL from you..  though from a different lenz...but when that attitude come out..or what you call FIYAH...notice how the walls of DEFENSE go up ...and not just from me...you willing to check dis??

Hear me well...I have absolutley not one qualm to bicker with you over the state of racism within our country and around the globe...truth is truth...fact is fact..and there it is..
one doesn't have to look very far to see ignorance..and the state of things THIS day... I acknowledge it...
and WORK HARD to be a mover of positive change..

might I also say...that some of the white comments on this thread and around the board are enough to make one stick their fingers down their throat and PUKE...and I sight highly on many occasions with the sentiments of the  offended Idrens..that DO make the many points of reasoning...the thing is...how and how we do it... so that it bears FRUIT!.. I check myself quickly before I go rush to judge...because I am a respector of "divine process"...and know there are reasons and seasons for being where one is at... and just because one's don't get it...at least they are here...TRYING to get it...at least most are it seems...so who will show dem the way??...lest they turn away??..what then is the purpose served if it does nothing for the betterment of the KINGDOM??

...and so this love of mine that I extend to cover such things...is not all that pink and fluff "one love" stuff...no...
it is for REAL...this is my FIYAH the kind that comes from the FATHER from me to you and you to me because we are all from HIM...part and particle of the WHOLE..

which by the way...

what did you think of Father Jah Lightnings Words?

fireball love Roots!

ROOTSWOMAN

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2003, 09:54:18 PM »

Greetings,

The first that comes to mind is an Afrikan proverb:

"I pointed the Universe/Kosmos for you, but all you saw was my fingertip"...

I would like to say that no matter how InI may sight gross contradictions, patronizing words dressed up with "respect", InI appreciaLOVE all perspectives.

Secondly, I do not post to be recognized as "the Great" anything. My sharing is not with the intention to be applauded, stroked, or agreed with. Anyone who has TRULY overstood my words would KNOW this.  I share what InI sight as Truth and what has been handed down from InI Ancestors.  As a RastaWoman on a RASTA BOARD, InI will share TRUTH without apology IRREGARDLESS of whom it may offends or displease. Seen?

Your perceptions of my words as being about "us" against "them" is grossly warped.  But such is your divine right.  See it as you will. And I can respect that. However, that is far from the intentions of my words.  The "us" against "them" has never been reflective of the Afrikan Nature, historically and collectively speaking. Nor in my words. I spoke clearly about working in LIASON with us.  So, as they say "if the cap fit wear it"...sis, I gracefully reject and return that "cap" to you as I wear a the Crown of MA'AT (Truth, Justice, Wisdom, Balance).

If you sight my words as being divisive ones, then you'd have to accuse the Honorable Marcus Garvey (cornerstone of RasTafari) of the same.  His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie, father of Pan Afrikanism would be judged "gilty" as well.  So would Malcom X, and many of our Revolutionary WARRIORS.

I do not seek yours, or anyone else's approval sista.  I have spoken the meditations of my heart, which I ask only JAH to find acceptable, seen?  Our Ancestors speak through us, and if you, as a non-rasta woman, and a non Afrikan woman find that "dissapointing"...so be it.  I'm in the bizzness of UPLIFTING AFRIKAN PEOPLE, wether white folx or anyone else approves or not.  And I'm relentless, in the Spirit of Queen Nyabingi, Yaa Asantewaa, Nzinga and Queen Nanny!

Truth is an offence, but never ever a sin.

No apologies.

In saying that, I would like to ask you the following:

What REALLY "dissapointed" or offended you in my words, as I invite you to read them again and point out to me WHERE i have promoted hatred of anyone.  Meditate pon that sis, and mek I know what REALLY bothered you.

I was clear about speaking on the HISTORICAL COLLECTIVE PATTERNS OF BABYLON (european supremacy) and its PRESENT AFFECT OF AFRIKAN PEOPLE, in relation to your post.

I also made sure to share a very insightful post on white skin priviledge written by a white man.  This all relates to your original post, but somehow, and understandebly so...you missed that part, as I suppose only a people who are DIRECTLY and GENERATIONALLY AFFECTED by this European Global Racist ORder (babylon) can really have the EYES TO SEE and the EARS TO HEAR that nothing in my words calls to "hate whitey".  The only seperation I've spoken of is that which the european has caused among InI, as they do not OVERSTAND (to its fullest) OUR CULTURE AND "beleifs" as your original post asks.

ROOTS

SANKOFA!
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2003, 12:44:20 AM »

Warriorprincess first let me apologize for not answering to your post earlier. I got caught up with work and did not have time to come back on the board until now.

Many on this board, I do believe ROOTSWOMAN included appreciated your comments on this topic, I certainly do. For it is important for us to learn as much about you (white people) as it is for you to learn as much about us (Black people) to the sake of understanding and progress. Warriorprincess you must understand where we are coming from based on the enormous amount of injustice, mischief your people have done and STILL do to us! When Conscious AFRICANS and Rastafarian Bethren and Sistren delivered from MENTAL slavery actually see the truth about who is their real ENEMY and SEE that the Enemy purposely do so to DESTROY US. It really hard for us to not distrust them and even DETESTS them! Realize our Pain, our Humiliation of being trapped in alien lands here (the Caribbean, US, Europe) where we were tortured, raped and utilized. And today where we are STILL not socially and economically recognized how HARD we try. We are being  brainwashed, mocked and bamboozled! HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF IT WAS DONE TO YOU AND YOUR PEOPLE? Have you lost your roots, your Identity, your lands, your NAME, your Dignity? Are they still ruthlessly denied from you? And any chances of real UNIFICATION and ELEVATION with your people is systematically contrived and Ruined? Now most of our Blacks Brothers and Sisters lost hope, they are lost in Babylon working for the Enemy who benefit by dividing us and continue to destroy all of us.

RASTAFARI came out of AFRICANS! For the relief, REVIVAL, Hope of AFRICANS, to appease our torment, to give us Direction, PRIDE, to Hail and Unite the Black Race! It came from the Toil, the teachings and Wisdom of the Great WARRIOR, LEADER, PROPHET and BLACK Nationalist MARCUS MOSIAH GARVEY reinforced by the Magnificence and LOVE of JAH HAILE SELAISSIE I, the FATHER of CREATION! They come from the Beautiful ALKEBULAN! THEY ARE AFRIKANS, RASTAFARI Past and Present, our Humanity, AFRIKANS! None can experience RASTAFARI -I believe- BETTER than Africans because Rastafari is about the essence of being African. It comes form within the African essence! How can a privileged one comprehend, transcend the truth of Rastafarim bred out the Babylonien Superiority EDUCATION and prerogatives, when one never has to fight, overcome anything? Despite all the reasoning, the awareness I say white people still cannot FEEL, express RASTAFARISM in its purity. What are the African ROOTS in the Caucasian? What runs through their vain other than curiosity and a mere empathy? Surely it is not PAIN compare to us. Whites and people of Mongoloid andr Semite descent will never comprehend and excel in Rastafarim because their inherent nature is NOT BLACK/AFRICAN indispensable/source, I say truth of RASTAFARI! Consider me racist if you want. I will find it IRONIC, because Blacks have never expressed racism with the same INTENSITTY and RAGE as the Semite or the Caucasian. No! They have not and if they do they have been taught and tricked to. Racism, intolerance, HATRED by Africans has always benefited to the oppressor and in rare case TO THE OPPRESOR anyway! Check the ongoing Genocide (since 1996) in the Great Lakes Region between the supra-rich Natural CONGO DRC (MY COUNTRY where I was born) and Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi. Who benefit from the war, the Massacres, the Genocides? Who sell us weapons in credit? Who benefit form this cheap and unfair trade of Diamonds, OIL and all  of our other valuable resources to get weapons? Not US, not our lost Africans Brothers and Sisters but the WEST/ BABYLON! They benefit from the thousands of thousands of death of our people and the destabilization our HOME AFRICA so we will NEVER organize, so we will NEVER keep our young/ brave men and women ALIVE and get a hold of our own NATURAL RESSOURCES become Independent and regain our POWER!

So conscious Blacks, true Rastafarians/AFRICANS are careful to NOT be RACIST. Haters we are not. We only reacting to your trickery, mischief and selfishness! We WILL protect ourselves, our culture, our essence no matter what! RASTAFARISM is OURS! Our unique tool of SURVIVAL sent by HAILE SALAISSE I JAH ALMIGHTY.  You white people who say you care, do not stand idle with futile justifications. You should get over our distrust because it will REMAIN, as long as there are INJUSTICE, RACISM and CRIMES against our people! Convince us you comprehend our Pain by removing it! You MUST fight Babylon EVIL mentality, institutions, Mis-Education if you really mean to change our plight in this world. You are  Impostors if you do not!

Warrirorprincess I want to believe you are one of the very few Caucasian who mean good. So go on change the most Ignorant and Arrogant Caucasians you can because you have the POWER you evolve around them, you are one of them. They surely will pay more Attention to you and TRUST you than us! Teach them TOLERANCE, RESPECT and COMPASSION for all the HUMAN RACE. Like me TALK, TALK until you cannot, out of breath. LEAD by your examples and always Remain firm under any circumstances be it scorn, EVIL or threat! GO TO AFRICA help BLACK Brothers and Sisters THERE, they are the ones who need HELP, HEALING the MOST... When we will SEE you and more of your kind doing this, only then we will believe you! We don't need your empathy if it is only hanging around us, remain idle by JUST learning (copy) our ways and history..

Let's crush Babylon NOW. HAILE SELAISSE I JAH ALMIGHTY is the LEADER. Strength and POWER is with H.I.M. For only the Courageous, the SINCERE and the Righteous shall rest in ZION! No one else!

SisKelani-

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
Tyehimba
Tyehimba

RastafariSpeaks

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2003, 05:06:27 AM »

Greetings All

Afrika for Afrikans, those at home and those abroad.

I sight this term as meaning that the resources of Afrika must be controlled by Afrikans for the primary benefit of Afrika. Imperialistric/colonial parasites who have sucked Afrika wealth must be put out and our land and resources reclaimed. This involves evicting de beers and reclaiming our land in Zimbabwe and other places. Putting out those farmers who still have the audacity to still be there. Europeans controls Europe, Americans control America and Afrikans must control Afrika.

White Supremacy controls the movements of this material world and black people have felt the brunt of this force.  White supremacy is inbedded in blacks and whites alike just like Gender Discrimination is inbedded in both males and females.

Whites have difficulties unstanding the full extent of white supremacy the same way that males have a hard time understanding the full extent of gender discrimination.

A lot of people want to ignore racial issues and think that people could just unite and love one another just so. Nah, it can't happen so

Black/white issues are important in the whole process of spiritual development. On higher levels of spirituality, race and gender takes on less of a meaning (in a personal sense) because one would have  would have already transcended that. But until that time comes when poeple are less ignorant of how white supremacy and gender supremacy benefits them, they will be able to do no better than patronising attitudes that we all come across in day to day interaction.

In spite of the damage that has been wrought on this world by the renk force of white supremacy, i don't hate white  people.
And i don't dismiss all of them either. It's not them i'm against, it's the ignorance and superiority complexes that are perpetuated by the vast majority that i'm against. Everyone has their own divine role to play.
Technology is concentrated in the hands of whites, many of which are american, and as a result the msot views that we coe across on the WWW are western/american views. And this has affected the content and quality of a lot of Rastafari sites. Marcus Garvey, Lumumba, Nkrumah, Walter Rodney, Jomo Kenyatta are being whitewashed from Rastafari. We are seeing hordes of dreadlocked/ganja smoking /reggae listening/Selassie,one love chanting/individuals wearing marley t-shirts who are trapped by the bible  and who continously lean pon their own misundestandings and insecurities. While this is part of the learning/evolution process, it must not be the hallmark of Rastafari, it is not the legacy that we must leave. A ot of so called rastafarians i have come across perpetuate a lot of the brainwashing and myths (that have been often ingrained in their consciouness) of the same colonial forces that they claim to be against. I have met few few few few people who i would call rastafarians. But of  course people are free to call themselves what ever they want.
Afrikan people and non-Afrikan people must both examine themselves and retrospect on the forces that make tham what they are. Why do i act this way? why am i so hostile/arrogant/defensive etc when a certian topic is raised.

Ii consider my blackness not to be a badge of serviliy but rather a banner for uncompromsiign revolutionary activity. Let the reasonings continue with the aim of higher self development.

Aluta Continua
Ras Tyehimba
IanI

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2003, 07:24:24 AM »

Greetings All,

"Europeans controls Europe, Americans control America and Afrikans must control Afrika."
Give thanks.

This statement a quite true... however...
when one knows history ones knows that the people of the world are a migrated people. Some will-fully, some need-fully and some force-fully. The reason I mention this is because when I hear "Americans", I get a bit uncomfortable.
I know the history of "america"... all of the americas...
and the people that are "american"... are the same people that colonized Africa. And primarily, though not exclusively, for the same purpose...
exploitation of natural resources.
Everyone that knows history should know that people been exploiting people and resources of others for a very long time.
And it is the mentality that allows this activity to continue that MUST be changed.
No one people have the right to overcome and destroy another!

Just ask the people... the few that a left... in the americas whose ancestors were there when the europeans arrived.
Or the people who's ancestors were forced there in slavery.

IanI cannot change the past... but the present and the future are ours!

Truth-full education is the ONLY way ones and ones will ever be able to change the mentality!
While IanI firmy say "Africa for Africans!"...
IanI also say..."America for Native Americans!"...
and... "Australia for Native 'Aborigini'...
and... "Palistine for Palistinians"...
and so forth and so on.
What do IanI mean by all a this?

I mean that as Ones and Ones become more and more AWARE...
the issue of 'human rights' becomes the essential issue.
And the teachment of the true history is essential for each and every one upon the planet to know and overstand the VITAL importance of...
HUMAN RIGHTS!
Where each and every one a we come to the overstanding that everyone has them right to them LIFE!
It is an upliftment of the Consciousness of everyone.

Nobody gonna be able to 'kick out' all a the colonizers in all a the places them a gone to in the hundreds a years them been doing it. Whether it be the Arabs in the North African continent... or the europeans in the "americas"... and so forth.
But...
IanI DO HAVE the ability and opportunity to UPLIFT we CONSCIOUSNESS and WORK towards a world where people RESPECT and APPRECIATE one another... and appreciate the earth we been given to share and protect.

But unless IanI are willing to learn the TRUTH and SEE it FULLY...
to change the mentality...
to WORK towards the upliftment...
nothing no never gonna change. Native 'american' gonna be kept down and stay disrespected... Native Australian gonna be abused and degraded... Amazonian tribes gonna be uprooted and put to death... Tibetans gonna be ruthlessly kept in subjugation by the Chinese...
and Africans are gonna be exploited and decimated.

And ALL people, in ALL places and ALL races have this obligation.
Anyone and everyone...
IanI Rastafari no overlook nor ignore anyone in them struggle for EQUALITY...
or in them struggle to LEARN the TRUTH!

BIG UP...
Ones and Ones!
IanI a learn to LIVE LOVE!
FORWARD...

ONE LOVE/HEART/MIND
IanI Rastafari
Guidance and protection  
ROOTSWOMAN

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2003, 08:00:48 AM »

Blessed SABAtical Vibrations to the Collective,

InI give MUCH thanks for the word sound and powah expressed by Idrens Sis Kelani, Ras Tyehimba and IanI!

How good and pleasant to know that there are some who sight and accept TRUTH as it is presented and for what it is, without offence or replies laced with obvious patronizing tones.

AFRIKA FOR THE AFRIKAN AT HOME AND ABROAD!!!!!!!!!

RASTAFARIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROOTS

SANKOFA!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: