Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:01:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 100 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  SCIENCE, SOCIOLOGY, RELIGION
| |-+  Spirituality (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  ?how do you pray to whom?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: ?how do you pray to whom?  (Read 10552 times)
iyah360

Higher Reasoning

« on: January 05, 2004, 02:04:23 PM »

prayer and meditation used as a distraction?
or does it help you ground yourself from thoughts that keep you in prison?

what are your ethics? does your prayer or meditation give you the peace you need to focus on your ethics with more energy?

prayer can be a seditive and opiate like TV and material goods
prayer can also help to break the fixation on the opiate, the tv and the material goods

is your prayer repressing emotions which need to be dealt with
or is your prayer helping to break up the blockages which do nto allow these emotions to be properly dealt with?

every moment, we are serving something. it is folly to think of seperation of church and your state of mind.  in the beginning was the word, before anything existed. manifestations in flesh are created from the thought generator. some say we have a godless society, when in reality we are worshipping all the time. fixation on an object is devotion to that object . . . whether it be a car, our job, our image. but still in the beginning was the word, your word, your thought which caused you to devote your energy to that object. pastors, preachers direct your devotion to what they say is god, but in reality are directing you towards and interpretation of a concept of god . . . it is still your thought in the end which determines your concept of god. that is reality.

so . . . how do you pray to whom?
out_of_Zion

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2004, 06:40:38 PM »

iyah - INI thank ya for this topic.

As a follower of the Way, when the I makes supplication my prayers are directed to the Father, Jehovah, through the ransom sacrifice of his Son, Jesus.  The types of prayer INI offer up vary, from group prayer to individual requests to prayers of thanksgiving, even to meditational prayer where the I focuses on spiritual ideas or scriptures.  

Another form of prayer which is somewhat unique (it's a meditational prayer) is where I pray a prayer of suffrage.  That is, INI mentally give of my spirit and make known to JAH that my life is his and that the I will remain faithful through all trials, including and especially death.  It's through this type of prayer that JAH grants a spirit of strength, the strength that you've spoken of before that lies inside each of us.  In this strength and power, we're given the ability to endure the minor trials that we encounter each day.

Therefore, become imitators of JAH, as beloved children - Ephesians 5:1
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: