Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:47:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 139 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Special Reasonings Archive
| | |-+  CONVERSATION WITH MOMA AFRICA
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: CONVERSATION WITH MOMA AFRICA  (Read 35718 times)
RasBenjamine

RastafariSpeaks .com

« on: December 12, 2003, 09:17:26 AM »

Dear Mother Africa, and you ancient ones,
Thank you dearly and greatly for writing again,
To ask about me, one of your beloved children.
Truly mother, since you and grandfather left,
Things have changed beyond conception,
For the homes and gardens are all deserted,
Kinsmen and tribesmen, siblings and cousins,
Have all traveled to foreign lands and over the seas,
And there is little hand to till the soil or farm the land,
While those behind can hardly live together in peace.

I feel ashamed for all of us your own children,
But some kinsmen blame it all on old slavery,
Others hold it to colonialism and civilization,
And they say they will not return home again.
Yes, they claim that they fear for their lives,
Rebels and guerilla-warriors in the bush,
Bandits and robbers prowling the highways,
Dictators and tyrants on the throne rule for life, and
Your children now stay away in foreign lands.

Kinsmen and clansmen, uncles and aunts, and
Even leaders have failed to teach the youths today,
Or raise young ones with tenets of homely culture,
Rather, they pass blames around and cry victim,
Begging for aid from strangers of foreign lands,
While stealing the wealth well meant for all.
And in the bid to please the stranger-masters,
They sell brothers and sisters for simple gold,
Raping and maiming women, children, and the old.

I am sure many of us have never read or replied,
Any of the letters and messages you have sent to us,
Through draughts and famine, AIDS, and violence,
But in your wisdom do not blame them, I beg of you.
Maybe if grandfather had known to read and write,
To keep and record our heritage in history books, maybe
Kinsmen would neither have learned the white-man’s ways,
Nor would they have read the strange history of foreigners,
Thinking today that our ancestral traditions are mere folklore.

I know this letter may hurt your tender hearts,
Known to green vegetations and fruitful soil,
And cause you to weep for your many children.
I know this was not what you have hoped for,
‘Cause in your time, when you lived with grandfather,
Happiness reigned and the land was blessed abundantly.
You roamed the fruitful gardens in freedom and love,
You plucked ripe oranges and succulent apples,
Helping each other and sharing the harvest, all in joy.

I know you wonder how the fruits of your womb,
Have gone astray from all the culture you left behind,
And abandoned the principles that made them Africans.
Take heart mother, for I shall remain your beloved child,
Steadfast in the ways and good traditions of you ancestors.
The challenge is tough, with only a few on your side, but
I shall try to teach my off springs better about you.
And when you write me again, please send it abroad,
For I too have gone away to a strange land.

Only when InI bestirs ourself can we advance spiritually.

The man who uses ready made opinions of others, only walks his path as if on crutches,while ignoring his own healthy limbs
out_of_Zion

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2003, 11:41:35 PM »

Ras Benjamine, I enjoyed ya poem much

Eden will be back brother (Rev 21:3,4) and ya can return to africa if ya desire.  The meek'll inherit the earth (Mt 5)...and she babylon will fall.  We just gotta wait some more for JAH kingdom to come

peace & love -
brett david

Therefore, become imitators of JAH, as beloved children - Ephesians 5:1
Rootsie

Rootsie.com

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2003, 01:02:09 AM »

Well that may be why some or many or most are out of Zion. Because they are still waiting.
Tyehimba
Tyehimba

RastafariSpeaks

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2003, 07:34:25 AM »

We have been conditioned into a mindset that we must wait on some miraculous mystic savior or salvation that will some day ride down from heaven to save those that submit to this blind faith. Mainstream religion has for centuries proven to be the opium of the masses because it makes people comfortable with their position and existence  in life by promising rewards in the afterlife (heaven) in exchange for the suffering that must be experienced in this state of ignorance. The rationalization of suffering causes the real lessons and purpose of suffering to be ignored and clouded. So the lessons of personal and general history are not learnt and understood by many and thus the cycle of suffering and waiting continues. Those that chose to wait, well let them wait, wait, wait.....

out_of_Zion

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2003, 11:36:07 AM »

What do you suggest - another bloody holy crusade?

Those that take the sword will perish by the sword.  And no amount of words are able to accomplish a thing b/c outside of oasises like this one on the internet, man doesn't listen to anyone except himself and all we see is more conflict day by day.  Nothing short of a miraculous removal of the wicked men can make straight this crooked planet.

leslie
Leslie

AfricaSpeaks

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2003, 04:11:14 PM »

out_of_africa, i really hope that you don,t believe such foolishness. if you place all your hope in some miracle then i am to assume that you honestly dont believe in the ultimate redemption of mankind or even you own self. tell me my friend, how long are you going to wait? and who says that words can't accomplish anything? as long as these words are acted upon, then positive change can occurr...and if we have to use the sword to accomplish our goals then so be it! what should be done in the mean time is to attempt to make these 'wicked men' understand what they do to themselves and everyone around them. only then can the conflict end.
out_of_Zion

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2003, 09:13:27 PM »

out_of_africa, i really hope that you don,t believe such foolishness. if you place all your hope in some miracle then i am to assume that you honestly dont believe in the ultimate redemption of mankind or even you own self. tell me my friend, how long are you going to wait? and who says that words can't accomplish anything? as long as these words are acted upon, then positive change can occurr...and if we have to use the sword to accomplish our goals then so be it! what should be done in the mean time is to attempt to make these 'wicked men' understand what they do to themselves and everyone around them. only then can the conflict end.

You're missing the point, Leslie.  "That miracle" is the ultimate redemption of mankind.  And if you take the sword you are ignoring JAH instruction; that was scripture (Mt 26:52) I quoted.  

Just read JAH promise to us and meditate sister,

"Let anger alone and leave rage;
Do not show yourself heated up only to do evil.
For evildoers themselves will be cut off,
But those hoping in Jehovah are the ones that will possess the earth.
And just a little while longer and the wicked one will be no more;
And you will certainly give attention to his place, and he will not be.
But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth,
And they will find their exquisite delight in the abundance of PEACE."  -Ps 37:8-11

Now I understand what ya mean about wanting to accomplish change now through words and action, but like Solomon wrote "man has dominated man to his injury" (eccl 8:9).  We might be able to affect small changes, but the only final solution to the problems that infect this planet are JAH's righteous new world.  This world, as it is, is controlled by wicked men b/c it's ruler is wicked (1 Jn 5:19).  In a Satanic world, Satanic men rise to the top and we've seen the effects.  But deliverance is near...

"(But) [T]here is a new heavens and a new earth that we are awaiting according to his promise, and in these righteousness is to dwell."  -2 Pet 3:13

You can take the sword and fail now, or hold strong in faith.  I've made my choice.

Tyehimba
Tyehimba

RastafariSpeaks

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2003, 10:29:30 PM »

Jesus himself in the bible was alleged to have said " I've come NOT to bring PEACE, BUT A SWORD!" (Matthew 10:34).
out_of_Zion

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2003, 11:13:23 PM »

My GOD could you possibly quote any more out of context?!

He was referring to the division of families over the truth, that a "man's enemy would be members of his own household."  It was referring to rebelling against the rest of one's family for the sake of being his disciple if necessary.  It was not a call to arms.  And I know you know that; so stop with the empty deception.

Rootsie

Rootsie.com

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2003, 12:01:31 AM »

The choice is not between waiting for a miraculous redemption, and the sword.

In point of fact the big sword-wielders of the past 1000 years anyway are the ones who hold on to this belief. I suppose because they think they are forgiven no matter what they do that makes it all okay. They might just as well swing the sword around while they wait.

The choice is between waiting for the miracle to come swooping down out of the sky, or taking responsibility now. For our suffering and for our redemption. And seeing that  we live in miracle, and the idea that there is some big thing to wait for blinded us to that.

iyah360

Higher Reasoning

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2003, 08:52:53 AM »

"We might be able to affect small changes, but the only final solution to the problems that infect this planet are JAH's righteous new world.  This world, as it is, is controlled by wicked men b/c it's ruler is wicked (1 Jn 5:19).  In a Satanic world, Satanic men rise to the top and we've seen the effects.  But deliverance is near...

"(But) [T]here is a new heavens and a new earth that we are awaiting according to his promise, and in these righteousness is to dwell."  -2 Pet 3:13"

Hmm. I think they have already planned the new world (order).
out_of_Zion

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2003, 12:59:17 PM »

very true iyah - but their globalization world gov't UN new world will FAIL...but how much it will downpress in the meantime is a worry when not a one is standing against the powers that be and they have the masses wrapped around their fingers through the media feeding them carefully spun propaganda.

& Rootsie I agree with ya 100%; we can't just sit idle...it just gets frusterating to see the lack of progress that cometh.  racism & opression is scarcely any better than it was 30 years ago - like i read a brother's reasoning here - it's just more hidden and discreet.

iyah360

Higher Reasoning

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2003, 10:53:36 AM »

"but their globalization world gov't UN new world will FAIL...but how much it will downpress in the meantime is a worry when not a one is standing against the powers that be and they have the masses wrapped around their fingers through the media feeding them carefully spun propaganda."

i feel this is the way they are going to "fulfill the book". i worry about ones who think that jesus is going to come back and make everything right again though. imho this is a fantasy that only keeps people from waking up and is allowing the solution to be taken out of their hands and placed in the hands of the "elect."  
out_of_Zion

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2003, 11:21:39 AM »

"For you know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires and saying "WHERE is this promised presence of his?  Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep (in death), all things are continuing exactly as from creation's beginning."  -2 Pet 3:3,4

"LOOK!  I am coming as a thief!  Happy is the one that stays awake..."  -PQ, Rev 16:15

"Seek Jehovah, all you meek ones of the earth, who have practiced His own judicial decision.  Seek Righteousness, seek meekness.  Probably you may be concealed in the day of Jehovah's anger." -Zephaniah 2:3

iyah360

Higher Reasoning

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2003, 11:49:18 AM »

I posted this on the forum:

"
Kaya . . . it is of utmost importance to maintain a manner of humbleness in spiritual pursuits, indeed it is the lack therof which closes the door to many in the longing for higher realization of the Most High . . . so in this light, I agree with the I. Psychologically though, if one is constantly belittling ones own capacity to find Christ within oneself and believing that a mythical figure in the past is the only one who has attained this perfection, then how does this change the mindstate of servitude which has stolen the lives of so many? The belief that this PERFECT ONE will return and redeem mankind if we just have faith in the story seems as if it gives power to the oppressor, as we do not seek the RIGHTS which are truly ours IN THIS TIME as we delay it for the promise of some future state. Why should not the story of Christ lead I and I to reclaim our mindstate of servitude to corrupt powers and fight that power here and now? Ever wonder why there is so much funding for Christian fundamentalism by the powers that be in these times? It keeps people in a state of perpetuating the system for a longer period of time in hopes of the glory of a future time(exactly where they want us).

And indeed there are always excuses and passages which can be sighted which will negate this viewpoint I am sharing. It seems that somehow we are stuck in this perpetual loop of denial and willingness to live in this fantasy. It seems we will stop at nothing to keep from waking up."

"LOOK!  I am coming as a thief!  Happy is the one that stays awake..."  -PQ, Rev 16:15

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: