Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 10:42:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25517 Posts in 9753 Topics by 980 Members Latest Member: - Roots Dawta Most online today: 82 (July 03, 2005, 11:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  GENERAL FORUM (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie, Makini, Zaynab, Nakandi, Leanna)
| | |-+  Romance, Dark-Skin Spaces and Personal Accountability
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Romance, Dark-Skin Spaces and Personal Accountability  (Read 1589 times)
MissJay

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2017, 12:23:05 AM »

MissJay,

I have intentionally imbued the term softness with some measure of ambiguity, because I wanted to gauge others' sociological imaginations as they reasoned with the issues on the table.

If this is an experience true and close to you and you actually want change, then it is rather odd that you would use this as an academic exercise. It goes against the very nature of the reasoning as it trivializes the real lived experiences of dark skinned people. If that was your true agenda, then I find it reeks of exploitation to advance a personal agenda.

However, if that is not the case then here is a link that I found and still find useful "It Takes Honesty To Reason" http://www.rootswomen.com/articles/It_Takes_Honesty_To_Reason.html

This is precisely how I reason and grapple with things that are close to me. What I have shared with this forum comes from the heart, yet your comment seems to suggest that there is a right way and a wrong way to reason about my own real and lived experiences as a dark-skinned woman. I'm afraid that's just how my brain works at the moment. If this offends your sensibilities, then it speaks more to my point of entry into conscious development and less to the idea that I am using this as an academic exercise.....If there are alternative ways to reason with others, then I would like to learn them. However, I am  feeling quite judged or prejudged, oddly enough, for being who I am at the moment. I just find it odd that you have jumped to the conclusions that you have, given that we do not know each other. Am I missing something?

And, thank you for the link.
Nakandi

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2017, 01:25:34 AM »

MissJay,

I stand by my earlier statement.

You may be missing the fact that if we apply the definition you gave for “softness” then what you posted initially does not make sense.

I also agree with Leslie’s point about the need for private spaces for dark-skinned blacks to work out issues. I do not want to continue further with this as my intention is not about beating up or even appearing to beat up on a dark-skinned black sister or brother.

Take care.
MissJay

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2017, 02:01:30 AM »

MissJay,

I stand by my earlier statement.

You may be missing the fact that if we apply the definition you gave for “softness” then what you posted initially does not make sense.

I also agree with Leslie’s point about the need for private spaces for dark-skinned blacks to work out issues. I do not want to continue further with this as my intention is not about beating up or even appearing to beat up on a dark-skinned black sister or brother.

Take care.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion and your interpretation of my opinion about softness defined. Thank you for attempting to be generous with your ideas about what I intended to communicate and share about my lived and deeply personal experiences with care and softness from my perspective. Miscommunication, perhaps on my part...

Do, take and exercise care, Nakandi.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: