Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:55:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 99 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  SCIENCE, SOCIOLOGY, RELIGION
| |-+  Health and Livity (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  What Stones Can Help With
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What Stones Can Help With  (Read 20300 times)
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« on: March 17, 2004, 05:14:56 AM »

Aegirine - Self-quest revitalize mind, increases other stone healing energy

Agate- Discerns the truth, accepts circumstances, powerful emotional healer

Ajoite- Removes implants, activates, energizes the upper heart Chakra, aligns with the Universal spirit
Alexandrite- Enhances the rebirth of inner and outer self, promotes awareness

Amazonite- Aligns astral bodies, unity with life, enhances creative expression

Amber- Calming for hyperactivity and stressed nerves, finds humor and joy

Amethyst- Encourages inner peace, fights addictive behavior, transforms energy

Ametrine- Dispels negativity, aids decision making, meditation, relieves stress

Andalusite- Stimulates past memories, re-alignment and centering of self

Angelite- Protects, strengthens degenerate organs, excellent for creative people

Apache Tear- Grants forgiveness, understanding in distress

Apatite- Good for communication, highly psychic, controls weight gain

Apophyllitie- Loving attunement to body and spirit, stimulates intuition

Aquamarine- Banishes fears, calms nerves, imparts strength and control

Astrophyllite- Facilitates astral travel increases our perception of our purpose in life

Aragonite- Calms & centers, allows for insight, aids self discipline if directed

Aventurine- Independence, strong legs and joints, helps in career change

Azurite- Guidance to psychic self, cuts through illusion, enhances communication

Azurite-Malachite- Initiates transformation, aids clarity and understanding in vision

Blizzard Stone- Magnetic qualities protects our fields, helps to recall past lives

Blue Lace Agate- Expands consciousness, soothing, wise, and public speaking

Bloodstone- Prevents high blood pressure, cleanser of body, aids decision making

Boji Stone- Sense of joy, highly energetic, draws out pain

Brazilianite- Promotes trust in self, refreshes memories of pre-physical existence, gently clears blockages. excellent tool for the chakra

Bustamite- Stimulates dreams, a harmonious stabilizer, remove negativity

Calcite- Aids memory, good for arts and sciences, balances mental and emotional

Candle Quartz- Aids in accessing ancient knowledge and putting it to use

Carnelian- Releases sorrow, envy, fear, empathy, and rage, past life work

Celestite- Clears speech, personal expression, highly spiritual

Charoite- Accelerates spiritual growth, enhances self-esteem, and ability to love

Chiastolite- Transmutes dissension into harmony, balances perspectives

Chrysocolla- Communication, female energy, creativity, relieves ulcer, arthritis

Chrysoprase- Prevents depression, increases grace and equilibrium, balances energy

Citrine- Cleans auras, detoxifies the body, aids tissue regeneration

Copper- Soothes arthritis, releases restrictions, stimulates initiative and optimism

Coral- Protection from evil, increases imagination, resolves conflicts

Danburlite- Stimulates intellect, enhances psychic ability and self-assuredness

Diamond- Brings forth purity, harmony, and love, also brings abundance

Diopside- Brings necessary tears, heals trauma, aids regression, scrying stone

Dioptase- Attracts love, abundance, prosperity and health

Dravite- A protective stone that brings the peace of the earth to the higher self

Elestials- Assist in comprehending life , levels of death, spirit and the immortality

Emerald- Secures love, attracts wealth, profitable dreaming

Epidote - Enhances that to which you attune it

Fluorite- Aids comprehension, strengthens teeth and bones, stabilizing and calming

Fossil- Aids past life exploration, protection from spells

Galen- Harmony, healthy hair, medical students, promotes holistic studies

Garnet- Increases health, fidelity, imagination, and balances energy flow

Gibbon Meteorite- Connection w/ All that is, grounds universal energy

Gold- Purifying, healing, balancing, attracts honors, masculine energy

Gypsum- Relieves stagnation, offers level-headedness

Hematite- Grounding, promotes common sense and level headedness

Herkimer Diamond- Stimulates clairvoyance/psychic abilities, soothes tension, sleep

Hematite- Clears negativity, eliminates feelings of inferiority, promotes positive change

Holly Blue Agate - Spiritual and psychic actualization, as one teaches, one also learns

Howlite- Combines reasoning, observation and patience, providing for discernment

Iolite- Gives accurate visions, releases discord, strengthens liver, soul connector

Infinite- Deals with your past, present, future at once, very loving angelic stone

Jade - Reduces eyestrain and negativity, promotes longevity, dreams

Jasper- Powerful physical healer, protects against negativity

Jet - Dispels migraines, illness, violence, deep depression, protects finances

Kunzite- Reduces insecurity, addictions, and a loving stone, gives maturity

Kyanite - Promotes clarity and understanding in dreams, enhances creativity

Labradorite - Brings recognition of destiny, increases telepathic ability

Lapis Lazuli - Strengthens total awareness, ESP, skeleton, thyroid, creativity

Larimar - Confidence builder, good for sales, reduces depression, builds serenity

Lepidolite- Promotes self-love. alleviates stress, anger, tension

Malachite- Lucky money stone, aids sleep, asthma, and labor, intense and probing

Moldavite- Channeling inter-dimensional sources, catalyst for important life changes

Moonstone- Lucky love stone, calming, introspective, assists with emotional release

Morganite- Sisterhood, balances emotions, heals pain of separation, love energy

Obsidian- Eliminates gullibility, offers detachment, very protective

Onyx - Relieves stress and grief, strengthens self-control and morality

Opal - Recalls past lives, aids inner beauty, faithfulness, and eyesight

Peacock Rock- Fresh new outlook on life, strong healing properties

Pacos Diamond - Stabilizes emotions, brings joy, aids creativity and intuition

Peridot- Opens new doors, removes stress, fear, guilt, activates personal growth

Petalite- Enhances one's ability to feel energy, dissolves spells, negative energy and black magic, the stone of angels, calming and focusing

Petrified Wood- Connection to Earth and Nature, removes petty annoyance

Phenacite - Inner knowing, spiritual travel, increases energy of other stones

Pietersite- Dignified power and loving guidance, accesses akashic records

Prase- Resolves sexuality issues, sense of oneness with universe. earth mother stones

Prehnite- Balances chakra, enhances personal relationships

Seraphinite- Cleans aura & chakra, helps contact Angels. Energy of cooperation

Silicated Feldspar- Break old bonds, powerful energy tool, Loving male energy

Silver - Energy conductor, eases stress and improves speech, feminine energy

Purpurite- Helps break-away from limited patterns, increases spirituality, and finances

Pyrite- Increases memory, concentration, spiritual and psychic ability for student

Quartz- Programmable stone, breaks bad habits, channeling stone, enhances life force

Rhodochrosite- Strengthens mental power, finds new love

Rhodonite- Energy in trauma, assuredness, helps one achieve the greatest potential

Rose Quartz- Reduces weight, wrinkles, and self-assuredness, love stone

Ruby- Mental balance, improves circulation, protects sensitive natures

Rutilated Quartz- Excellent for birthing process, enhances communication

Sapphire- Goals, motivator, strengthens loyalty, highly evolved spiritual stone

Scepter Quartz- Atlantis, Lemurian symbol of power, focuses energy within heart

Selenite- Flexibility, decision-making, clarity, strengthens spinal column

Smoky Quartz- Relieves depression, tension, balances sexual energies, super grounding stone

Sodalite- Prophetic dreaming, endocrine system, eliminates confusion

Staurolite- Tear of fairies, good luck, helps transition, makes oneself at ease

Stichtite- Helps us receive the new loving energy, enlightens emotions

Strawberry Quartz- Recall past lives. eases tension in a relationship

Sugilite- Aids physical healing, reduces stress, strengthens heart, emotional balance

Manganese- Increases psychic and spiritual awareness while being grounded

Sunstone- Dissipates fearfulness, increases vitality, spiritual growth a stone of luck

Tanzanite- Stone of magic, facilitates spiritual awareness, stimulates insight

Tektite- Wisdom through life experience prevents emotional scars

Tiger Eye- Psychic protector, great for business, helps achieve clarity, and wealth

Tiger Iron- Enhances creativity through meditation, good for motivation on all levels

Topaz- Tissue regeneration, kidneys, and bladder enhance understanding

Tourmaline- Relieves fatigue, anemia, increases success and love

Turquoise- Friendship, mental relaxation, respiratory system

Unakite- Enhances sense of personal power, converts the negative into the positive

Zincite- Removal of energy blockage cathartic, brings together similar minds

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
out_of_Zion

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2004, 10:38:21 AM »

I've heard of this kind of stuff before, but what is it rooted in?  Beyond that, how did they go about determining which stone helps with what ailment?

Therefore, become imitators of JAH, as beloved children - Ephesians 5:1
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2004, 02:13:57 PM »

Excellent question Out of Zion! To answer your question I would say that the philosophical and metaphysical indigenous religions state that the relationship with both the world of matter and how it interacts with the world of spirit is very potent. By this they mean that everything is alive: a rock, a tree, a stream, a cloud, a flower, the earth beneath our feet. Everything is sentient and has the right to the same rights to life as humans or animals. The elements of Nature (air, fire, earth and water), rocks, fauna and flora have immense power and can promote everyday insight and healing for human beings. Indeed shamanism traditional religions teach that every rock has a spirit of its own. Many indigenous peoples used not only herbs but also rock remedies with remarkable results. Myself, I have experienced the effectiveness of the methods using rock, what some westerners call "miracles" but are just manifestations of the Nature spirits themselves. The shamans of all ages teach that each rock (and herb) is under the jurisdiction of planets or stars. For instance, a person who is anemic lack iron is believed to be under control of Mars. Thus, in order to bring the influence of Mars to the sufferer, around his neck for instances is hung an amulet or talisman made of iron and bearing upon it certain secret instructions reputed to invoke the Nature spirit of Mars. Or you may counter diseases by rock of the planet opposite to the planet that causes them (Jupiter vs. Venus, Mars vs. Saturn) something like that. DR Congo as many of the poorest nations on earth, intensively use this traditional medical system that is a reservoir of our heritage and principles and fit inexpensively and remarkably our needs.

Bantu Kelani.

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
Oshun_Auset

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2004, 02:20:53 PM »

Thanks Bantu Kelani for listing all the properties of these rocks/minerals/chrystals...It is much appreciated! Grin

Forward to a united Africa!
out_of_Zion

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2004, 03:10:52 PM »

Well, that's certainly very interesting.  Some of the things I would be inclined to agree with, as I've seen people wear copper bracelets to aid with joint problems & arthritic conditions.  Also, I'd be interested to see if Topaz could actually perform the medical feats the list boasts, as tissue regeneration is no small feat.  I'd also like to see Tourmaline aid anemia, as that is a condition my mother has. As a man of science, I'm more interested in how these stones would interact with the psyche of the individual as I believe that is probably what holds the healing power, some kind of latent pre-existing bodily response that the stone aids in occuring...it's certainly interesting food for thought.

And then there are a few I am just completely incredulous over such as the opal & strawberry quartz aiding in recalling past lives.  I don't believe in reincarnation or past lives, but believe we came to be at the time of conception and the sum of our spirit's existence and knowledge is confined to its single journey through life.

Nonetheless, thanks for educating me about this topic!   Two Thumbs

Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2004, 01:50:13 PM »

You are both welcome Wink. I love the positive energy of crystals. I'm glad to share the knowledge of their spirits therapy with you.. Indeed, exploring healing and meditation with the use of beautiful stones often strike the western mind or skeptic as a "bogus" or "fairytale" activity. I can only say this Out-of-Zion, TRY IT! I assure you the power of crystals is powerful and work just as the healing therapy of western medicine. Believe me, there is spiritual power in the stones available to anyone who opens their minds to the unexpected. When you are drawing to yourself the power spirit of various natural forces of course you have to develop your power of IMAGINATION.  You have to open your eyes to a new reality. You have to form a bridge to the spirit worlds and yourself. Shamanic traditions recognize that all diseases are expression of illness that first came into being in the spirit world then migrated to the physical plane. (Western medicine is largely ignorant of this fact). Thus, the shaman healer job is to challenge the illness also by activating the powers of soul and faith of the sufferer. Because a true and a lasting healing (not a western quick fix medicine similar to putting a Band-Aid on diseases) happens on the spiritual level! Thus, crystal healing works on the spiritual, emotional and mind first, last on the physical plane.

Nature spirits exist and can be contacted to give us insight and healing. It might appear curious to westerners or skeptics but denial they don't exist won't destroy them. It only makes us ignorant of their existence, leaving them free to roam among humans unrecognized. No such naive belief exists in traditional African religion. I suggest you reflect for a moment on your favorite stones and ask yourself why you like these in particular and analyze how their source of energy can help you in your life.  

Bantu Kelani.

out_of_Zion

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2004, 08:49:56 PM »

You know Bantu, a lot of Westerners would reject it not only as silly but as "demonic" because they're so brainwashed into thinking that anything that comes from tribal backgrounds is associated with tribal rituals which their narrow minds have come to call demon dances and such.  It's pretty pathetic how short the band of thought ranges in some of the minds around here where I live in what is commonly referred to as the 'Bible belt.'  Doing nistry work I do as a Jehovah's Witness, we run into about the most ignorant, closed minded indivuals America can offer down here in Florida.  I think even you would be surprised at some of them (I say "even you" b/c I know you've been around the world in many places)...

Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2004, 03:46:21 AM »

I only roamed the world due to the rape and ruin of my homeland. Most native Africans like myself have no choice but to migrate to survive. My wanderings taught me a lot though. They taught me to appreciate the simplest things here in the West, because for many years I had nothing. I met small-minded people too.. But you know what? These people increased my wisdom..One simply cannot learn if one has not his or her beliefs shaken by other people, you feel me?

Well, it seems the folks in your community need some heavy-duty education! One who studies the world well and reads about the history of humans will find that everybody came up with practices that went with their culture and philosophies. Traditional African philosophy, like others, was a way to explain and relate with natural phenomenon. Disliking Shamanic traditions is just like not respecting their own traditions. They are attacking the primeval religion when they want to represent the primeval-God-energy. I see a big contradiction! Westerners have yet to know the depth of African practices and the entire philosophical and metaphysical essence of the African existence. It starts with respecting the oldest religion of this planet. Traditional African religion is their own ancestral religion..tell them that. Or don't... let them accept whatever belief they want, that's okay. In the long run, it's them who will have to pay for their ignorance. As above, so below.

Bantu Kelani.

out_of_Zion

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2004, 01:25:15 PM »

BK -

Oft times we seldom get beyond hello because these people are so self-centered, arrogant, and self-satisified that they ridicule anything which is not their of their own philosophy.  Sometimes, I want to give up on trying at all, but I try to keep the attitude that "hope springs eternal" and that even if I talk to 1000 blind ones and only one has ears to hear JAH spirit, then it was worth it for that one.

If nothing else, I would think people would be a little more curious to understand other cultures/religions/traditions, etc.  I've taken the time to study as much as my 23 years have allowed me so far because the only way to fully appreciate our brothers and sisters on this planet is to gain an appreciation for the things they hold dear and sacred - even and especially if they aren't the same as yours.

Also, however, it goes without saying, that when you live in a country like this one (US) and everyone is pursuing monetary goals, their spirit and heart is numbed by greed and competition.  It's one of Satan's biggest tools to keep mankind separated and at war with himself.  Misunderstanding breeds fear, separation...and mistrust. All we can do is do our part to be educated & enlightened and keep ourselves separate from the world at large (John 17:16, "They (deciples of Yeshua) are no part of the world, just as I am no part of this world.").

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: