Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:58:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 71 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  SCIENCE, SOCIOLOGY, RELIGION
| |-+  Science and Technology (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Are we Alone??
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Are we Alone??  (Read 13286 times)
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« on: September 21, 2003, 12:15:56 PM »

Are we alone in this gigantic Universe. If so or if not give me some reasons I'm just curious to know what people think about this..!

B.K

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
Tyehimba

RastafariSpeaks

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2003, 05:39:43 PM »

Are we alone in this gigantic Universe

I would say that that depends upon the definition of 'we'. If 'we' just encompasses Human being on the face of this earth then i would say that we are not alone, as there may be other manifestations of life elsewhere is other parts of the universe.

If one views the 'we' as including the divine essence inherent in this universe, we probably are alone, because i can perceive of nothing (where i am at now) as existing outside of that divine essence. The spark of our divine essence or cosmic consciousness can be linked directly to the source of all consciousness if a person engages the path of conscious self development.

If one distinguises between human being and the higher cosmic force when one says 'we', then 'we' are are not alone as there are higher powers that most people cannot directly perceive. There is energy constantly pulsing thorugh this universe.....ubiquitously. Personally i do not separate human being as being apart from this higher power. I think that we are all indirectly connected to this higher power and by our choices we can draw closer to being directly connected to the source of all consciousness.
RainMan

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2003, 11:37:18 AM »

I agree. We encompass the whole of the universe but outside of this universe, who are 'they' who are outside of 'we'?  But we as All the divine essence are alone because it is only 'us' whoever 'we' and the rest of them maybe.

Now, there is life out there and we are not alone, be it spiritually or physically..There is so much life which exist between you and me, vibrating at different levels that it's almost confusing.  There are 10 billion suns and each of them have planets that are conducive for life and that is only in this hemisphere of the cosmos alone.  To tell you how much there is out there is unlikely because there are no words in our words to tell you that.  To do that, you would have to ponder that outside your body because your brains have to have a relative sense of order.

So in conclusions, there is life out there and we are far from being alone.

The True Reigning of Man-I Call You Forth
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2003, 01:10:37 AM »

If one distinguises between human being and the higher cosmic force when one says 'we', then 'we' are are not alone as there are higher powers that most people cannot directly perceive. There is energy constantly pulsing thorugh this universe.....ubiquitously. Personally i do not separate human being as being apart from this higher power. I think that we are all indirectly connected to this higher power and by our choices we can draw closer to being directly connected to the source of all consciousness.

I agree,  ancient African mysticism and eastern philosophies give us a deeper state of consciousness in which the universe is experienced as a UNITY! However only a handful of individuals have ever reached this profound state of awareness Embarassed...

I also agree on the theory that we are not the only form of 'intelligent' life in the known Universe. Carl Sagan had some kind of equation to figure out the chances of other intelligent life in the universe (by intelligent he means able to contact us via radio technology) and the number came out being bigger than 100.

So like you all, I don't believe the Universe created only humanity as head of Creation in this big and expanding Universe, there should be other intelligent life like us or completely different from us. You never now...

Bantu-Kelani.

Carl Sagan - Cosmos
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0345331354/103-3000845-8222258?v=glance

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: