Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:05:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 99 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Rastafari (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Hi, I arabic and want to become more rasta.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hi, I arabic and want to become more rasta.  (Read 11491 times)
ziad

AfricaSpeaks.com

« on: September 22, 2003, 12:28:14 AM »

I dont know if I should start my dreads. I dont know if I can become a true rasta, because im not black. I believe in rasta all the way, the not being black things in the way. Any advice would help. thanks a lot Cry
natty_dread

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2003, 10:08:34 AM »

RasTafari is open to all walks of life there aint no place for class or race. If you feel it then you no it. color of skin should not matter because you say you are arabic are you of darker skin complexion than say Tony Blair. im taking that you are.
RasTafari is a black liberation movement, so you say well where do i fit in, it is up to the fairer skin complexion I.E me to educate their white priviledged friends about the struggle of black people today . Dread Locks don't just belong to RasTas the celts had them so did many other people most probably everyone 60,000 years ago and sooner to where we are today,
you say ''I believe in rasta all the way'' if you do then don let something as simple as skin color stop you from being who you are I dont know what others think but i see skin color as a permenant clothing we can never get rid of it instead love it for who we are  . As i was told If you have a calling you must go regardless of what others think, there will be BLack people who dont agree with white people joining the faith but if you are called you must go no matter what people say .  being black is not in the way it will be in the way if you make it a hurdle but hurdles can be jumped If you belive in Ras   Tafari and not just smoking weed then go if you only in it to smoke weed and pose to your friends then there aint no place
I am White And i belive more than anything in Ras  Tafari Eternal god selassieI

To make eveything come true we have to be together through the spirit of the most high emperor haile selassie I
Burt4x4

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2003, 03:22:31 PM »

I have learned that Rasta start from within. Finding your Lion from within, morality, positive, brethren & sistren toward all.. InI one love.....
Best of luck on your journey
Rootsie

Rootsie.com

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2003, 06:01:21 PM »

Yes the Lion within. And not REPRESENT, but BE.
Building character. Engaging our history, both personal and collective.
Serious efforts, otherwise 'One Love' is just empty words, or words used to avoid painful issues.

Check this link: [link=http://www.rastaspeaks.com/Rasta/]http://www.rastaspeaks.com/Rasta/[/link]

Rootsie
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: