Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:22:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 59 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  SCIENCE, SOCIOLOGY, RELIGION
| |-+  Relationships and Gender Issues (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Multi-racial unions: Going Foriegn
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Multi-racial unions: Going Foriegn  (Read 7365 times)
Iniko Ujaama
InikoUjaama

« on: April 09, 2009, 04:49:43 PM »

Greetings All

I am from a coastal community in a Caribbean Island in an area with a concentration in touristic activity. A fair number of young men long for escapades with white females coming for the vacation and the feeling I deem may in some measure be reciprocated as many such unions(however brief do happen). Some even secure what they may deem as the peak of the pursuit, "being brought to foreign to live". I remember a half-white female performing a spoken word piece about the dreams of a young "rude boy" working in one of the hotels, of escaping to London or Paris or somewhere in Germany but never reaches near his goal as the white female came only for a brief escapade not to bring evidence of it back home with her, perhaps looking for her own escape. Being from a village in the midst of this touristic complex, I know of quite a few African males who have proceeded in everything from the brief escapade to marriage to divorce. I always wondered what experience is for a black male returns with a white female to her homeland in Europe or some other White country to live. This is the side of the story which I think the spoken word poet missed. How does one adapt to the new environment, the new social setting which may or may not be embracing of one and in which one knows few people. I have never been in a multi-relationship myself much less one in a country of majority European descent. I know of two cases which ended up in divorce and many which resulted in the white female continuing life in our island as opposed to moving everyone back to her homeland.
I would appreciate any views, thoughts etc
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: