Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:10:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 60 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  ENTERTAINMENT/ ARTS/ LITERATURE
| |-+  Quotes (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Ngugi wa Thiong’o: Development from the perspective ofthe bottom of the mountain
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Ngugi wa Thiong’o: Development from the perspective ofthe bottom of the mountain  (Read 15780 times)
Makini
Makini

« on: September 05, 2011, 07:05:43 AM »

"For too long development has been measured by the point of view of those at the top of the mountain, and my position has always been and still will be that development must be viewed at the stand point of those who are at the bottom of the mountain. Because when you are at the top of the mountain your view is very different from that of the person who is at the bottom of the mountain. But what you call progress or economic progress often means the progress of a few socio classes. It does not necessarily mean the economic betterment and the socio-betterment of the person who is at the bottom of the mountain. This applies to Kenya, this applies to America, it applies to how I look at the world myself. Because those who are on top of the mountain are climbing on the shoulders of those who are at the bottom of the mountain".

Ngugi wa Thiong’o
"The Barrel of A Pen": Tribute to Ngugi wa Thiong'o (Viral Video)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: