Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:48:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 48 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  SCIENCE, SOCIOLOGY, RELIGION
| |-+  Health and Livity (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  restrictions?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: restrictions?  (Read 12064 times)
Ras_Legacy

AfricaSpeaks.co m

« on: January 17, 2004, 10:32:49 AM »

I am confused.  I don't know what I should an should not eat. I know soda, sodium, pig and cow meat is bad, but what else should I avoid? help I? Huh

InI I hang on in there....InI I no leggo!!!! (So JAH Seh)
Poetic_Princess

I am nothing with out my soul

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2004, 03:45:21 PM »

One should try to avoid most meats, excluding fish
stay away from all dairy products,eggs,processed foods like hotdogs and things of that calibur, no alcohol, excess sugar

One can eat the natural way, turn forward to other foods, such as raw Fruits, Vegetables and their Juices, Herbs, Seeds, Nuts, Grains.When cooking rice use coconut milk and use brown rice instead of white rice, In cases of using oil use pure virgin oils like palm oil, sesame oil,or if u can find 100% coconut oil

Here are some recipe links which may help you out,
http://www.earthcultureroots.com/index.html

http://rastafarism.free.fr/italrecipes.html

I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become reality.
Tracey

Rootsie.com

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2004, 11:02:37 AM »

I am confused.  I don't know what I should an should not eat. I know soda, sodium, pig and cow meat is bad, but what else should I avoid? help I?  

May I ask an honest question?

Are you trying to conform to Rastafari through diet?

Why not eat or eat what you feel is right for you to eat?

What is the purpose of restrictions?

No need for confusion by trying to adopt something that does not come natural. Listen to your conscious body...it will tell you what you need and what you don't need.

Freedom is true Rastafari ))))
Ras_Legacy

AfricaSpeaks.co m

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2004, 07:10:49 PM »

This society that i have grown up in is all for indulgences and ingesting substances that are harmful, Tracey. I want to stay healthy and stay away from these things that can alter I mind and I body.

I think I misspoke when I say "restrictions". I mean to seh: what should I avoid so that I can be healthy, sound in mind and body? JAH seh that te body is a temple, and I want to try to protect that temple from harmful substances that will untimately break it down.

InI I hang on in there....InI I no leggo!!!! (So JAH Seh)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: