Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 08:29:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 28 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Special Reasonings Archive
| | |-+  The Root Of Insecurities
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: The Root Of Insecurities  (Read 45533 times)
Ayinde
Ayinde

« on: May 09, 2003, 05:04:31 AM »

The root of people's insecurities is their ignorance of what lies beyond their physical existence, they think this transition is death. They fear this change because they feel themselves disconnected from life itself. The after physical life is unknown to them. This fear is because people exist too detached from nature and by extension themselves, they cannot remember a time and place when their physical and after-physical life were understood and experienced as one continual event. They cannot remember a time and place when there was no fear of this transition.  

It was natural for early humans to experience none-physical life and have this represented in their day-to-day affairs. This is spirituality. Primitive people had a greater fear of dishonoring their elders and nature than loosing their physical life.

Oh how things have changed today.  

Most people today have lost contact with this reality and will have to develop to recapture this. However, to develop to recapture this bond calls for a greater refinement of one's self. One has to become conscious to recapture the natural state in order to transcend to the supernatural.

This is the reason for the cycles of change; it is about people experiencing more of themselves through learning and adapting to change. The traumas of these cycles continue to fragment people and the environment, forcing all to interact with the diverse manifestations of oneself through the diversity in nature.  

One is only victorious when one becomes conscious of the reason for life, skillfully and mindfully engaging the whole.

The majority of people today suffer from deep-seated insecurities, fears, terrified of the instability of their environment and the future. These people do not experience the bond with nature and are looking for stability and predictability solely in material things, but nature is not predictable to them and material things are always unstable. Therefore, by not engaging the other aspects of their lives alongside their day-to-day activities, people remain trapped in a vicious circle of entrapments and more insecurities.  

The fact that people are fearful of change and are generally seeking stability is evidence of a latent memory of comfort and stability. This yearning for stability and peace comes from the innermost core of all living things forever compelling them to seek it. In order to become stable; people have to be willing to change.

In the annals of our human history, there were long periods of relative peace. These periods were disrupted by climatic and other environmental changes that forced people to migrate and adapt to different environments. Nature intended for humans to explore and adapt to the changes in the environment in order to learn from and to become conscious of the self in its widest dynamics.

Primitive people realized that by remembering past experiences they could prepare for future events.

So remembering the experiences of the past not only provided alternative land usage, but also allowed people to prepare for environmental changes, some of which were observed to be in regular cycles. To survive people had to develop methods of retaining historical information, so they passed them on through story telling, music, dance, signs, symbols and later on script writing.

People also learnt that by exchanging experiences they could prepare or be forewarned of 'disasters'. Again, nature was teaching humans the value of cooperation.

These are some of the lessons that nature taught us. There are periods in history when people became conscious of these lessons, and it is these evolved people who left us the best insights into the workings of nature and the subatomic universe, which mirrors human interactions.  

As primitive groups of people migrated, they maintained their ancestral bonds by remembering and passing on the values and lessons learnt from their ancestors. This kept the community closely knitted and aware of basic survival skills. Their history was an essential part of their present and future.

This is the foundation we all came from that was disrupted, distorted, and generally neglected, in favor of a false value system.
Ras Mandingo

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2003, 11:39:50 AM »

Greetings Ayinde,

How I see it:

Crises = natural opportunities of change.
Difficulties = possibilities of development.
Life = a continous process of correction of mistakes (development).

Humans precieve reality in three dimensions: past/present/future.

Past and future only exist in the present and in relation with the present.

In the present we can analyse and correct the past, and model the future according to where we want to go.

Past and future not related to the present is illusion.

Life is insecure, and because of that can become relatively secure. But what brings confidence is the perception of how the universe works and how to follow it's rules. This knowledge is the master key to survival. The other anchors we find in life can be dangerous if they crystalize us and stop as from naturally flowing in the natural mystic.

Respect,

Mandingo.

Haile,
Wisdom, Knowledge, Strenght & Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rootsie

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2003, 08:22:12 PM »

Dear bredren!
Irie reasonings. I have been thinking much on this lately. I don't believe we can either correct the past or model the future.
I know I have learned much from the past, but I wonder if there is a day we can say, 'The time of learning is over. I have learned all I can from it. Now is the time for something completely different, not learning but unfolding revelation. Not learning but discovering and total acceptance, without insecurity, of the fact that I am who I am right now, who I was at creation, who I shall always be. But it's about now and that's all it's about." It is in the moment that I can see I  am Word made flesh. And once I see that, and live out of that, what need have I for learning anymore? This is not to argue, just questions out of my heart. Ras Mandingo I know what the I mean about correcting the past, but once the learning has taken place and we don't make those blunders any more, do we have to learn it again, and again? 'Rest in peace' is not for after we're dead. How can InI see the new heaven and new earth if we have not such peace?
Love
rootsie
Tyehimba
Tyehimba

RastafariSpeaks

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2003, 09:46:38 PM »

Greets Ayinde

The root of people's insecurities is their ignorance of what lies beyond their physical existence, they think this transition is death. They fear this change because they feel themselves disconnected from life itself. The after physical life is unknown to them. This fear is because people exist too detached from nature and by extension themselves, they cannot remember a time and place when their physical and after-physical life were understood and experienced as one continual event. They cannot remember a time and place when there was no fear of this transition.  

It was natural for early humans to experience none-physical life and have this represented in their day-to-day affairs. This is spirituality. Primitive people had a greater fear of dishonoring their elders and nature than loosing their physical life.

The roots of insecurity is also related to one not having a true sense of themselves and thus their capabilities.This is why history is so important in helping us get back in touch with out divine self. As has been stated many times on this site, religion is really the process of linking back to source. I see fear as a very power negative force especially in terms of being the opposite of love. Fear is the opposite of love. Fear of change can spread like cancer and cause individuals to limit themselves and corrupt their essence to preserve the existing status quo. We see this so often throught the world.
With regards to the discussion bout the past, present and future, i have this concept that the past, present and furture all exist in the present (in the NOW). We are living the past right now in the present; by our actions now we will determine the role of the past;by our actions in the now we will also help determine our future. So in a sense, the future is NOW/we living the future right now, NOW!!! NOW!! Now!! Just like we living past now.......... That's why the NOW  is so critical.

I don't see everyone reconcialating with the past at the same time as everybody is naturally at different stages of development. I don't ever see learning coming to a standstill but flowing slow like a river but deeeeep.

Love the level of reasoning.....
Aluta continua

Ayinde
Ayinde

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2003, 03:50:34 AM »

Not learning but discovering and total acceptance, without insecurity, of the fact that I am who I am right now, who I was at creation, who I shall always be. But it's about now and that's all it's about." It is in the moment that I can see I  am Word made flesh. And once I see that, and live out of that, what need have I for learning anymore?

Soon people may yearn to bridge the natural world with the super-natural universe.

People's earthly trod is about learning to reach the state of relative comfort with themselves here and now, where they can see truths as they come and where they can accept responsibility for past and present actions/inactions that may have contributed to infringing the rights of others; where prejudices give way to reasonable assessments.

Then, history or should I say one's comfort with the past allows for a better interpretation of both the past and the present as one now seek to make the ultimate trod back to the future; to enter the Super-Natural Universe where the past present and future is one. This bridges one’s personal self with the inner universal self. This is the ultimate reality but only for those who yearn for it more than anything/everything on earth.
Ras Mandingo

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2003, 04:37:13 AM »

Greetings Ones,

Give thanks for this another fullfulling reasoning Cheesy

Everything we have is the present. But the present exists in a tridimensional way. The only place we can see past and future simultaneously is in the present. The past and the future only exists because of the present. If there was no present there wouldn't be past and future. Past and future can only exist in relation to the present. Everyhting we have is the present. In the present we can see where we came from, where we are and were we intend to go to.

Distortions of this are:

1- People who are hold in the past, with no connection to present and future.

2- People who are hold in the future, with no connection to past and present.

3- People who are hold in the present, with no connection to past and future.

In the end, time and space are but human interpretations of reality itself. Time and Space exists in our minds, that's how we overstand reality. For us life is time and space, isn't it!!!

Love this reasoning.

Blessings,

Mandingo.

Haile,
Ayinde
Ayinde

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2003, 06:02:03 AM »

empress_rootsie raised some points worth appreciating.

Learning should lead to a fullness of experience where one is free from historical misdeeds/misunderstandings and can live harmoniously now. This is the type of freedom people should be striving for. But before this is realized I think ones should seriously consider IanI's response on the thread, "What is civilized?". He asked some very pertinent questions. I think the response to those questions is the difference between intellectualizing and experiencing / understanding and knowing.

IanI Re: What is "civilized"?
#13 on: May 9th, 2003, 7:38am

Irie Ones and Ones,

And give thanks for the reasonings upon this subject.

On reading the responses here two words stand out to I the most.

"balance" and "harmony"

So, the question that this brings forth is:
If ones and ones wish to achieve these things... balance and harmony... which Ayinde expresses well as building for comfort and need rather than excess and greed...
well...
what do Ones and Ones need to do in order to achieve this?

Is it possible for Ones to remain in the "babylonian livity", of excess and materialism, and find their true "higher consciousness" or "primitive self"?

Can this be achieved by reading about people of natural livity and looking at their pictures?

Can ones find true balance and harmony with the Natural without actually living in the Natural?

How many actually have the courage to give up their lifestyle of excess and convenience to find the harmony them would wish for?

Ayinde says: "the character of a people measures civilization".
So then...
what do ones and ones need to be doing to "see" a peoples character?

Irie Ites!
Just the more questions that come to me mind upon the reading here of the reasoning.
Give thanks!

ONE LOVE/HEART/MIND
IanI Rastafari
Guidance and protection
Princess Tracey

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2003, 08:13:38 PM »

blessed love blessed reasonings...such food and nourishment..
it is like preparing I table for a delicious meal each time I come and sit before these reasonings...

Ayinde... is good to re-visit certain points of reasons...most definately!

"Now is the time for something completely different, not learning but unfolding revelation"

Empress Roostie...yes...seen...at long last the realization that we are beautifully and wonderfully made..the time of learning has now bridged to revealing...a place of harmony between past, present... and now - of all things  "trodding back to the future"....smile..such an eyelightful journey!

Overstandiing the fullness of what "Word made Flesh" truly means....yes sistren ))))
~

IANI...
Is it possible for Ones to remain in the "babylonian livity", of excess and materialism, and find their true "higher consciousness" or "primitive self"?  

...this I have given much thought...for I MUST believe that it is SO...in the midst of babylon livity must I be able to touch my primitive higher conscious Self...thankfully the Kingdom IS  WITHIN..and is with me WHEREVER I be...blessed be IANI!
I no have to go outside myself to touch the garden of eden.. smile...

And yet, hmmm..I also got to thinking that there is def something to being in a space where one's spirit sings in unison with it's environment..where every little particle of living cell is a reflection of the Creator the WE are connected to..the pulsing life vibrations all around...

I feel there is more to the fullness of 'my nature' to be in and around sweet mama as much as possible...to live by the simple, yet abundant fruits of the land...I have lived close to the earth in several phases of my life in very close symbiotic realtionship..where there was much sweetness in the life with birds singing in your ear...surrounded by shades of green,
canopies of trees...varieties of Jah Jah creatures..hands in the dirt planting seeds growing food...the smells...the sounds...the sun.. the moon.. the stars...shooting stars..the heavens...ancient realms..

nature is a mystical beautiful powerful force, and such an integral part of who we are..I know I sis am not as 'full' in this present environment within the gates...though life is simple, and less is more...still...it is different...one sacrifices a part of their soul I think...there is much more to natural livity than mindful, lovely concepts...but then you know this...you live this ...and it is only through this...that you see things that can only be seen by participating in the natural rhythms of life where external melds with internal...a unity that seeks not to rebel against it's environment but embraces it...tastes it...INhales it...is ONE with it..
~

love

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2003, 11:04:27 PM »

Greeting to all. Insecurities stem from those who have been weaned on traditional values and who are fearful to explore the realm of what is beyond their tangible living. For the most part we are pertrified to challenge tradition because our foibles will be exposed since we are used to the safety net of our day to day living. In essence, nature is what we are and to deny it is to deny our very existence. Nature has been transfomed at times in many shapes to elude or divert us from it's true meaning.
Ayinde
Ayinde

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2003, 03:56:34 AM »

Nature has been transformed at times in many shapes to elude or divert us from it's true meaning.

I would say that nature transforms many times to allow us to derive its expansive meaning. It diverts us from holding too rigidly to limited understandings. Whenever people realize a relative truth and are fixed in that position while being unable to realize its relation to a bigger truth, nature shakes up the pieces of the puzzle. This allows for more diverse experiences with which to interpret and merge various truths.

Often people think this essence resides in their limited understanding and nature will ensure that the reason for life continues by shaking people out of stuck positions.
Ras Mandingo

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2003, 05:07:39 AM »

Often people think this essence resides in their limited understanding and nature will ensure that the reason for life continues by shaking people out of stuck positions.

So true this Ayinde!!!

The river flows by itself, and the waters are kept pure and clean as they move and follow the natural flow. Once the waters stop somewhere in the way, it tends to become unclean and vicious.

Even is water treatment stations, for people to clean the water, it must flow and shake like simulating the moves of a river.

Give Thanks,

Mandingo.

Haile,
Ayinde
Ayinde

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2003, 05:42:39 AM »

Trekking through life is like trying to put together one big jigsaw puzzle but most of the time is spent collecting the pieces.

Often people collect different pieces and hold on to them (diverse cultures). If we study their cultural perspective we may get another piece/peace of the puzzle for ourselves. If they are receptive to learning then they too get a piece of the puzzle to work with.

Putting these pieces/'peace-s' together brings relative levels of comfort. The struggle is usually about a missing piece/peace for a given task or circumstance.

History is the vast reserve from which smart people collect many pieces of the puzzle and if they are good at it they may be able to put together a sizable portion of life’s puzzle.

Often people do this with great difficulty only because they are unaware that it is a process and they do not possess the finished product.

Most people cannot remember the original model or in terms of a puzzle they cannot remember the original box to get an overall picture of what they are piecing together.  So it is important that people get an idea of the overall picture (realize their personal selves) to have something to work with.
Ras Mandingo

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2003, 06:42:15 AM »

Ayinde,

That's what holism/wholism represents, ins't it...to be able to see the whole picture.

Most people tend to live partial lives as they want to stay wit pieces/peaces and not integrate it with the whole.

This looks most difficult as you said, because this means keeping the process...like the Tao. For the oriental people, lefe is the Way. There's no arrival...living the way and appreciating it...with no definitive point.

Love to you,

Mandingo.

Haile,
Ayinde
Ayinde

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2003, 10:46:56 AM »

These are my answers to IanI's questions

building for comfort and need rather than excess and greed...  
what do Ones and Ones need to do in order to achieve this?

One needs to be comfortable with oneself. But that is a process and not something that can be easily achieved. Those who are interested need to spend time with others whom they consider to be more enlightened to get assistance to work this out. People will need to recapture the truths in themselves about the laws of nature and they need to feel the effects of babylon's excesses.

No. One cannot be living babylon's false values and achieve this. One needs to understand babylon’s system and choose to be different. Of course, people can start improving from within the system, as it is not always practical to make an abrupt turn. Actually, it is not necessary to walk away from the corrupt society as it provides a fertile ground to practice good living while learning from the resistance that comes. This further allows one to realize the quality of the character of those they once considered friends. Staying in society whilst consciously pursuing one's development allows others to learn from one's example. This is the practical way to spread better works. It is good for others to see that one can do right and stand up to all corruption. If babylon expels such a person then that person has been liberated from the effects of babylon's wrongs.

Can this be achieved by reading about people of natural livity and looking at their pictures?

Although reading and pictures can provide great insights they are no substitute for real experiences and realizations. If people are reading and are not putting what they understand into practice then they are not benefiting from the reading.

Can ones find true balance and harmony with the Natural without actually living in the Natural?

Yes. Some people can rekindle their awareness of the laws and apply them from wherever they are. Going back to the bush environment can then be very relaxing for those people. The initial reason for a return to the natural/bush environment was to recapture the laws of nature. There are other ways this can be done for those outside of a natural/bush environment. These laws are intrinsic in everything and can be realized anywhere but this calls for discipline. Some people may be able to do this through reflection providing they have tremendous integrity and are willing to move to wherever a truth takes them. However, most people will need the assistance of others who have made this journey to recapture these basic laws.

How many actually have the courage to give up their lifestyle of excess and convenience to find the harmony them would wish for?

If they are not prepared to make a change in their lifestyles then they are simply not ready.

what do ones and ones need to be doing to "see" a peoples character?

We measure character by first developing our own and by observing the words and actions of others. If people claim to understand something, then their actions must reflect this. If they are honest, then they would be receptive to reasoning in search of more truths to act upon. Character is related to one's actions in relation to one's understanding.
Ras Mandingo

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2003, 12:13:45 PM »

Ayinde,

You made me remeber my recent experience in the Capoeira envirnoment.

I feel myself as an observer looking for respectfull truht wherever it may be contained.

One thing that occupies I reflections nowadays is: sometimes we have to leave some people and places who will stuck our developing processes. Every person has a way to go. We can find people who seems to be walking similar paths to us.  They can be in the same moment of the process, ahead of us or behing us...but this people we can compare words, attitudes, results...and we can strenght each other. Other kind of people will try to stop or disturb your process in the name of their love (?) for you. If we tend to be too sentimental, we can stop us from doing what we have to do because we don't want conflict with this people or because we think that to continue with this people we would have to kill our innerself (wich is what they expect in most of times).

One has to be strong and flexible to feel what is necessary to the own person and keep on.

One "collegue" (friend?) from Capoeira was telling me how he felt I was with a supperior attitude, because I wanted to share my own research about life - meaning that place and that people weren't for that.

I was meditating how inferior people can feel and then say that is you who feels superior.

My provisory conclusion of the meditation was: for me, everyone and everything is a Master of life, revealing reality in it's inumerous forms of expression. But, the ones who feel they are masters have a tendency to feel they are the ones who are supposed to teach (not share what they know) and that ohter people who may want to share (teach?) something with them, in their environment can put their leadership in danger, as only them are supposed to know and teach. And if this person is really naive, he may tend to think his a master of life and has nothing else to learn.

I'm just mentioning how this reasoning reacted on me, but I guess you ahve already explained nice why insecurites arise... FEAR IS THE OPPOSITE OF LOVE.

Enough Raspect,

Mandingo.

Haile,
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: