Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:46:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 100 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  SCIENCE, SOCIOLOGY, RELIGION
| |-+  Spirituality (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  To achieve balance
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: To achieve balance  (Read 10015 times)
Karen88

Roots

« on: May 09, 2004, 06:58:38 PM »

The ancients believed that in order to achieve balance one has to control the ego and sexual energy.

Any views on this?
Jahse

Roots

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2004, 03:58:49 PM »

Greetings,
   Karen88.. What type of balance are you speaking of? There must be a balance between the material and the spiritual as His Majesty says. That is a balance for self, do you mean balancing the scales with equal Ego and Sexual? PLease elaborate Smiley
   Ises
preach

Roots

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2004, 09:31:43 PM »

I believe that when people attempt to control their ego they sometimes deny themselves. I'm not saying that the ego should not be checked. I think that people set unrealistic goals that are next to impossible to reach, and by doing so actually put themselves in a position where they are prone to repeat negative behavior as they see it. I think we should embrace fullheartedly our desires, not necessarily physically but accepting who we are and taking steps to improve gradually on our own terms. Sex is a pleasurable experience that if suppressed will only heighten the desire. So the balance comes from not abstaining from it but by embracing it and exploring the spiritual benefits of it.

love
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: