Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:05:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 100 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  SCIENCE, SOCIOLOGY, RELIGION
| |-+  Mainstream Religion (Moderator: Tyehimba)
| | |-+  Haile Selassie-please explain n detail in divinity
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Haile Selassie-please explain n detail in divinity  (Read 34080 times)
Royalty

Roots

« on: April 14, 2004, 09:18:02 AM »

Please explain to Me exactly on what grounds is Haile Selassie I seen as Divine, and what evidence do We have.  I am not saying anything to contridict anyones  beliefs I just wanted it to be absolutely clear.

out_of_Zion

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2004, 11:39:04 AM »

Someone else may desire to add to this, but H.I.M. Haile Selassie is believed to be a decendant of the line of Solomon and the triumph manifestation of JAH for the tribe of Judah.  His name, "Haile Selassie" means "power of the trinity," as it is believed he is a manifestation of JAH's power on Earth, as the prophets of old.  Several prophetic fulfillments are attributed to him both within the Greek and the Hebrew scriptures, though he is not a "replacement" in the minds of most (but not all Rastafari) of the Jewish prophet Yeshua (or Jesus Christ to most Xtians) or a fulfillment of the prophesies in Isaiah attributed to the Messiah.

As for evidence, like many of JAH's holy messengers many miracles were attributed to Haile Selassie and he spoke words from the holy spirit.  This, however, has been denied by most white Xtians because of their lack of desire to associate Afrikans with Bible prophecy.

Therefore, become imitators of JAH, as beloved children - Ephesians 5:1
Blessed

Roots

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2004, 01:41:32 PM »

Has anyone had the oppurtunity to read the Autobiography of His Imperial MAjesty Haile Selassie ? I think it would clarify a lot of these topics and questions on this board.

The road of life is nothing but a test, the lessons you learn , you must never forget.
preach

Roots

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2004, 01:25:03 AM »

The title of Divinity can be attributed to so many people throughout history. They all fit the criteria whether it is Selassie, Dr. York, Master Farad(Fard), Yashua, the Dalai Lama. Perhaps their collective efforts compose the divine.

love
gman

AfricaSpeaks

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2004, 07:03:07 AM »

Huh?DR. YORK?Huh
How about the title of child molester, plagiarist, manipulator of vulnerable ignorant people, egomaniac, lunatic?
Seems like these titles fit him better than the title of 'divinity'.
Oshun_Auset

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2004, 10:14:17 AM »

Huh?DR. YORK?Huh
How about the title of child molester, plagiarist, manipulator of vulnerable ignorant people, egomaniac, lunatic?
Seems like these titles fit him better than the title of 'divinity'.

lol...I have to agree.

Forward to a united Africa!
preach

Roots

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2004, 05:39:41 PM »

Dr. York is considered Divine in the eyes of his followers. David Koresh is considered divine in the eyes of his followers. Some of the former's and the latter's work can be hailed as inspirational. My point is, and please forgive the cliche, divinity is in the eye of the beholder.

love
Micah-EL-Layl

AfricaSpeaks.co m

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2004, 11:43:09 AM »

peace....
well....yes alot of people are considered divine but the simple fact is that nobody else fits the description of a "lost tribe" better than the African in North America and the Carribean....we can all agree on this right?  The Bible does say that the Lion Of JUdah will release the 7 seals and since the Jamaicans are part of this "lost tribe" it would make perfect sence that the Good King Selassie I is the fullfillment of this prophecy....and the Bible also says that Elijah will come before that great and dreadfull day and since the Africans in NOrth America are part of this "lost tribe" it would make perfect sence that Elijah is the Good Messenger of Master Fard Muhammad.......
preach

Roots

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2004, 01:04:21 PM »

I think we mistakenly give individuals the title of Divine when they are merely reformers and/or redeemers. Much like Martin Luther and the protestants. Nothing cataclysmic according to the criteria set forth by the holy books has occured under the tutelage of the individuals misnombered divine.  

love
NB

Roots

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2004, 12:25:03 PM »

Ethiopia is the kingdom of God!  Who did Igzabier place in the throne of David at the most pivotal moment in Ethiopia's history?  Haile Selassie I.  However, Selassie did say to not worship the flesh, so instead we must sight his divinity within his consciousness.  As Iyasus never died on a cross, but was reborn (resurected) in the minds and hearts of a great many people, so is Haile Selassie I's consciousness.  What is the thought power(consciousness) I'm talking about?  Fight for the preservation of Ethiopia, and lead a righteous and loving life, follow a path of pure spirituality.  I never would have found the love of Iyasus in my life if not for the enduring spirit of H.I.M..  If divinity is in the eye of the beholder, then behold Haile Selassie I.  Also, take the time to study H.I.M's autobiography, it sheds great light, and has been a massive inspiration.
                Selam
Kebo

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2004, 02:07:32 PM »

In the time when Haile Sellassie was being deposed from his position as the emperor his name was put to shame. There was dirt being thrown at him and his reputation widespread in Ethiopia, surrounded by accusations of theft and then being poorly treated by the new government.

Its interesting to see that through those dark clouds that He  was enshrouded in he has emerged. His name and might have come through and his name is ever-widening it seems in the world. I doubt that the Marxist government who overthrew him would have counted on this.

Kebo

African justice - white redemption
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: