Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:44:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 76 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Special Reasonings Archive
| | |-+  Enslavement of Negroid minds.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Enslavement of Negroid minds.  (Read 43209 times)
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« on: September 15, 2003, 06:05:53 AM »

I prefer using the term NEGROID than African as Negroid signify the dark-skinned black with wooly hair. I want to stress we are talking about people with a certain kind of African features that feel the brunt of discrimination and I am not using Negro in the derogatory sense..

-----------

The foundational concepts of Hebrew, Judaism, Christianity and Islam were copied from our original sacred texts, the BOOK OF COMING FORTH BY DAY (also known as the Book of the Dead)! For illustration, concepts such as the 10 commandments were nearly copied verbatim of the 42 negative confessions of MA'AT. Later other concepts such the Trinity, the Immaculate Conception were also cut and pasted from our ORIGINAL Holy Scriptures that existed half a millennium before any of their books so-called 'original'. Also, Moses (who is very likely to have never existed in the first place) was a caricature of AKHENATON, the founder of the Hebrew cult. The Hebrews learned Monotheism in Kemet and incorporated it into their imperialistic religion of imposters. They invented nothing, that much of our History is contained in their plagiaries books needs no telling!

Before the MAAFA (THE NEGROID AFRICAN ENSLAVEMENT PROCESS), Colonization and Imperialism, us Negroid Africans were practicing our own indigenous spiritual systems as is taught in divinity schools, biblical texts as allegories. We were the only one group of humans on this planet who actually lived and practiced rituals and beliefs depicted in the Bible, but have never read the Books.

JAH was KATONDA in Uganda, MUSIKI in Zimbabwe, NZAMBI MPUNGU in Angola, MWIN in Burkina Faso, AUSAR-AUSET, DJEHUTY, PTAH-MA'AT in Kemet (so called Egypt), RANGE in Kenya, OLUDUMARE-OLORUN-Ifa for the the Yoruba, KLE with the Bambara and the list goes on ad infinitum .... We had rituals, ceremonies, holy days, which gave reverence to the CREATOR-the Indescribable as well as to our Ancestors and those yet to be born. We were a holistic people when the barbaric, brutish, non-spiritual, thieves whatever you wish to name them, European Caucasoids came... They destroyed our Natural way of life and continue to do what the hateful Arabs had done and continue to do. They gave us alien Gods, enslaved our African minds that made us docile and passive, laughed at us further separating us from the True-CREATOR that is Perfection in our Image venerated in our own way!

Our people have then been trained to react to EMOTIONAL themes, forced to internalize alleged History of mythical chosen people...But it is time to rise above unoriginal theologies and research our True History, which is far beyond the Hebrew-Judeo-Christian-Islamic traditions. Male chauvinistic Murder imperialistic cults have proven to be tools for our pacification. The framework of these beliefs prevents our Negroid African minds complete development and reconnection with the dynamism of the Universe.

WE MUST RETURN TO OUR ORIGINAL WAYS OF VENERATION IF THE POWERS OF THE UNIVERSE ARE EVER TO BE IN OUR FAVOR AGAIN!!!

Bantu-Kelani.

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
Ras_Joe

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2003, 06:11:22 AM »

Yes Queen so true. In order to now the tree ones must first know the root.

Africa is the Blackman/woman Foundation-Hugh Mundell
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2003, 06:49:36 AM »

The Egyptian Book of the Dead is the Hieroglyphic transcript and English translation of the ancient sacred texts written by the ABANTU people who called themselves KEMETCU (black humans). The translated versions are therefore books by black folks, meant for the physical and MENTAL betterment of  Negroid Africans. Identity is lacking among our people, it should NOT. We cannot be restricted to limited epochs, we are the sum of all the forms we've been over the ages. Discounting some epochs makes the identity invalid. This book serves the upliftment purpose WELL in our day and opens up doors to many Truths about us Negroid Africans, the relation we share with others in the family of humans' identity and our purpose and goal in the dynamism of the Universe.

The text blow is taken from the Original Negative Confession in the Egyptian Book of the Dead.

Bantu-Kelani

-------------------

Hail, Usekh-nemmt, who comest forth from Anu, I have not committed sin.

Hail, Hept-khet, who comest forth from Kher-aha, I have not committed robbery with violence.

Hail, Fenti, who comest forth from Khemenu, I have not stolen.

Hail, Am-khaibit, who comest forth from Qernet, I have not slain men and women.

Hail, Neha-her, who comest forth from Rasta, I have not stolen grain.

Hail, Ruruti, who comest forth from heaven, I have not purloined offerings.  

Hail, Arfi-em-khet, who comest forth from Suat, I have not stolen the property of God.

Hail, Neba, who comest and goest, I have not uttered lies.

Hail, Set-qesu, who comest forth from Hensu, I have not carried away food.  

Hail, Utu-nesert, who comest forth from Het-ka-Ptah, I have not uttered curses.

Hail, Qerrti, who comest forth from Amentet, I have not committed adultery, I have not lain with men.  

Hail, Her-f-ha-f, who comest forth from thy cavern, I have made none to weep.  

Hail, Basti, who comest forth from Bast, I have not eaten the heart.

Hail, Ta-retiu, who comest forth from the night, I have not attacked any man.

Hail, Unem-snef, who comest forth from the execution chamber, I am not a man of deceit.

Hail, Unem-besek, who comest forth from Mabit, I have not stolen cultivated land.

Hail, Neb-Maat, who comest forth from Maati, I have not been an eavesdropper.

Hail, Tenemiu, who comest forth from Bast, I have not slandered [no man].

Hail, Sertiu, who comest forth from Anu, I have not been angry without just cause.  

Hail, Tutu, who comest forth from Ati (the Busirite Nome), I have not debauched the wife of any man.

Hail, Uamenti, who comest forth from the Khebt chamber, I have not debauched the wife of [any] man.  

Hail, Maa-antuf, who comest forth from Per-Menu, I have not polluted myself.

Hail, Her-uru, who comest forth from Nehatu, I have terrorized none.  

Hail, Khemiu, who comest forth from Kaui, I have not transgressed [the law].

Hail, Shet-kheru, who comest forth from Urit, I have not been wroth.  

Hail, Nekhenu, who comest forth from Heqat, I have not shut my ears to the words of truth.

Hail, Kenemti, who comest forth from Kenmet, I have not blasphemed.  

Hail, An-hetep-f, who comest forth from Sau, I am not a man of violence.  

Hail, Sera-kheru, who comest forth from Unaset, I have not been a stirrer up of strife.

Hail, Neb-heru, who comest forth from Netchfet, I have not acted with undue haste.

Hail, Sekhriu, who comest forth from Uten, I have not pried into matters.

Hail, Neb-abui, who comest forth from Sauti, I have not multiplied my words in speaking.

Hail, Nefer-Tem, who comest forth from Het-ka-Ptah, I have wronged none, I have done no evil.

Hail, Tem-Sepu, who comest forth from Tetu, I have not worked witchcraft against the king.  

Hail, Ari-em-ab-f, who comest forth from Tebu, I have never stopped [the flow of] water.

Hail, Ahi, who comest forth from Nu, I have never raised my voice.

Hail, Uatch-rekhit, who comest forth from Sau, I have not cursed God.

Hail, Neheb-ka, who comest forth from thy cavern, I have not acted with arrogance.  

Hail, Neheb-nefert, who comest forth from thy cavern, I have not stolen the bread of the gods.

Hail, Tcheser-tep, who comest forth from the shrine, I have not carried away the khenfu cakes from the Spirits of the dead.  

Hail, An-af, who comest forth from Maati, I have not snatched away the bread of the child, nor treated with contempt the god of my city.

Hail, Hetch-abhu, who comest forth from Ta-she (the Fayyum), I have not slain the cattle belonging to the god.  

Awakening Osiris: The Egyptian Book of the Dead by Normandi Ellis

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
rasifree

RastafariSpeaks.com

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2003, 10:04:00 AM »

This Book of the Dead, that is refferd to as the Original Sacred Text of NEGROID, people-which I am a part of, is NOT representative, of this NEGROID/African, For Ras Ifree part, IanI GlORY IN THE BIBLE. The Ethiopian Orthodox Bible. IanI agree that Uropeans exploited Christianity-however, it does not shake IanI faith.

Christianity became the state religion of Ethiopia in the fourth century A.D. So, with all due respect-you can have the Book of the Dead. I will deal with the BOOK OF LIFE, IanI HOLY IBLE, IanI Rock and Foundation. Bless HIS HOLY NAME Jah Rastafari Haile Selassie, God In Flesh

Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2003, 03:27:02 AM »

This Book of the Dead, that is refferd to as the Original Sacred Text of NEGROID, people-which I am a part of, is NOT representative, of this NEGROID/African, For Ras Ifree part, IanI GlORY IN THE BIBLE. The Ethiopian Orthodox Bible. IanI agree that Uropeans exploited Christianity-however, it does not shake IanI faith.

Christianity became the state religion of Ethiopia in the fourth century A.D. So, with all due respect-you can have the Book of the Dead. I will deal with the BOOK OF LIFE, IanI HOLY IBLE, IanI Rock and Foundation. Bless HIS HOLY NAME Jah Rastafari Haile Selassie, God In Flesh

I'm looking at the ROOT of the Hebrew-Judaic-Christian religions!  How can you talk about the Ethiopian orthodox faith, the bible or any, without looking at their ORIGIN?? When you want to find a disease tree in the forest, you have to cut the tree down and look at the root right? So the ROOT of the Hebrew-Judaic-Christian religion is the ancient mystical creed of the ABANTU people who called themselves KEMETCU (Black humans) of Alkebulan- Africa!

Form the invaders of ancient Egypt that I like to call it by its real name KEMET (land of the blacks)  525 BCE from the Greeks, Persians, Roman north African Invasions, to Arab Invasions, to the religious invasions that came to conquer, from this as and Negroid-African I can attack Judaism, Christianity, Islam and the holocaust it had on Negroid Africans!! It's time to bring home to the Diasporian blacks as much as native Africans themselves how these religions (including the Hebrew religion whose Semitic people stole the land that belonged to Canaanites who were Negroid-Africans and created a myth of a fire & brimstone God..) have made us a whole docile people.  

The pyramids have been dated over 12,000 BCE. We know the BOOK OF THE COMING FORTH BY DAY (THE BOOK OF THE DEAD) is over 6,000 years old! We know the pyramid texts are the oldest in the world in Moral teaching that is used in the Ethiopian Orthodox bible or other. The word "amen" is from "Amoun-Ra". We know the cross is not from Jesus but the "Ank" the symbol of eternal life before the so-called Jesus came into the world. I say so-called because he never existed and was a fabrication of the Roman Catholic Church when the Romans stopped killing Christians and became Christians themselves. Yet modern Negroid Africans are still credulous!  I'm no bible scholar but it doesn't take a genius to notice all the bible errors. And it already have been proved as fallible human document with many inaccuracies, failures of logic, biases and mixed motives a set of lies by petty witnesses and superstitious, ignorant drinking buddies at the first conference called the Conference Council of Bishops at Nicea 325 AD.

The PROBLEM with modern Negroid Africans is that we are still looking outside of ourselves to find GOD that does not represent us spiritually! And black Hebrews, black Christians or  Muslims are on the defensive when this brought to their attention. These religions came by conquers and racism was used to further their aims! These religions use excuses to convert us the world over. Our ancestors had perfect spirituality before the conquers. I can honestly say our forefathers and mothers wouldn't have chosen these Male Chauvinist Murder cults if it wasn't because of invasions and slavery. This is the issue Dr. John Henrik Clarke posed as he cried when  we as a people are going to come with the grips that most of us have a God not of our chosen, and we have taken on the traits of the oppressor and their Gods..

Hebrew Israelite also, is not much more than a mere speck on the broad tapestry that is Alkebu-lan History. From Kemet to Songhay, from CONGO Empire to ZULU, there is so much more than the bible as myths. And even if they were not so, why uphold lies?

Bantu-Kelani.

Rootsie

Rootsie.com

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2003, 06:40:42 AM »

I think that it is possible for people to 'Glory in the Bible', though I admit it takes some work. I have gloried in the Bible myself. But after reading a translation of The Book of Coming Forth By Day, which is without a doubt the most beautiful and profound religious text I have ever read, I am grateful to see that the source of  the Biblical tradition lies in a series of texts that emphasize HUMAN CONDUCT as the way to BECOME the 'god-man'. This is not different than what Jesus taight, especially in his Gospels that never made it into the Bible.

It is true that the historical evidence for the existence of Jesus is thin, but his 'brother' James did certainly exist, and as a gnostic, what he brought forth as the 'teachings of Jesus' is the closest the Bible gets to the heart of those Kemet teachings. This is not to say that I disagree with what you are saying, Kelani, but I do think it is possible for sincere people to discern between the parts of the Bible that are political propoganda and the parts that express the ANCIENT TRUTH. I can also understand why many AFRICANS rightly feel 'why bother'?

As for Judeo-Christian religion and institutions I can only say that nobody with a history of a thousand million murdered has a thing to say to the world today. It is the job for people who consider themselves Christian or Jew to seek into the heart of their traditions and embrace the teachings which SUSTAIN true life and true morality. If they are sincere, this search will take them to Kemet.

Rootsie
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2003, 08:44:50 AM »

I think that it is possible for people to 'Glory in the Bible', though I admit it takes some work. I have gloried in the Bible myself....

...This is not to say that I disagree with what you are saying, Kelani, but I do think it is possible for sincere people to discern between the parts of the Bible that are political propoganda and the parts that express the ANCIENT TRUTH....

....It is the job for people who consider themselves Christian or Jew to seek into the heart of their traditions and embrace the teachings which SUSTAIN true life and true morality. If they are sincere, this search will take them to Kemet.

Rootsie

The bible will only take us to DOCILE land, make us accept our plight as shaped by others!

The bible is filled with irreconcilable contradictions and errors! To pay any honor to the almighty Creator with this corrupt book is a sin. Anyone who believes that the slave Masters who came from culture that is chauvinist Murder dominated since the cave dwelling days, can copy the accounts of other without biases and inaccuracies has issues.

Should Rastas and Black Africans use a book that enslave people of color the world over and used whites people as  their savors? I say Hell no! I prefer a book that was made by Black Africans for Black Africans!

Bantu-Kelani.

Kebo

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2003, 09:31:42 AM »

So if looking to the Bible is a sin for any human
then how does one reconcile Haile Sellassie's promotion of the Bible, and of Christianity

When its Haile Sellassie who appears to be the monolith who's power of the trinity is sending Africans/humans back to their origin

And isn't Jesus the "man" ifestation of the third world, the symbol of all oppressed people, humble and poor and downpressed. Its in Jesus humbleness and poverty that I think why the poor of underdeveloped countries relate to Jesus and look to the Bible for comfort and salvation

The real message being in Jah Resurrection

I dig what is being said about going back to the origin, to the indigneous religion/texts/philosophies

I'm just wondering how the Bible etc can be totally bogus if HIM Haile Sellassie, the father of Modern Africa, derived so much strength from it and was so vocal about the Bible, and so was Bob, and wasn't Marcus Garvey as well?

Kebo i

African justice - white redemption
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2003, 10:17:00 AM »

Kebo,

What kin Adam & Eve over 8,000 yrs ago in the caves of Europe have with negroid men and women in Africa over 3 million  years ago??!

Black people were more SPIRITUAL without doctrine from the Conquers books'! OUR Ancestors in Alkebulan had more tolerance then the modern Black Africans  indoctrinated with Poison form Hebrew, christian or Islamic teachings.

The bible is pure nonesense.

B.K

Ayinde
Ayinde

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2003, 10:35:26 AM »

Kebo said: "HIM Haile Sellassie, the father of Modern Africa"

This is the view of some Rastafarians, however that is not the view of all Rastas and especially serious historians. What is modern African and when did this modern Africa begin?

Kelani said: "The bible is pure nonsense."  

I can easily understand how one can say this.

However, there is much in the Christian Bible that belongs to Africa's history from Eithopia to Egypt and more. I am also of the view that it can be totally dismissed and one can develop correctly especially as the information can be found in many African cultures, which can give a more holistic appreciation of human development. Finding answers within the spectrum of our diverse and oldest humanity give people a better appreciation of our commonalities and differences.

There is nothing written in the Christian book that cannot be discovered elsewhere. If one is versed or studying world history and is following a process for development then they don't need that book. If ones wish they could extrapolate from it just the same as they would do from many other books.
Kebo

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2003, 10:42:30 AM »

I don't want to take this reasoning off track, of discussing Enslavement of Negroid Minds

I'm learning that its always best to think with you own mind, and not just do what Haile Sellassie do, for example

I can't question or fight your drive to take it back to the origin

Would it be alright, Kelani, if you shared where Haile Sellassie stands in your mind?

At all costs, its got to be the best way, to do away with all alien influences from the original ways of thinking

Kebo

Ayinde
Ayinde

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2003, 11:12:24 AM »

[link=http://www.rastafarispeaks.com/articles/14092003.html]Check this link for more of Kelani's views...[/link]
Sealedbyfaith

RastafariSpeaks.com

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2003, 11:16:52 AM »

Okay, Let’s try to start this thing at the beginning at break it down slowly.  But before we do that that, let me go ahead and preempt some of your arguments and dismiss them as nonessential.

I am not a historical scholar nor do I need to be to understand who I am.  I have reverence for the history I know and continuously seek to learn more.  So, if I do not tie my arguments to a succinct history that does not make the following statements false.

What is Christianity?  You attack it, but admit you are not a Bible scholar.  Do you really understand the Christian philosophy, or do you just hate the perverted versions of it that you've HEARD?  

Bantu, every thing that you find important: loving people, respect, kindness, and reflection... It is all summed up in this commandment:  Thou shall love thy neighbor as thy self.  A true Christian, one who understands our faith, strives everyday to achieve this love.  What are the implications of this love:  It implies that you will not enslave another, you will not exhort yourself over another, you will love your family, and you will respect those around you.  You will sacrifice yourself for the benefit of others.

What contradictions exist in the Bible?  Bantu_Kelani, can you point them out?  Or can you merely tell me what you've heard the Bible says.

What Christian looks for a faith on the outside?  Christianity is found WITHIN the soul.  If any man is IN Christ Jesus he is a new creature (N.testiment).  We are to abide IN Jesus, and HE IN US.

Now maybe you THINK my Jesus and Heavenly Father are not a representation of who I am.  First of all, NO MAN HAS EVER SEEN THE FATHER.  And yet MANKIND was made in his image. Not just black people, but mankind. So if we are ALL God's children then either He is a rainbow of colors or we were made in his spirtitual image and maybe his physical image.  (And yes, I do believe that God is a HE, but not in a physical sense, and yet a masculine one.  Consider other languages where things are either masculine or feminine).  

So in your religion, if your god only represents us as black people, are the rest of the races damned?  And oh my goodness, what happens to people of cross-cultural races.  If religion is indigenous to race, then multi-racial people are screwed.  These are merely observations and questions.

So much, you want us to believe in the philosophies of a black religion, but spirituality is colorless. Color is a physical attribute and carnal in nature.  I answer to a power much higher than any carnal weight.  I love being black. I brag about being a thoroughbred.  I am black by heritage, choice, and heart.  But I'm also red because I am covered with the blood of Jesus.  And HE WILL COVER ANYONE WHO IS WILLING TO PUT HIM ON.  

As for the scriptures being stolen.... Try Genesis.  In the beginning was the Word and the Word was God and God was with the word.  If it existed always, then it could not be stolen.  Others may have written books before the Bible.  BUT the oral passing on of knowledge existed centuries before texts were written.  Yes men did write the Bible but they did not develop the truths of the Bible.  They wrote only what God inspired them  to write (Inspired meaning...as told).

As to the Book of the Dead…  Did not a man write it?  Is it not then subjected to the same claims that you bring against Christianity?  When you put the two books side by side, which teaches about a Universal Love, shows a difference between right and wrong, and offers salvation?  The Bible is the Book of the Living.  Oh definitively...Moses existed, as did every other man and women in the Book.

Now let me go ahead and preempt another argument that you might make:  You might ask me how do I know God is real.  He's real because I feel him in my soul.  He gave me a sense of right and wrong.  When I pray to Him, He answers my prayers.  He left me a comforter, the Holy Spirit.  He promised to never leave me nor forsake me.  In my 23 years of life He's kept that promise.  I've been up and down, left and right and through it all, He's been right there.  No other god has done that.  I know this because I haven't asked them for anything.  I speak to ONE God and HE answers me.  He gives me air, water, sun, moon and stars daily.  He gave me love and his Son.  HE brought me into a spirit of adoption, by which I can cry out: Abba Father (Acts:NT).  He woke me up this morning and laid me down last night.  When the world let's me down, HE lifts me up.  There is no other god who can do that.  I believe this. I know this. And you can quote as many historical principles as you want...But a physical answer can NEVER combat a SPIRTITUAL.  A million lessons in history will never save MY SOUL.  No One can ever take the God in me out!!!  He's done too much, gave too much.  I could spend my entire life trying to explain what HE's done.  

When it comes to God you must separate the carnal from the spiritual.  Forget European ideology or Black ideology for that matter.  Walk in the spirit and then discuss HIM.  The carnal mind will misrepresent the body of Christ every time.  For this reason we must war against our Flesh daily.  We must worship in Spirit and TRUTH.  THERE ARE NO MULTIPLE TRUTHS EITHER SOMETHING IS OR IT ISN'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The bottom line is this:  You don't understand REAL CHRISTIANITY.  You've heard a lot of things and frankly, I wouldn't believe either if I had seen or heard the things you have.  But no, Bantu...Jesus is not the blond hair blue eyed man.  He's not described that way in the Bible.  Christians are not taught to be slaves, but to be free.  What do you think the great Exodus was about?  We are taught to love each other as ourselves.  No one wants to harm him or herself.  As a parallel, Christianity teaches us not to harm others.  IF everyone treated people the way they wanted to be treated: there would be no war, murder, disease, nothing... I just wish you could see what I see.  All I see in Christianity is love. Because that is what it is: Love

My prayers are with you.  You are so intelligent.  It’s obvious in your posts.  But don't be wise to the world and a fool to God.  He loves you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From one Beautiful Black Queen to another,
SealedbyFaith
Kebo

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2003, 11:43:30 AM »

Thanks for the lead on Kelani's views Ayinde.

Also, I'm catching on to what you and Kelani are pointing to, which looks like the source of our humanity, going way back past the Bible, not only thousands of years ago, but maybe millions. In that kind of timeframe there has got to be a whole lot of wisdom discerned about human nature and natural law.

Human nature is what the search is all about as far as I'm concerned, the basics, the blueprint, the original way. And any undoctored message from Jah would probably be pointing towards there as well, back to Our original humanity.

"The father of modern Africa" was a term I heard on a Sellassie documentary entitled the Lion of Judah. It does seem that around the time Sellassie showed up on the planet, is when movement started picking up for Africa. Didn't he spearhead the liberation of African nations from colonialism as well as the establishment of the OAU?

I'll admit my mind is entering a quizzical mode at the moment as to Who Sellassie is, and His relationship to the Creator, and the future of humanity. Of course its always best to keep thinking with your own mind.

Kebo

Rootsie

Rootsie.com

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2003, 12:17:44 PM »

The Torah/Bible was written between 600 and 400 BC. After the Babylonian captivity.
The Adam and Eve story, just for starters, comes from far older Mesopotamian sources.
'In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God', is an idea called the Logos in Greek, but its source is in the Egyptian Book of Coming Forth By Day., the idea that as things are named they come into existence-I believe it was the Egyptian god Thoth who commanded the creative power of the Word.
The story of the 'dying god' existed all over the place before Jesus. The Osiris story is probably the oldest example.
There is much that can be read about the Ancient sources of th Bible.
Some of it can be found on these websites. Race and History.com lists many books.
The great African American scholar John G. Jackson gives a good accounting of these things...

The events surrounding the Romans' murder of James and the destruction of the Temple are clearly given a political slant favoring the Roman version of Christianity in the Bible. For all that Paul ended up getting killed by the Romans does not change the fact that he was a Roman citizen all his life. There is a good book that details how the Book of Acts was rewritten to condemn the more original Christian teachings of James and the Essenes called James the Brother of Jesus by Robert Eisenman.
Then there's the Dead Sea Scrolls, and the Nag Hamadi library which gives a flavor of what Christian thinking was about before the Romans-much closer to original Egyptian ideas.

I, unlike Kelani, do not think it is impossible for a sincere person to be a Christian. But I think it is important for all to acknowledge the African roots of all spiritual traditions. It is really at this point in history I think a matter of justice. And if there is anything all can agree that God in the Bible stands for, it is justice.

Rootsie
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: