Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:33:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 99 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  ENTERTAINMENT/ ARTS/ LITERATURE
| |-+  Arts & Music (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  White Jesus Jewelry Made By Kayne West
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: White Jesus Jewelry Made By Kayne West  (Read 37866 times)
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« on: May 19, 2004, 04:54:25 PM »

Kayne West has a new line of jewelry coming out. The main jewelry piece he's promoting is this:

A White/blonde/blue eyed Jesus!!

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2004, 05:01:49 PM »

Kayne West really suits the stupidity of the mindset of the Hip-Hop industry. He is horribly ridiculous!

B.K

Kanye West Teams With Jacob The Jeweler For New Line
By Nolan Strong and Jigsaw

Kanye West has a passion for Jesus Christ evident in his song "Jesus Walks" and now the religious figure can symbolically walk with the producer/rapper at all times.

West and famed Jacob The Jeweler have joined forces to produce a line of "religious-themed" jewelry, which includes diamond studded Jesus pendants.

Presently, the pair released a lavish Jesus piece for potential consumers to view. The gold piece features a crown of diamond-set thorns on Jesus'head, two sparkling diamond eyes and red rubies that form tears flowing from the Savior's eye.

Diamonds and other gems are sprinkled throughout Jesus' hair, beard and face to complete the shiny work of art. [To see exclusive pictures, click here.]

West and the jewelry merchant have yet to announce a name for the line, but such details will be made public in the near future.

In the song "Jesus Walks" which spawned the union, West reveals his need for Jesus in his life. "God show me the way because the devil [is] trying to break me down."

Jacob Arabo is the jeweler of choice among Hip-Hop celebrities. Arabo, a Russian immigrant, recently signed a licensing deal with the NBA for the rights to place the NBA logo and all 29 teams on his famous Five Time Zone watches.

After founding his company in 1981, Jacob's fortunes took off in the mid-1990's when Faith Evans found his New York-based store as she was seeking jewelry for her upcoming CD cover.

Later, she returned with her husband, the late Notorious B.I.G., who became a loyal customer and recommended the jewelers creations to numerous high profile friends in the entertainment business.

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=3077

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
out_of_Zion

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2004, 05:55:40 PM »

What a good heap of nonsense.  Hip hop artists bow at the feet of white kids trying to act ghetto all throughout america's suburbs, anyway.  I believe it was g-man who made a hilarious post about that some months ago.  Eminem capped the phenomenon up nicely in his song "White America"...and they keep gobbling his crap up even after he trashed them in a song.  In this mindless culture, almost all those youths are sharing one large fabricated identity...that spells out what you said: STUPID(ity), MINDLESS.  

Like the BOOM BOOM BOOM of their pricey & ugly cars.

Therefore, become imitators of JAH, as beloved children - Ephesians 5:1
Oshun_Auset

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2004, 07:48:44 PM »

Thanks for posting this! Now this is some pitiful sh*t...but then again we all should have known from jump. He is signed to "Rockafella". How much sense could he have? His mind is completely gone. I guess the slave master/colonizer/oppressor is his savior/God. Imagine if we weren't stolen from Africa, there wouldn't be beautiful pieces of jewelry like this that we can't afford! I could have sworn Yeshua would have been against stealing our mother land's natural resources and exploiting our brothers and sisters in the process...but then again, I didn't know he was Nordic! So what do I know! Kanye West needs to pick up a book or two, what's really scary is that I think he is the product of a historically Black University.

Forward to a united Africa!
Kingston

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2004, 07:53:48 PM »

Ok,

B.K.,  When do you tell us this is a joke for I honestly can't believe this is true.

I don't know what is worse... the golden blonde hair and the sparkly blue eyes.

or

The fact that some 20 odd year old man will be wearing this and still living at home with his folks.

All I can do is smile and give thanks that this does not apeal to me in the least.

Loving and learning...

..Kingston..

..Understanding Truth and My Place in it..
Poetic_Princess

I am nothing with out my soul

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2004, 08:13:58 PM »

Firstly it is ridiculous that a black man for one instance could actually create and believe in such a thing but it is not impossible to believe reason being is even if Kanye knows about slavery,civil rights and all other hardships black people went through he still like every black kid who believes in a white god,{he grew up and went to school in Amerikka and in their system they aint no African studies or black history class or Social Studies as it is called in the caribbean} and he is a rapper trying to be all ghetto since he is coming back from his near death car accident and who is his most appealing audience white kids so he will do anything to make more money, him being signed to Rockafella really aint got much say in it so no one would have knowned he would have do such a thing from just being signed to that company.
Honestly their is so much our race dont know about their heritage and so many things they do shows how vulnerable we are, for one black people like to buy Tommy Hilfiger and Timberland gears and shoes but what they dont know or wont believe is Tommy Hate 'niggers' as he once said but love to see how stupid they are to buy his line and the owner of timberland is a former member of the KKK and he too loves to see black ppl at his feet. So dont be so surprise if you see black kids walking around with that crap on their neck, how could they live with themselves i dont know but hey im only one of the few 17 yearolds who aint blinded by fashion,money or greed.I see him as Just one more clown who came to entertain me.

I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become reality.
emmanuel

Roots

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2004, 08:27:30 PM »

WILL THE REAL BLACK PEOPLE PLEASE STAND UP...ARE WE REALLY ONLY INTERESTED IN THE GOLDEN FLEECE...WHAT THE (HELL) IS GOING ON...OUR GREAT BLACK SAGES THAT HAVE GONE BEFORE....THEY MUST TURN IN THE GRAVES...WHAT THE HELL OR WHO THE HELL DID THEY SUFFER AND CONSIQUENTLY DIED FOR...WILL THE REAL BLACK PEOPLE PLEASE STAND UP ?...THIS IS REALLY VERY VERY URGENT[/color]

Black to Black in Unity
preach

Roots

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2004, 06:14:39 PM »

thanks for the post B.K. Kanye's business venture is apparently a step backwards and utterly disgusting. I wonder if he has ever thought that perhaps what he is doing is actually exploiting the black man he so called holds in high esteem. And then to further put money in Yacub the jewelers pocket........

love
seshatasefekht7
AfricaSpeaks Member

RastafariSpeaks

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2004, 08:00:54 PM »

peace and hotep,

let them have their 'white' jesus.

like marvin gaye, they'll learn the hard way.

in the baptismal pool at my home church
still hangs 'white' jesus and john the baptist.

those old women who look young as me
are waiting to kick the butts of young upstarts.

they don't believe a black khrst can pay the bills,
cause ain't no black savior come for them.

marvin's dad was a black savior
in a dress Lips Sealed 2........

watch out kanye west.....

freedomisahapislave

Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2004, 11:08:38 PM »

How can a so-called conscious Black person wear the whiteness of the Jesus (who never existed) as jewellery? Don't believe the hype brothers and sisters, Kanye is simply ignorant! Suprisingly, he speaks about social and political issues, but this guy is out to make money just like Snoop or 50 cents. Niggers are all over the TV now to make true conscious Blacks look like fools.

B.K

Jahse

Roots

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2004, 07:20:26 AM »

Greetings,

"Niggers are all over the TV now to make true conscious Blacks look like fools."

Aint' that the truth Bantu.
If Its not Damon Wayans, its Steve Harvey, or Dave Chapell, or any other "Shuck and Jiver". Entertaining these folks like always. "Yes suh, I'll dance fu ya suh, I'll sang and tell jokes too suh, anythang you need suh, I'll be ya Boy"!  Jester Oh that tricky mass they call media. Works good hun? The truth will NEVER be displayed (as truth) to the masses.

Ises
Saddhu_Yogi

Roots

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2004, 08:52:33 PM »

i remember on that song "Geezus" walks that Kanye said,"it doesnt matter if jesus was white or black",lol.obviously it does matter if one race has been trying to force it on another for CENTURIES.Duh

Vishnu incarnate is H.I.M!OHHHHHHHM Rasta
West Ethiopia and East Ethiopia (India) UNITE!
sisMenenI

physical distance cannot be a barrier to love.

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2004, 09:35:47 PM »

Yes, it is very disappointing to hear this Jesus Jewelry business.. This youth is so close to being conscious, but the whole scene has got him caught up.. I will say though that so often ones are shooting the messanger and not listening to the message. This tune Jesus Walks is actually a good one for the youths to be hearing, compared to the other tunes they're being fed.

Lyrics to Jesus Walks:
Yo, We at war
We at war with terrorism, racism but most of all we at war with ourselves
(Jesus Walks)
God show me the way because the Devil trying to break me down
(Jesus Walks with me) with me with me with me [fades]

You know what the Midwest is?
Young & Restless
Where restless Niggaz might snatch your necklace
And next these Niggaz might jack your Lexus
Somebody tell these Niggaz who Kanye West is
I walk through the valley of Chi where death is
Top floor the view alone will leave you breathless Uhhhh!
Try to catch it Uhhhh! It's kinda hard hard
Getting choked by the detectives yeah yeah now check the method
They be asking us questions, harass and arrest us
Saying "we eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast"
Huh? Yall eat pieces of shit? What's the basis?
We ain't going nowhere but got suits and cases
A trunk full of coke rental car from Avis
My momma used to say only Jesus can save us
Well momma I know I act a fool
But I'll be gone til November I got packs to move I Hope

(Jesus Walks)
God show me the way because the Devil trying to break me down
(Jesus Walks with me)
The only thing that I pray is that me feet don't fail me now
(Jesus Walks)
And I don't think there is nothing I can do now to right my wrongs
(Jesus Walks with me)
I want to talk to God but I'm afraid because we ain't spoke in so long

To the hustlas, killers, murderers, drug dealers even the strippers
To the victims of Welfare for we living in hell here hell yeah
Now hear ye hear ye want to see Thee more clearly
I know he hear me when my feet get weary
Cuz we're the almost nearly extinct
We rappers are role models we rap we don't think
I ain't here to argue about his facial features
Or here to convert atheists into believers
I'm just trying to say the way school need teachers
The way Kathie Lee needed Regis that's the way yall need Jesus
So here go my single dog radio needs this
They say you can rap about anything except for Jesus
That means guns, sex, lies, video tapes
But if I talk about God my record won't get played Huh?
Well let this take away from my spins
Which will probably take away from my ends
Then I hope this take away from my sins
And bring the day that I'm dreaming about
Next time I'm in the club everybody screaming out

(Jesus Walks)
God show me the way because the devil trying to break me down
(Jesus Walks)
The only thing that I pray is that me feet don't fail me now

Spirituality is not theology or ideology. It is a simple way of life, pure and original as was given by the most high. Spirituality is a network linking us to the most high, the universe and eachother
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2004, 12:45:30 PM »

Jesus never existed! He is a figment of the Europeans imagination. The Klansmen talk about "Jesus" are they "conscious"? Dozey

Kayne West is still an ignorant Black-American who is the victim of whites oppressions period.

B.K

Africanprince

AfricaSpeaks.co m

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2004, 01:07:12 PM »

It's a smart business move because any other image of Jesus wouldn't sell. People would say "Who is that?" and if they do that they'll lose a lot of money.

It's all about money in the end anyways
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: