Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:11:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 71 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Rastafari (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  white rasta's Please help
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: white rasta's Please help  (Read 23826 times)
beatty95

« on: June 01, 2012, 03:35:00 PM »

i know this is a topic often talk ! i my self am white and would love to be a rasta. a the normal veiw is by many is that i can't be  because white don't understand the struggle of blacks or white people direct ancestor opressed blacks and altough i agree i can't understand the black struggle i can empathise with it allow my to explain the history of my people and how to say i don't understand your struggles in wrong

i come from the small country of northern ireland . and the people of ireland have been opressed by fellow whites , for 800 now my people have been killed and beating because were irish , allow me to give a breif history about 800 years ago an irish cheiftan lost his land and ask the english to help him regain it and they never left over the next 800 years they abused the irish (especially catholic) many plantations tried to wipe out the catholic by forcing them for their homes to poor land and  forcing high taxes on them which noe could pay . some of you may know of the irish famine in which the irish population drop from around 6 millon to 2 (2 mill died 2 mill immrigate) million in the space of a few years but this wasn't due to the famine no the irish still had food but this was taken by the britsh to fed them selves while my people died.

this was not the end as the years went by restriction on catholic got tougher , the speaking of irish was banned as was the playing of irish sports and music . irish were forced in to living arrea set up just for us . in the 60's around the time on the black civil right movement we had  a catholic civil rights movement which was meet with bullets and blood eg bloody sunday were troops shot at a peaceful march in derry.

now allow my to explain how my family has been effected two of my uncle were shot one killed . this is a short bit on these two men the first was shot by britsh sniper while hw was trying to help a man in the street , the army claimed he was using the man as cover and shooting at troops but no weapon was ever recovered. the second was short 7 or 8 times with two if those stops to the head the second delivered as he laying bleedin out this was a kill shot or at least it was meant to be. despite the odds my uncle was shot and why was he shot because he was a catholic who owned a shop .he was shot by a loyalists gunmen.i should explain at this time  northern ireland was divide catholic and protestant .the protestant were treated much better than catholic. protestant controlled  all aspect of life .

today altough the shooting have ended discrimation is still present in our soceity
i my self hace been phyiscal and verbal abused because i attend a catholic school . however i understand this is little to many of you.

but here is a recent example i was getting on a bus from school (so i was in my uniform which  everyone know is for a catholic school)  the other day and as the bus  pulled up i was searching my pockets for my pass as i did as allowed two girls from a protestant school get on and one says i forget my pass the bus driver replys"that ok love just have it next time" so i get on the bus and say to him i forgot my bus pass to which he reply " 2:25 or get of the bus" i tried to explain to him i just forgot it again he says" 2:25 or get of the bus". i thought ok he let the girl on he can't lose 2 fare so i pay the money as i go on the bus he mutter "bloody taigs" this is a offensive of calling someone a catholic . on top of this i have been chased because i wear irish football tops

i must must stress i not saying i have not suffered as much but to say i can be a rasta beacause i white just seems wrong . Please share you own thought and views on the topic

thank you
Skincolourblue

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 07:33:29 AM »

God does not care what colour you are , Your message is full of reference to skin colour , nationality and organised religion . You seem to be holding many grudges and that makes you seem immature. Forget your idea that Ireland and Catholics are innocent and that British & Protestants are your enemy.  There is 2 sides to every story and you seem blinded to the other side of the story.  Let it go , forget all these things and be happy Smiley
beatty95

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 08:41:08 AM »

i understand there are two sides too every story i'm not saying cathloic are good and protestant bad. both are gulity of horrible crimes. i'm trying to say, that to say i cant be a rasta because of my skin colour seems wrong and in itself  disrepectful to god . i apoligize if you have in anyway been offensive  in my reference to skin colour i didn't mean it to upset you. i'm was just trying to make the point that not all whites are bad. and also i try hard not to hold grudges because this only leads to more hate which cant not solve our probelms . but i respect your veiws and will in the future try not to be as  self rightious in what i say .

thank you
Zachariah

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 07:01:20 PM »

I think white people can be rasta because were black and white people are family through god. It's not about black and white, it's about good and evil. Now a evil person can't be rasta.   
HippieRasta

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 09:52:28 PM »

I am white.  And I consider myself to be Rastafari.  If you look at the Words of His Imperial Majesty when he spoke to the United Nations you will see that he has said "That until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned: That until there are no longer first-class and second class citizens of any nation; That until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes; That until the basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all without regard to race; That until that day, the dream of lasting peace and world citizenship and the rule of international morality will remain but a fleeting illusion, to be pursued but never attained."

Bob Marley also has said,  “I don't stand for the black man's side, I don' t stand for the white man's side. I stand for God's side.”

Rastafari is about what is in your heart, not the color of your skin.  If you maintain hatred and anger in your heart, you are not Rasta.  When you open your heart to the unconditional love of Jah, you are Rasta whether you know it or not.
IrishRasta

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 04:48:45 PM »

I and I am from Ireland a well and I'm a Rasta. It doesn't matter what race I and I are I and I are all Jah's children :]
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: