Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:31:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 59 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Special Reasonings Archive
| | |-+  A Struggling Rasta's View of Black/White Rastas
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A Struggling Rasta's View of Black/White Rastas  (Read 18111 times)
Kingston

RastafariSpeaks .com

« on: June 11, 2003, 12:47:24 PM »

Greetings to all,

I have read, re-read, thought and pondered for quite some time now on the issue of white Rastas and how we are viewed by others and I have this to say.

The power of Jah's love in my heart is something that is a
truth, like thecoming of a new day my sweet friends.

Jah's love in your heart is the same. It cannot be 'told' away.

Rasta's are people and each of our people will spend this life working toward Zion. The very nature of mankind is imperfection and Rasta or not,we all have our own challenges. Your relation with Jah is exactly that.... your relation with Jah.

If a person came to you and said, "You do not know
how to love, so you cannot love anymore!" you would not quit loving... but lovingly ignore this person's advice.

When a Rasta discourages another Rasta, for whatever reason, are they truly being Rasta? Are they demonstrating Jah's love? Are they assisting their brethren?

Jah's people should emanate the radiant love of Jah to one another and the whole of mankind. Each rasta should give like the rays of a new sun.

This is the essence of Rastafari... it is also the path to Zion.
My sweet brothers and sisters, you have my most sincere apologies for the challenges given to you by our brethren.

It is hard to understand why we receive the challenges we do sometimes. Perhaps you will find it in your heart to let go of
this heavy load, and let this bad information or advice fall to
the wayside. You may even chose to assist other brethren like yourself with loving understanding, This would be the way of our people. It is the path to Zion.

Jah Rastafari... Crowned with many crowns... King of Kings
and Lord of Lords. I give thanks and praise.

Your humble servant.

..Kingston..

..Understanding Truth and My Place in it..
EMPRESS_MINEE

RastafariSpeaks.com

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2003, 01:37:33 PM »

GREETINGS RASTA MAN

I HERE YOUR VOICE LOUD AND CLEAR I AGREE WITH YOU.
THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS KEEPING JAH FIRST AND THE PEACE AND LOVE WILL WALK IN TO PLACE.  

PEACE & RESPECT
                                    MINEE
Rootsie

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2003, 03:41:43 PM »

dear Kingston,

To challenge one another is to bring growth. And yes it is a loving stance. Do not question the reason for challenge! If you feel uncomfortable, go with it. That is where you need to grow. Listen without defensiveness. It is not loving to just be sweet and let one go on in confusion and mistakes. The black and white conversation needs to take place. Platitudes of love and understanding are worse than nothing if we do not refine ourselves to the point where we begin to experience what true love and understanding really are. I know the ones who love me best challenge me most!
   You must not apologize for others.
rootsie
c-spot_rasta

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2003, 07:03:48 PM »

WELL SAID! I AGREE WITH YOU! You said what I feel but i'm bad with words.
Kingston

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2003, 10:16:20 AM »

Rootsie and all else,

Above you stated:

"I know the ones who love me best challenge me most!"

Now I believe that this is true however often I find My greatest abstacles are presented when another "enlightend" mind challenges I solely based on My exterior disposition.

It is then that I lose footing on this already treacherous path We have chosen to lead.

To further Your point I believe that it is only when a Rasta can learn from every Man that He is truley walking the path towards Zion.

One must find the strength lesson Jah provides in ruthless minds no matter how this lesson is being taught to Us.

I often think to Myself when confronted with these problems... Is it so terrible that Some act the way They act?

I think not for it is Jah's will that They be this way and We are to find the lesson being taught through these minds.  These type of minds are here to strengthen Us.

A truley courages Man is not a Man without fear, it is a Man that triumphs inspite and because of it.

Jah's humble servant,

..Kingston..

Rootsie

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2003, 05:29:26 AM »

Yes Bredren.

You speak in your post of the 'treacherous  path', and in your first post  "each of our people will spend his life working toward Zion." In fact both these observations are true enough in terms of  people's struggles toward development. But all I know is that for me there came a day, quite recent, when I real-eyes I am not 'waiting on the Lord' any more, for the Divine Essence is available to all here and now, and Zion is here and now. We do not have to wait until after we leave this body to experience the peace which passeth all understanding. 'Rest in Peace' is for here on earth. All of those words, Peace, Love, Truth, Justice, are attempts to decribe our pre-existent condition and so our birthright, but few choose to see it and BE it.

One European philosopher wrote, "There is beauty in suffering and vigor in tears, but one must not suffer like a man without hope." I loved my own suffering too much for a long long time, but we must NOT accept that suffering is  the beginning and end of the 'human condition.' I am not suggesting that you are saying this. I can only speak for myself.

The revelation of Rastafari unfolds to tell us that  the Book is done is done is done. Every promise fulfilled, every covenant kept. I am very simple-minded, just using the info provided. If Selassie I come in history and is who InI say HE is, then it done.

This is of course "counter-intuitive" and against the evidence we see all around us in this world. But in the stance we can then take toward life once we see this IS the manifestation of it. It is a new day. New Zion!

The recovery of our common history and the willingness to engage in the conversation about race, no matter how challenging and yes painful, is part of the solution, not part of the problem. True reasoning is about dropping one's defenses and truly engaging with what another is saying, even if it comes out sideways, even if it seems harsh.

Without truth, there can be no reconciliation.

Rootsie
uldeb

RastafariSpeaks.com

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2003, 06:58:53 AM »

What should happen to the person, who defines a rasta by they're place of birth or skin colour? If a person feels a conection with rastafari, but is white, is it their right to claim that part fo who they are. I am very confused at this part of my life and have been shy to say " I am a Rasta " because of the stereotypical thoughts surrounding our beautiful faith.

anythoughts would be appreciated,

peace- uldeb
Ayinde
Ayinde

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2003, 07:32:46 AM »

If you feel a connection to Rasta then that is good. In reality you can call yourself anything but if you really want to develop a relationship with others in the movement then you should learn more about your connection to African history from your closest cultural point of view. You should pay attention to the special issues of racial and gender discrimination in order that you become sensitive of the feelings and distrust of many Africans.

Some people appear to be all embracing at first glance but from my experiences the people who start from a position of distrust then wait for trust to develop are the smarter few. People should not easily dismiss the lessons of history. Although the cautious ones may appear to be throwing the baby out with the bathwater, in this life and death struggle for survival it is the safer position to adopt if one is not sure of the true motivations of others.

Distrust is not the same as hate. It is the necessary caution.

So welcome, and feel free to put your views on anything on the table.
Ras Mandingo

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2003, 07:28:56 AM »

Distrust is not the same as hate. It is the necessary caution.

Good point Ayinde. I told you before I learned this lesson from you:not to assume that people are friends in the first place and then getting dedieved by false assumptions or expectations from people. When we can reason, when we can dialogue (and not monologue) then trust can be built with time. It takes to reveal that we care and how we care.

I also remembered someone telling me here on this board that the opposite of love is FEAR and not hate as most people think.

Give thanks,

Mandingo.

Haile,
Wisdom, Knowledge, Strenght & Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kingston

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2003, 12:47:49 PM »

It is sad but a very true fact that there are many wovles that hide in sheep's clothing.  

Ayinde, although I belive We are meaning the same thought I would express it differently.

I do not feel We must enter new relations with People with distrust. That said, I do feel We must be cautious when meeting new brothers and sisters for this first time.  I feel as if I take a step back, observe, evaluate then decide how to approach.  

I have seen people do this when first meeting myself.

Some of the warmest smiles and hearts I have seen are from People that I felt may have been unaproachable at first.

Often times I have consfuesd humbleness with unintrest.

Meeting new people, Rasta or otherwise, is like moving into a new dwelling.  You must first familiarize yourself before you can feel truly comfortable.  

It is then you can have meaningful dialogue as Ras Mandingo says.

Jah's humble servant,

..Kingston..

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: