Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:08:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 99 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Essays and Reasonings (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  WE ARE ALL AFRICANS PERIOD!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: WE ARE ALL AFRICANS PERIOD!  (Read 14284 times)
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« on: July 02, 2003, 05:24:53 AM »

Black Amerikkkans,  Africans in the Diaspora and AFRiCA

African History have been Distorted, Hidden, Ignored and Thwarted by AmeriKKKan Society. The result is a Distorted view of Africa on the part of Most Americans. Are African-Amerikkkans sincerely interested in reconnecting with Native Africans and the Motherland just by sheer fact that we belong to the same Race? I could boldly say that BLACK AMERICANS along with their White counterparts in AmeriKKKa are somewhat shallow about AFRICA, not with nor by intent, but by the mere fact that they are not exposed to the Deeper sense of AFRICA. Because all they hear about Africa is Poverty, Africans being Uneducated Fools living in Mud Huts, all walking Carriers of the Aids Virus.

Africans in the Diaspora are not ALL avid Pan-Africanists. But we must consider however that in the Midst of the struggle a LARGER NUMBER of African descents in the Caribbean, Brazil and the Americas held on to OUR Heritage! If you go to any of these countries, you will SEE that Black people do things differently from the way white people do them, in the same country, in contrast of Blacks in North Amerikkka. That difference is the difference in CULTURE, European and African Culture phenomenal. Despite many years of Separation from Africa considerable West African Traditions still remained. Watch the Markets in Jamaica, Barbados, Trinidad, St Lucia, Antigua, Guyana, Brazil, Cuba and compare them with the ones in Senegal, Mali, Ghana, Nigeria, Chad, Congo, Ivory Coast, Burkina Faso, Niger, Benin or Togo you will notice striking similarities!

Therefore I think it is the Duty of Black Amerikkkans having reached the end of their journey to Freedom to reconcile with Native Africans, African people in the Diaspora and the Motherland. They should strive towards it! But instead of learning, accepting, and attaching themselves to their Ancestors' culture, they choose to Imitate and Follow the Culture and Ideals of the very same people who Oppress them for centuries  Huh.

Today though, it's nice to see More and More Brothers ands Sisters in AmeriKKKa beginning to think out of the bubble. Smiley I am especially happy to know Conscious Brothers and sisters here in the U.S who had the Opportunity to visit the Motherland, thus had to Opportunity to Experience their Roots. This is very important for their Self-preservation! I urge African-Amerikkkans to Gain all the knowledge they can about our Ancestors, continue to visit and give to the Motherland from their hearts! They will be richly rewarded for their efforts.

WE ARE ALL AFRICANS PERIOD!

Kelani-

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
Ras_Joe

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2003, 07:59:23 AM »

Peace FiyaKelani,

As an African-American I find that this post is so true. As a brother who strives everyday to seek INI roots, it at times seems as if other African-Americans who interact with I in a way condemn I for INI way of life. Some have even told me that I was trying to be something that I wasn't, and at times have said I need to follow in their destructive ways. But Queen with the knowledge that I possess I look pass this because I know it is they who are being something that they ARE NOT and know that it is I who is moving towards true success.

You know Kelani since so many African-Americans and others of African descent reject their roots, this I feel is the main reason why we suffer at the hands of the oppressors more so than those who seek to know self. Ones of African descent must overstand that to be connected with INI roots is the key to mental freedom and spiritual upliftment. Sister we in no way will we be able to walk in the site of Jah if we reject who we are. Sister Africa is the beauty that we all must acknowledge, and know that it is Mama who gives her children the proper nourisment.

Continue to Bring Forth Light,
Ras Joe
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2003, 01:03:31 PM »

Dear BROTHER JOE,

Indeed it's very sad to see how deep the majority of African-Americans have inhaled the Rubbish history, which demonized Africans from the same predators who Oppress them for centuries.  As long as these African-Americans stick to the white version, then our people and continent will be vulnerable for more Exploitation. Already some African Americans are working for governmental secret services and U.S military to destabilize Africa. Where is the brotherhood with these arrogant African-Americans Angry?
We must ALL forsake the "Divide and Conquer" Tactic of the Europeans, represent AFRICA, and develop political strategy to cover mistakes from our Forefathers and African peoples, up-building and develop AFRICA. Lack of these tactics among our leaders and most of our people have brought poverty on the Motherland.

RAS_JOE I am HAPPY that you feel the NEED to learn more about your ROOTS Grin. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR YOUR SELF- PRESERVATION! Let me add, that Africa needs YOU. Our Help and Expertise will go a long way in helping to build a STRONGER and BETTER AFRICA! Continue to gain all the KNOWLEDGE you can about your Ancestors, visit the continent and give to the Motherland from your heart! You will be richly rewarded for your efforts, TRUST!

Love, Peace and Blessings to you!

Kelani-

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
wezekana

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 12:39:51 PM »

We are Africans!

Even the term African-American is ambiguous and, seemingly, an attempt at confusion.
The term 'American' as commonly used rivals the formal definition given in most dictionaries.

Dictionary.com
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/american
A·mer·i·can –adjective
1.   of or pertaining to the United States of America or its inhabitants: an American citizen.
2.   of or pertaining to North or South America; of the Western Hemisphere: the American continents.
3.   of or pertaining to the aboriginal Indians of North and South America, usually excluding the Eskimos, regarded as being of Asian (Huh) ancestry and marked generally by reddish to brownish skin, black hair, dark eyes, and prominent cheekbones.
–noun
4.   a citizen of the United States of America.
5.   a native or inhabitant of the Western Hemisphere.
6.   an Indian of North or South America.
7.   American English.
8.   a steam locomotive having a four-wheeled front truck, four driving wheels, and no rear truck.

Simple enough, right? Wrong!
The etymology of the word, or shall we say the earliest known usages and origins and historical meanings of the word 'American' imply something quite different. My how language can be used to confuse.

Online Etymology Dictionary
http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?search=american&searchmode=none

American
    17c., from America (q.v.); originally in ref. to what are now called Native Americans; the sense of "resident of America of European descent" is first recorded 1765. American dream first recorded 1931. Americanism "attachment to the U.S." first recorded 1797 in writings of Thomas Jefferson.

Africans are in no way true Americans... neither are Europeons. Neither are Native Americans as they are not the children of Amerigo Vespucci but are instead a peoples with names of their own. The possibility for identification with an oppressor will continue to exist until we learn to better see ourselves as what we are... Africans.

Zhindzi

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 02:16:33 PM »

Selam
Yes
WE ARE ALL AFRICANS
The Mother of ALL nations is BLACK
Even white people come through Blackness
Selah

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: