Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:43:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 99 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  SCIENCE, SOCIOLOGY, RELIGION
| |-+  Relationships and Gender Issues (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Act like a woman ....think like a what?!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Act like a woman ....think like a what?!  (Read 7752 times)
akilah_dances!

« on: July 17, 2012, 04:51:33 AM »

In the name of truth.
It is my observation that destructive schools of thought or trendy beliefs sold by Hollywood and many other proponents-certain feminist /chauvinist ideals undermine the verry essence of what  Manhood and Womanhood is about.Why should I have to think like a man?
Are'nt we supposed to harmonize yet respect each other's right to express his and herself within the context of gender and beyond?As a woman growing in awareness,my concept of love has change from control to release,and has enabled me to stand stronger in my skin,hence am able to discern better what it is a man wants from me and I from him,it has saved me alot of errors.
Woman -as i am learning,walks in the strength of her self,and though she does not need Man to dominate her ,She is his equal.She does not need to control Man.Man and Woman balance the scales of energy.
So when we teach our young girls and boys to demean eachother what is left in years to come not an increase in the very thing thing we dont want?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: