Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:52:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 100 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Special Reasonings Archive
| | |-+  A Confession of Racism
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: A Confession of Racism  (Read 39192 times)
Kebo

RastafariSpeaks .com

« on: July 11, 2003, 06:33:57 PM »

One thing the Almighty has showed me through being involved on this reasoning forum is that the depth and breadth of anti-black racism goes beyond what i had previously realized.

The reasoning forum also shows that there is no way to hide racism when individuals reason, it comes out and it looks hidden to the speaker perhaps but its on the page and this forum recognizes it, racism is always recognized here.

And so to be involved in this rasta forum any white man has got to face the fact that he's got racism and that nothing he says can make any legitimate contribution, unless he's given the fire and can endure the fire

I feel thats its my duty to acknowledge to the black africans of this forum and all people dedicated to the movement that I'm a white man with racism in my psyche. Its never occurred to me before and I've always considered myself and blacks equal but its becoming apparent that racism runs deeper in the brain and its scope is wider .

I don't expect any sympathy for coming clean on this issue, but its my hope to be able to continue to participate in these reasonings because I do believe in the road to redemption, and to reach that destination a man has got to endure the fire, and the fire is here.

I've been burned so far in this forum, especially when i first showed up, but I must continue to get burned and hacked down. There's no other way for me to run.

Kebo

African justice - white redemption
Ayinde
Ayinde

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2003, 09:05:13 PM »

This is a step in the right direction.
Maybe you can look to the same women and others whom you find are smart on the forum and allow them to help with your research. All it takes is truth telling, accepting responsibility for your personal conduct and then you can help improve the whole situation.

We’ll see…
italnational
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2003, 12:50:14 PM »

Kebo you have good qualities & overstanding,keep it up brethren,the temptation of Babylon is worse for you than I.Don't look back or you will turn into a pillow of salt.
Ras_Joe

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2003, 06:29:35 PM »

I pray that INI mind becomes clearer and free from the ills of racism.

Peace,
Ras Joe
benja

Hail the I

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2003, 01:17:54 AM »

I think its important for anyone raised within the identity of whiteness to acknowledge the racism that they have been taught to reproduce and how it fits into their world view. I don't think that there is anyone in Amerikkka, be they seed of Africa or Europe, that hasn't been taught racialized thinking and a whole host of logics and assumptions that goes with it.

In my upbringing, race was something that just wasn't discussed. As with any situation of "privilege," it wasn't our problem. My parents were too wrapped up teaching religion. I found myself growing up, listening to music, reading all kinds of books, gaining some consciousness and then wanting to put myself exactly where the truth and correct was. My whole identity and self got caught up in this struggle for truth. I strove so dilligently to come to some conclusion about what the "truth" was, what the "rules" are, all that stuff instead of seeking a spiritual existance seeking to live in the way of the creator.

I've learned that if you're trying to place yourself somewhere, trying to find a place to fit in, trying to seek something external to yourself that will give you a sense of identity or self value, you will do so seeking acceptance and trying to model yourself in the image of those you are seeking acceptance from. If you are someone of european ascent in this circumstance, you'll be more likely to cover up those deep down logics that you've been taught, those underlying assumptions, all that Amerikkkan stuff that is spewed from the TV, media, society, etc... in order to be accepted, or be "politically correct" or cool, or whatever.

What you've got to do is dig that sh*t out of your brain, face you're fears, insecurities, all that stuff and put it all out on the table.

I don't know if this is the place, but obviously something like (I believe) DuBois said, race is still a major factor for the 20th century. Maybe Ras Tafari fire allows for some of this inequity to get burned out here. I definately know race doesn't seem to be very broadly discussed in any other place like I've seen it being discussed here.

Even as much as you might know or feel like you've gained some insight, you've got to find a way to restructure your logic and more importantly what you teach to your children.

Kebo, I don't say this to you directly, like these are thing you need to do according to how I see it, more so that this is the experience and thoughts I've had around this.

Human beings sure have managed to create a schism for themselves over race, wealth and power. I wonder how things will continue to change as we move out of the era of european influence. I wonder what it will take to restore balance???

Check out Iman Selection for free online at:
http://www.totallyradio.com/show_pages/shows.php?show=76
Rootsie

Rootsie.com

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2003, 03:09:43 AM »

Well, one thing is takes is ones such as yourself, benja, who are willing to entertain these ideas and share with each other and grow. Good post.
ROOTSWOMAN

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2003, 08:50:46 AM »

Greetings,

First I'd like to commend Kebo for admitting that racism is a disease which imbeds itself deep in the subconscious of the mind, like tiny grains of sand imbedded into sand.  Very difficult and lengthy process to remove this...  And this is NOT something which only imbeds itself in white folx, as the EFFECTS of racism are just as lethal and long lasting in African Descendants.  The two principles (racism and reacting to racism) are rooted from the same wicked system, though there are MAJOR differences between the 2 principles.

Also I would like to address a couple of comments made by Ras Benja:

I don't know if this is the place, but obviously something like (I believe) DuBois said, race is still a major factor for the 20th century. Maybe Ras Tafari fire allows for some of this inequity to get burned out here. I definately know race doesn't seem to be very broadly discussed in any other place like I've seen it being discussed here.

Yes indeed, racism is STILL a major factor, for as long as we are controlled by this Global Racist Order, these factors will continue to plague InI.  RasTafari FIYAH is the purifier of wicked babble-wrong (babylon) as long as it remains PURELY AFRIKAN in tradition, kulcha, teachings, and MIND-SET.  As long as we are LOYAL to PAN AFRIKANISM! As long as InI continue to EXPOSE the ROOT of racism while RE-EDUCATING the Global African Village, setting things RIGHT SIDE UP...then yes, RasTafari will continue to be a major factor in the erradication of racism.  This is part of the HEALING PROCESS that InI sight right here pon this forum, as well as within Pan Afrikan gatherings/circles/movements.

Human beings sure have managed to create a schism for themselves over race, wealth and power. I wonder how things will continue to change as we move out of the era of european influence. I wonder what it will take to restore balance

A particular type of "being" have IMPOSED their racist thought and behavior upon another type of HUE-MAN BEING, causing the latter to REACT to THEIR racist system.  How long will this continue?  As long as we THINK LIKE FOREIGN MEN WITH FOREIGN WAYS.  As long as InI, as a COLLECTIVE, make that crucial SANKOFIC JOURNEY (retreiving from the past/source in order to better forward into the future).  What will it take to restore balance?  A RETURN TO ANCESTRAL WISDOM AND GENIUS! It will take InI PERMANENTLY ABANDONING DEVIL (western) PHILOSOPHIES, otherwise this will become but a fleeting illusion to be persued, but NEVER ATTAINED.

ROOTS

SANKOFA!
NEWBEIN

GODNIRONE

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2003, 03:06:17 PM »

GREETINGS RASTAS

I AM NEW HERE AND I HAVE ONE QUESTION TO BEGIN WITH.  

HOW DOES A MAN FIND THE CENTER OF HIS SOUL?(JAH) I CAN ONLY GUESS THAT IT STARTS WITH MEDITATION AND PRAYER.  BUT HOW TO TUNE ONESELF IN TO THE VIBRATION OF GOD WITHIN?

ANY SUGGESTIONS WILL HELP.  

SANKOFA  GO BACK AND GET IT!!
Kebo

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2003, 10:06:54 PM »

Newbein: HOW DOES A MAN FIND THE CENTER OF HIS SOUL?(JAH)

Yo Newbien, the E word

ps Dig your name NewBein

Respect and appreciation to all people who have particpated on this reasoning

Kebo

Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2003, 12:18:06 AM »

What a thought provoking initiative KEBO!

Your people are living perverted lives than ever before throughout the world. Whites have screwed up and their world is falling apart due to their corruption, trickery and disrespect toward Humanity and reality, and YOU KEBO you are confessing! Ah..I am enjoying looking at whites get the beat down and being Remorseful.. yes, I really do.

Now since the USA & Europe are profoundly involved, and support in many ways Poverty and the ethnic cleansing in AFRICA. Keep the same zest for Atonement, and go lobby to your governments to incite them to leave AFRICA ALONE! Incite other whites to correct Past and CURRENT injustices to Black people. When correction and REPARATION will be done; when the RISE of Black people will be a REALITY, only then there should be a grain of LOGIC and CREDIBILITY in what you white people say.

Kelani-

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2003, 01:32:57 AM »

One more thing.

I'm not only talking to KEBO here, also to other whites on this board...
When DISCUSSING RACE and RACISM you white people make the fallacy to assume that RACISM is HISTORY. That's only making you more RACISTS. The CONDITIONS that black people live relative to whites, plus the continued effects of white racism and ignorance (that keeps the Black Fire burning) is CONTEMPORARY! Like typical Europeans, your primary concern stays on synthetic HISTORICAL facts. The legacy of Racism, social and economic gaps between the races is a CONTEMPORARY phenomenon, observable TODAY. They will never be eliminated if whites, who pretend to be Friends of Blacks, are STILL in denial about the CURRENT Power and Imperialism of their people. The POWER and Imperialism of the West is NOW!  

Kelani-

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
Kebo

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2003, 08:50:03 AM »

Kelani said:
"Now since the USA & Europe are profoundly involved, and support in many ways Poverty and the ethnic cleansing in AFRICA. Keep the same zest for Atonement, and go lobby to your governments to incite them to leave AFRICA ALONE! Incite other whites to correct Past and CURRENT injustices to Black people. When correction and REPARATION will be done; when the RISE of Black people will be a REALITY, only then there should be a grain of LOGIC and CREDIBILITY in what you white people say."

I hear you. Action is what matters. Right now I'm taking the time to learn and educate myself on the situation so that I can do what's right and have the hope of inciting other people's minds to do right.

Seeking first to understand in the process.

Kebo

wezekana

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2007, 11:56:09 AM »

http://www.counter-racism.com/articles/convo/conversationonline-LibertyPA.html

Posted by : Edward Williams

Who is mistreating you on the basis of color?

This conversation took place between a white person and a non-white person around February 1, 2007 via e-mail. Once you read through it you can see how it is evident that the position of the white person is to attempt to convince the non-white person that racism is not white supremacy. If the non-white person takes that bait they will be even more confused about who is mistreating them on the basis of color. Anything a non-white person does to another non-white person is a reaction to being subject to the SYSTEM of racism (white supremacy). White people are not subject to racism (white supremacy). A prison warden is not subject to a prison. A prisoner is subject to a prison. In other words, the prison doesn't work against the warden. A prison works in favor of the warden in the same way the SYSTEM of racism (white supremacy) works in favor of the white people who practice racism (white supremacy).

Non-white people must learn how to have conversations with white people about the topic of race/racism/white supremacy. If non-white people do not learn how to talk to white people about the topic of race/racism/white supremacy, the white people will have the non-white people trying to convince the white people that racism (white supremacy) exists...because of our training as victims we will attempt to do it. It is the equivalent of a prisoner in a prison trying to convince the warden in the prison that the prison exists. This is ill-logic. Here is an example of how a conversation should go.

White Person: You almost have the full picture, unfortunately you saying it's just the whites is like whites saying it's the jews, or the zionists, or the masons, or whatever. The enemy is the controller, it just happens to be that right now the controller you are used to is white. We should all fight the controller but this " it's the white people" mentality is just going to make blacks hate whites and whites hate blacks and nothing is going to get done and we will still be controlled. I hate those who would want to control me, and you hate the controller who wants to control you. Unfortunately your controller hides behind a white mask.

Non-White Person: Counter-Racism is not about hating white people. Counter-Racism is about the production of a system of justice. Justice meaning guaranteeing no person is mistreated and also guaranteeing the person who needs help the most get the most help. Right now, on this planet, the people who need help the most are non-white people.

All white people are not racists (white supremacists)
but you do have to be white in order to be a racist (white supremacist). This is a choice white people make, to participate in a system that was in place when they were born, or, to participate in replacing the system of racism (white supremacy) with a system of justice.

Are you a white person?

Excerpt: It is critical that you get it established that the person you are speaking to is a white person.

White Person
: Yes, I am white. I'm glad you are fighting for justice. In your estemets what would be the signs that white supremacy would have ended and how do you know another racial supremacy wouldn't take it's place? The 2 videos of you that I watched were about language. If white supremacy would end would those non white countries suddenly start speaking non white languages?

Excerpt: The non-white person could get into a long conversation at this point about what language is, how many different types of languages there are, whether or not one language is better than other so-called languages, which non-white person runs which country, is it a good country or a bad country, etc. The non-white person takes the shortest route to answering the questions by laying out THE LOGIC of a country under the SYSTEM of racism (white supremacy) and the compensatory counter-racist logic for how to look at language under the SYSTEM of racism (white supremacy).

Non-White Person
: There is only one "country" or "nation" in the known universe and that is the nation of white supremacists (racists).

The sign that we would be in a system of justice is that it is guaranteed no person is mistreated and also guaranteed the person who needs help the most get the most help. The logic to produce a system of justice is the same logic to maintain it. Racism (white supremacy) functions to mistreat people on the basis of color in all areas of people activity including economics, education, entertainment, labor, law, politics, religion, sex, and war. You end racism (white supremacy) by producing justice.

There are only two basic languages in the known universe among people:

(1)
The use of sounds plus designs that result in the revelation of truth.
(2) The use of sounds plus designs that result in the promotion of falsehood.

White Person: You say a system of justice is when it is guaranteed that no person is mistreated and guarantees those who need the most help get it. Im sorry but you can't guarentee that in this world. I guess we need a one world government, a one world bank, and a world court to ensure this dont we, because when countries like ours go bumping around the globe trying to help people through war it don't seem to work too well. For those who need the most help to get it, I guess we would need a world communism as well wouldn't we because people don't seem to be generous enough with their money.

Excerpt: Notice the continued use of the word "country" by the white person. The white person is executing their position in the war on color. Does the non-white person get upset that the white person is not using the counter-racism view of what a country is? No, the non-white person laid out THE LOGIC and doesn't revisit it unless a question is asked about it. Also notice how the white person is following counter-racist logic but only up to a point where the white person stops at doing anything unless everyone else does it. The non-white person goes straight to WHO should do WHAT.

Non-White Person
: All you need is for YOU to start making sure that no person is mistreated and also make sure the person who needs help the most get the most help. Then you will be on your way to replacing this horrid unjust SYSTEM of racism (white supremacy) with a SYSTEM of justice. You will have justice when you have justice. Until then YOU go through a logical process for producing a SYSTEM of justice.

White Person
: I personally already do. Couldn't you just be against supremacy, or one group of people being treated better than another group. Because honestly, everytime you put the word white supremacy next to racism I feel someone should smack you. It's not just blacks who have to put up with racism. Ever hear of Laraza, or mecha?

Who cares who traveled the world first and figured stuff out first and capitalized on their discoveries or who speaks what language. That's the struggle of humanity and it should be chaulked up to the individuals who accomplished those goals, not some racial profiling or reverse racism.

Maybe you never heard of the Georgia Guide stones. We are in the same boat together.

(White person posted a link to a website in the e-mail but I will not help them to publicize the website by posting the link here. Justice is about helping the people who need help the most)

You should be using your power for good and not evil.

Excerpt: The white person is actually trying to bargain with the non-white person about how to work against the white people who practice racism (white supremacy) and uses the threat of direct violence as a bargaining tool. The white person also sets up the use of words to discredit the non-white person. The white person at this point understands that the non-white person is going to continue to execute their position in their counter-war strategies. Why? Because the white person stops asking questions. Does the non-white person fall prey to start attempting to convince the white person that counter-racism is "good" and is not "evil". No, there is no way to convince a white person that anything a non-white person is doing to replace racism (white supremacy) is not "evil" because white people who practice racism (white supremacy) act like racism (white supremacy) is "good".

Non-White Person
: The closer we get to exactly what racism (white supremacy) is white people get offended and non-white people get embarrassed.

I have heard of Laraza.

Do you have any further questions?

White Person
: ok, what exacly is white supremacy.

Excerpt: The white person makes one last ditch effort to ask a question...but not for the purpose of understanding what counter-racism is all about because that has already been explained. For the purpose of proceeding to discredit the non-white person they are talking to and any other non-white person that uses words in the manner that the non-white person they are talking to uses words.

Non-White Person: White Supremacy (http://www.counter-racism.com/cgi-bin/work-study/viewtopic.php?p=16#16)

White Person: (1)
The direct or indirect subjugation of all "non-white" people by white people, for the basic purpose of "pleasing" and/or serving any or all "white" persons, at all times, in all places, in all areas of people activity, including Economics, Education, Entertainment, Labor, Law, Politics, Religion, Sex and War.

This would be considered white supemacy

(2)
The only functional Racism, in existence, among the people of the known universe, that is based on "color" and/or "anti-color" in the physical make-up or physical appearance of persons.

Is not limited to whites only

(3) Racism "for the sake of" Racism.

Is not limited to white only

I see what the problem is. It's the UICCSC that your using. It was written by some paranoid dude who was racist agianst whites. Some white guy must have pissed you off in some personal way to be making you put so much energy into something so damaging and hateful. I bet your one of those Dr. Kamau Kambon people too.

You should be using your energy for good, not evil. I hope the lord don't judge you the way you judge innocent people.

Excerpt: The white person makes one last ditch effort to try to convince the non-white person that racism IS NOT white supremacy. One of the strategies that white people who practice racism (white supremacy) use against non-white people is to get non-white people to talk against, fight against, and/or kill other non-white people. Did the non-white person fall for this? No, having knowledge of how they do what they do is essential. The non-white person decides to let the white person know that they understand the strategy that the white person is attempting to use and it ain't gonna work because the non-white person has decided to continue to execute their compensatory counter-racism position using counter-war strategies.

Non-White Person
: Thank you.

I say racism is white supremacy. You say racism is not white supremacy.

Thank you for the conversation. There is no need for us to continue to have this conversation. I say racism is white supremacy and I'm going to act like racism is white supremacy.

You can now move on to the next non-white person and try to convince them that racism is not white supremacy.

White Person: Feel free to play semantical games. Your book should point out that white supreamacy is just 1 form of racism, but I think you know this already and just get your kicks from playing your little game.

PS, my black friends think your dumb too.

Excerpt: When a non-white person decides to produce a SYSTEM of justice which eliminates the SYSTEM of racism (white supremacy) in the process, all you have is you. White people have more influence over the behavior of white people and non-white people under the SYSTEM of racism (white supremacy) so the ONLY person you can count on is YOU. The non-white person never sent another e-mail. There was no need to. The conversation was over.
Zhindzi

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2008, 11:14:35 AM »

Greetings
Yes InI a newcomer here and would like to show respect to all Idren who read this
InI detest what white people are doing to Afrika
It has, until recently been unclear for me what InI to do as my part
Over nearly six years InI come around to the reality that in order
to overcome these subliminal messages of separation from ourstory
InI must use the privaleges I have to the advancement of the Afrikan Community
InI wasted alot of time as a youth due to various matters but InI still managed to
to get a high standard of basic white education
Now InI studying toward a qualification for teaching assistants
in July/ August InI going to travel back to Jamaica to be with
the Ras who allowed me into his heart and; after much persuation,
shared his knowledge of the creator with InI
InI going get a job in a school and continue InI education that InI
may work as a teacher
InI also learning Amharic, as His Imperial Majesty has instructed InI to do
The Amharic course InI really want to study is Amharic 101 through 104
InI going to do it soon
The only racism InI get accused of is by InI family who say InI racist against
white people
The colour of InI skin is of no more significance to InI than the colour of InI eyes
InI heart came out of blackness
Yes it is a long road but InI have to prove that a one with white skin can live as the
Ancient ones did
Sista Z

Makini
Makini

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2008, 09:27:33 PM »

that's it right there!

'...the position of the white person is to attempt to convince the non-white person that racism is not white supremacy.'
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: