Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:46:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 116 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  SCIENCE, SOCIOLOGY, RELIGION
| |-+  Health and Livity (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  My Fast and the Africans.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: My Fast and the Africans.  (Read 8899 times)
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« on: March 31, 2004, 01:40:05 PM »

My fast was meant to break the bonds of apathy; their starving breaks the bond of life and hastens death.
My fast brings headaches and slight dizziness; their starving brings a torment to the mortal body, a constant fire.
My fast can be broken; their starvation is unrelenting.
My fast may bring applause; their starving brings looks of horror and disgust.
My fast is self-imposed; their starving leaves them bewildered, victims of the worst cancer.
My fast smacks of pride; their starving is pregnant with shame.
My fast is a hymn, a song; their starving is a funeral dirge, a cry that shrieks of the grave.
My fast is a plea to men; their starving is no longer a plea but a dying demand.
My fast is a beginning; their starving is an end.

Brian Koehler.

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2004, 01:47:08 PM »

Fasts are essential to rebalance our negative thoughts and reduce the greed of our urban societies. Fast for 4 days or longer and experience how many people live today with hunger and utter poverty. 8 millions people starve in the draught plagued heartland of AFRICA... I encourage you all to fast regularly for your fellow human beings. It will make you humble to their experiences and make your character stronger. A bit of starvation gives you compassion and eagerness for Justice! I fast every week for good health and as a moral gesture. Fasting is my ideal ethic of austerity and philanthropy.

Bantu Kelani.

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: