Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:58:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 64 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Rastafari (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Is Selassie I God?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Is Selassie I God?  (Read 120786 times)
House_of_Ra-sta

Roots

« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2004, 07:22:59 PM »

IT DOENST TAKE A GENIUS TO KNOW CERTAIN THINGS.WHAT DOES THE NAME HAILE SELASSIE MEAN?KNOW THIS,AND U KNOW THAT THIS IS THE DESTINY OF WOMB/MAN,THIS IS HOW ONE BECOMES A KRST ON EARTH,OR A BUDDHA IF U PLEASE.

Enter into this House,sons and dawtas of Ra-sta
your works will be weighed and then InI will go
to Higher Heights!
pep

Roots

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2004, 01:22:38 PM »

True King Selassie I is God the spirit inna HIM is the greatest
we in Afrika how are rastafarians know this even without reading the bible we OVERSTAND this most rastas in babylon always chant say REPATRATION yet them no come down Afrika to see wa gwan how  then can you know the powers of the KING wen you no come see it jus like the QUEEN of SHEBA  see it know it

let rastas come together

Afrika is our HOME    
SIXTHBORN

Roots

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2004, 09:30:35 AM »

so u see ini why there are topics like "what are we realy fighting for" and "lost in translation" for ini to have a clearer overstanding of JAH work and the "actual" perception and conception of HIM so to gain wisness, knowledge and overstanding in "His" ways, and not ours, so when we speak, esp of HIM AND ABOUT HIM we would be justified and fulfil "His" will and not ours coz He only must be exolted.  this is in responce to all sharings posted hear, none refer to what jah has said only interpretations and regurgitations of what we've understood.  that is not good for those of us who are still riseng coz we have to know where to go when we're in trable in the faith.  that's why we get so confused coz we make people believe and not have faith; we make em believe in themselves and not on HIM Haile Selassie I, GOD HIM SELF.  WE HAVE TOTALY DRAWN PEOPLE AWAY FROM JAH, GOD, BY MAKING THEM RELY IN AND ON THIER OWN SPIRITS OR SOULS OR ABILITIES OR WHATEVER YALL CALL IT (ONE OF THE WORDS WE MUST DIGEST AND SHARE APON) AND NOT ON THE CREATOR HIMSELF - WE HAVE MADE PEOPLE FORGET THE MAKER AND MADE THEM FOCUS ON THE THINGS OF THIS WORLD: WE HAVE HAVE FORSAKEN THE CALLING OF RASTA "TO BE THE LIGHT TO THIS WORLD" AND "THE SALT OF THIS EARTH": TO BRING NATION, ALL NATIONS BACK TO THE CREATOR WHOM WE BELIEVE IS THE ONLY GOD, THE ONE THE BIBLE IS TALKING ABOUT, THE ONE ALL OTHER NATIONS AND RELIGIONS BELIEVE THEY ARE PRAISING; WE HAVE NOT TAKEN THEM TO THE SOURCE - THE LIVING WORD; THE PUREST VINE; THE BIBLE; JAH'S WORD - HIS BREATH WAS BLOWN IN IT, THAT MEANS A LOT AND VERY HEAVEY TO THE MIND AND BODY, THAT IS WHY WE TIRE!  THAT IS WHY U WILL HEAR INI REFERING TO INI SELVES AS "GODS", "PRIEST" AND ALL THOSE THINGS AND FINDING OURSELVES ASKING SUCH Q'NS - IT HURTS TO STILL FIND THAT INI AMONG INI NOT BELIEVING THAT SELASSIE IS GOD HIMSELF AND NOT ANYTHING ELSE COZ THAT IS WHAT INI WERE ASKING EVEN HIM IN THE BIBLE AND HE ANSWERED THAT Q'N IN PARABLES IN THE FORM OF JESUS OR EMMANUEL (ANOTHER WORD WE MUST DISCUSS) AND PLAINLY AND SELASSIE - IT IS BECOZ WE ALL LOST SIGHT OF THE POINT, THE PRIZE, OUR DESTINATION, JAH!  COZ EVEN IN PSALM 87 HE TELLS US WHERE THE GARDEN OF EDEN IS AND PROVIDES THE ANSWER TO THE Q'N IF SELASSIE IS GOD IN SO MANY WAYS.  BUT THE BIBLE ALSO WARNS US OF SUCH PEOPLE AND THESE TIMES AND TOLD US WHAT TO DO WHEN THEY COME - HOW ARE U GOING TO TELL PEOPLE WHO KNOW NOTHING ABOUT SELASSIE OR JAH, WHO WERE BROUGHT UP UNDER THE VATICAN RULE IF U DONT REFER THEM TO THE ONE THING THEY BELIEVE - THE BIBLE.  EVEN IT SAIS THAT WHEN JAH COMES TO JUDGE, HE WONT BE THE ONE TAKING DIRECT JUDGEMENT BUT THOSE 144 THOUSAND USING THE VERY SAME BOOK TOO. THAT IS WHY YOULL FIND SOME SAYING THEY DONT NEED TO READ THE BIBLE TO KNOW THAT SELASSIE IS GOD AS THOUGH THEY HAVE EXTRA-ORDINARY POWERS BUT STILL CANT PROVIDE TANGABLE EVIDENCE FOR HIS UTTERANCE, THAT IS VERY DANGEROUS, READ JUDGES 7 AND SEE HOW THE GREAT OR THE INSTUMENTS OF JAH ARE CHOSE AS IT SADLY SAIS IN SOME OTHER PART OF THE SCRIPTURE: "MANY WILL BE CALLED BUT FEW CHOSEN" AND WERE DO WE, THE CALLED BUT NOT CHOSEN GO FOR FURTHER INSPIRATION WHEN U HAVE PEOPLE TELLING US WE HAVE TO READ THE WIND TO FIND GOD WHEN WE DONT EVEN READ OR EVEN UNDERSTAND THE BIBLE ITSELF.  HOW DO U REPATRIATE WHEN U DONT EVEN KNOW WHERE YOU'RE GOING AND WITH WHOSE PERMISSION TO DO WHAT AT WHOSE AUTHORITY!  WHEN EVEN THE GENERAL OVERSTANDING AND ELDER'S SHARING CLEARIFY THAT RASTA BELIEVES IN THE 3R'S: "REPATRIATION", "REPARATION" AND "REDEMTION" AND THAT THESE MUST FIRST HAPPEN WITHIN INI, SPIRITUALY, AND THEN WITHOUT INI, PHYSICALY.  YES THERE ARE THOSE WHO HAVE "CLEANED" AND CLEARED A PATH FOR THEMSELVES TO MOVE BACK HOME BUT STILL LOST THEIR WAY OR FIND THEIR SOULS LOCKED UP IN THE PRISON OF THE MIND AND CANT RIGHT NOW, BUT KNOW THAT ONLY JAH HIMSELF IS GOING TO REDEEM ISREAL (JACOB, INI) OUT OF ALL THEIR SINS AND PART OF PSALM 130 REMINDS.  SO WERE IS IT WHEN U WILL FIGHT FOR YOURSELF OUT OF THIS SYSTEM?  U SEE, THE PROBLEM IS IN THE SOURCE - WE DONT GO TO THE SOURCE AND THE SCRIPTURE SAIS: "ALL WILL COME UP TO FACE THE MOST HIGH" NOT SPIRITUALY BUT PHYSICALY U CAN HEAR AND SEE THE CHARIOTS PASS OVER INI HEADS EVERYDAY AND NIGHT.  THE PROVERBS SAY: "A RASTA MAN MAKES KNOWLEDGE ATTRACTIVE" WE CANT EVEN QUOTE ONE LET ALONE FULLY OVERSTAND IT - THUS THIS CONFUSION; FUSSING AND FIGHTING.  AND ALSO WE DONT KNOW HOW TO RESPOND TO IT COZ WE DONT KNOW WHAT IS REALY GOING ON LET ALONE DEFEND IN THESE TIMES, THAT IS WHY WE HAVING SOME RASTA COMPETING OR GOING HEAD ON INTO BATTLE WITH THE ENERMY WITHOUT GETTING FULLY DRESSED IN THE ARMOUR OF JAH - SOME BELIEVE A LIFE LUXURY IS THE WAY TO GO WHEN THE SCRIPTURE SAIS THAT AS IT WAS IN THE BIGININ SO SHALL IT BE IN THE END - THAT'S WHY WE NOW USE WORDS SUCH AS "evolution", WHY SOME FIGHT FOR THE LEGALISATION OF GANJAH WHEN THE SCRIPTURE SAIS IT IS LEGAL TO THOSE WHO KNOW THE TRUTH AND WHO UNDERSTAND WHY THEY ARE FIGHT AND RESISTING IT SO MUCH.  U SEE IT IS IMPORTANT TO WATCH WHAT U SAY AND HOW U SAY IT - NOT THE WORDS BUT THE MESSEGE COZ IT'S NOT THE MATTER THAT MATTERS BUT THE SUBSTANCE; IT'S NOT WHAT IS SAID THAT IS IMPORTANT BUT THE PRINCIPLE THAT IS BIENG TOUGHT.  THESE ARE LEVELS U REACH AFTER GREAT STUYING OF WHAT U ALREADY HAVE COZ IN FACT WE ARE ALL BEINGS THAT FORGOT WHO THEY ARE AND ARE TRYING TO REMEMBER, THAT IS WHY WE ARE HERE ON EARTH - WHAT DO U YOU THINK STARTED THE WAR IN HEAVEN?  WHO IS THE "SERPENT" WHEN HE WAS JAH'S BEST AND FAVOURITE SINGER?  HOW ARE WE TO FIGHT WITH THIS "DEVIL" WHEN HE-SHE CAN GO TO HEAVEN AS HE PLEASES, READ JOB, HOW AND WHY HE WAS SMITTEN AND WAS HE SMITTEN TO BEGIN WIT?!  U SEE WE NEED TO READ THE SCRIPTURE IF IT'S BENEFITS DONT MOTIVATE INI IT PUNISHMENTS SHOULD!
WHY DO U THINK SELASSIE WAS LABLED A "DICTATOR" WHEN ALL HE WAS WAS JUST A KING OR AN EMPORROR?  READ HIS BIOGRAPHY, SEACH ABOUT HIS LIFE AND COMPARE IT WITH THAT OF OTHER SO-CALLED "DISTATORS" OF THIS WORLD AND U WILL BE AMAIZED.  WHAT WAS HE FIGHTING FOR IN THE MASS CONGRIGATION OF LEADERS THAT DIED AND SOME STILL LIVING IN THIS "AFRIKAN STRUGGLE"!  THE LIKES OF MUGABE, GHADHAFIH AND THE LIKES.  THESE ARE NOT POLITITIANS FIGHTING OVER CLAWS IN A TRADE CONTRACT, READ AND SEARCH SOME MORE.  WE ARE SO EDUCATED BY THE ENEMY AND THEN STILL THINK WE CAN BEAT THEM IN THEIR GAME, WHO'S REALY FOOLING WHO?  THIS REMINDS ME OF WORDS LIKE "BRAIN-WASH" AND "SLAVARY" WE SO LOST WE NEED TO SEARCH AND FIND OUR WAY HOME AND THE SCRIPTURE SAIS THAT NO ONE FINDS GOD, HE FINDS US AND THAT HE NEVER ABANDENS US OR LEAVES US OR WALKS AWAY FROM US BUT WE DO AND EVEN WHEN WE DO HE STAYS LOYAL AND FOLLOWS US EVERYWHERE KEEPING TO MANY OF HIS PROMISES AND FULFING PART OF PSALM 23 THAT "GOODNESS (IN SOME SCRIPTURES IT SAIS "LOVE") AND MERCY WILL FOLLOW INI FOR THE REST OF INI DAYS" AND WHEN SOME OF INI OPEN THE 3RD EYE AND START TO SEE THE SPIRITUAL RHELM WITHOUT KNOWING THE SOURCE OF THAT KNOWLEDGE WHEN THEY GET COUGHT AND TIRED THEY CRY FOUL AND CLAIM THAT EVIL IS FOLLOWING THEM WHEN IN FACT JAH'S ANGELS ARE THE ONES FOLLOWING THEM AND THUS CURSING THE MOST HIGH. AND HOW CAN U SEARVE SOMEONE U DONT BELIEVE LOYALY AND FAITHFULLY, WITH ALL YO HEART AND MIND AND MIGHT, AS HE DEMANDS? PLEASE INI LET US SPEAK OF JAH AND JAH ALONE, WE NEED HIM TO SURVIVE AND ENDURE THESE TIMES AS THE SCRIPTURE TEACHES!  PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEACE!!!
NB

Roots

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2004, 12:34:14 PM »

It's a fact that His Majesty said "Do not worship the flesh."  So was it Selassie's most Christ-like consciousness that allows us to exalt him so.  I know H.I.M. never died, just like Iyasus, but why would H.I.M. build churches for people to worship Iyasus but not himself.  Selassie never said he was God, but Iyasus did, was His Majesty just too humble?, or was he trying to guide us.  I read as much of Selassie's words as I can get my hands on and not once  has he asked to be regarded as more than a King.  Part of me wants to worship Selassie's divinity as it is obvious his consciousness progressed to a divine level, and part of me wants to know that Iyasus came back as Selassie.  If the latter is true I feel that H.I.M. would have told us so, why would he hide it?  
     Sixth born I am also confused on your reasoning regarding Selassie being jailed in Italy and then escaping, I've never heard this before, I would appreciate some clarification or references.  Please don't view this as an attack bredren.  H.I.M. is shrouded in mystery, and so divine, as we are all the children of Igzabhier we are all divine and all capable of attaining a higher height yet we would not worship ourselves as we are trying to free up from our own ego.  Was H.I.M doing the same, He is my guide, He showed me Iyasus, He showed me Ethiopia, moreover He showed me love.  Reasoning on this is wonderful, Selam NB
natural blacks

Blackheart Man

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2004, 05:49:22 PM »

Selassie never said he was God, but Iyasus did...

When did Iyesus say this?

And this isn't an attack either, I just want to know.

H.I.M. said (in response to the question "Are you God?"): "I have heard of that idea. I also met certain Rastafarians. I told them clearly that I am a man, that I am mortal, and that I will be replaced by the oncoming generation, and that they should never make a mistake in assuming or pretending that a human being is emanated from a deity."

Wasn't Iyesus Kristus human? I believe H.I.M. was a follower of Christ, in the same way I'm a follower of Haile Selassie & Je-sus Christ. Following their teachings and adopting their values, not worshipping them.

History has shown that it is the inaction of those who could’ve acted; the indifference of those who should’ve known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most that has made it possible for evil to triumph. - EMPEROR HAILE SELASSIE I
House_of_Ra-sta

Roots

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2004, 11:09:42 PM »

I KNOW HAO THIS CAN BE RESOLVED.WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WORSHIP AND REVERENCE AND HONOR?

to Higher Heights!
NB

Roots

« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2004, 12:44:08 PM »

When did Iyasus say he was God?  I suppose he only said "I am he."  Which is open to as much interpretation to just as much as anything else these days.  On reflection of my earlier comment I was basing it on my own faith, faith in the fact that Iyasus was not just a man, but rather God manifested in a man's body.  What man is born of a Virgin?  Yes, this is monophysitism.  Did Iyasus ever say he was a man? only a man?  I'm certainly under the impression that he was trying to lead us to a different conclusion.  
     What's the difference between worship and reverence?  Do I merely revere Selassie?  I would like to think not, although I know my king asked not to be worshiped.  Selassie appeared as the supreme example of Christ-consciousness in man, a level attained through serious righteousness and love for the Almighty, resulting in his own divinity.  I have no doubt that Selassie would have told me that Iyasus was God.  But would H.I.M. be so humble as to deny himself as God, if he really was?  Every day I am feeling more and more inclined to follow His Majesty's lead, meaning the Ethiopian Orthodox faith, is this not what He would have wanted?  Give Thanks bredren, Selam  

natural blacks

Blackheart Man

« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2004, 05:07:01 PM »

Why is it Jews don't recognise Yeshua as The Christ? Jesus didn't fulfill the prophesies of Isaiah, so how is he The Christ? He wasn't of the root of David Confused

Read this: http://www.mutabaruka.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=60

History has shown that it is the inaction of those who could’ve acted; the indifference of those who should’ve known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most that has made it possible for evil to triumph. - EMPEROR HAILE SELASSIE I
SIXTHBORN

Roots

« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2004, 04:14:56 AM »

greetins again in the name of the "MOST HIGH", get it, as in the only living being that is highiest obove all that was and is and will be - and only GOD and not a "god" can be this as the 1930 coronation was confirmiming coz in exodus moses took elders up into the mount into the cloud to meet GOD HIMSELF and the elders were shocked to see that HE was just a man, in fact some scriptures say HE was a short, small faced man, as SELASSIE is. may HIS wisdom guide and lead ini as we share.
now, i have been trying to find the document that has the infomation on SELASSIE'S capture by the roman authorities when HE was invited over for discussions on the state and position of Ithiopia's goverment on the world's crisis, but couldnt find a spicific book but remember well that it was also on a jah hug publication about 4 or 3 years ago.  now i know that's not enough to qualify as proof but believe me it is, i just though it was general knowledge umangst ini.  it was also spoken about, in detail, in mussilinni's address to the his authorities when spoke of how SELASSIE's methods of fighting as he refered to them as "black magic" - find that and u will find that story.
and, SELASSIE never said HE was GOD, that is true, but that is complete iether coz in HIS quote when HE was interviewed during the JAH-MACAN visit, which was also a fulfilment of a prophecy, HE was asked this very q'n and He answered, not in so many words, that "...if they believe me to be God, so be it, but im just as human as they are" the same respose as jesus would give when he was asked this very q'n - "i am who i am" or "what do you see me as?" a retorical q'n and remember when he was asked b4 his judges and pilato b4 he was to be crucified if he was the king of the jews, he said "u siad it." that is one of the ways we were to identify the most high, "...he will be speaking in parables but in his last coming he will make it clear to all"  that is how SELASSIE spoke and delt with the public coz HIS way was rooted in "faith", faith was the key to all his knowledge and king-man as he also said: "blessed are those who believe without seing" as the definition of faith is the belief in what is not seen, basically saying blessed are those who have faith in HIS NAME:  those who believe that HE IS GOD and not a prophet or whatever most would call him coz a "PERFECT MANEFESTATION OF GOD" is when one becomes connected, physicaly with GOD and not all can reach this state but the "ONE" off the root of David, the branch of Jessey.  that is even why he sais that no one can enter the king-man of God without HIM.  SO those who dont will never enter heaven, it matters not how religious they seem. another proof that we do not realy know the GOD we are praying coz in revelation it sais: "those so-called JEWS" showing that those who call themselves jews in these days are not realy jews as we all know we, black people, are the real jews as we are the descendents of papa JACOB who was re-named ISREAL meaning "he who struggled with God", that is how we became jews as the holocost painfully proves as hitler's hate for the white jews bears testimony to this, coz when he was asked why he hated these jews when all he was fighting for was to create and esteblish a "perfect white race" he said "how could they take up an identity of an inferrior race" proving that these jews were not real jews but copy-cat of the real jews which hitler hated, blacks.
and, to the point that we all make when we say Selassie could not have been God HIM-self coz he always refered to a "father" in heaven and that he always prayed to HIM, well sadly, to me, that is due to lack of wisdom, the knowledge acquired thru and from HIM coz the proverb says "wisdom is from HIM and with it is understanding and insight" and that "knowldge of the most high IS understanding" meaning, the more u know about the most high the more u will understand God coz they are one and the same thing as it also reveals "first was the word and the word was with God and the word WAS God."  what more do we want.  coz jesus admitted, though not saying blatently that he was he was God, that "he was the WORD, the FAITH, the purest vine and the WAY and the TRUTH" after all he revealed to us we still did not understand coz the 7 seals were not opened for all of us but for those who have faith in the FAITH coz it was too deep to overstand.  as our forefathers during his jusus era when they asked :"he, who is the son of joseph and marry, the ones we know, is calling himself the son of god?"  and they crucified him for that for they believed he was just a man after he admitted to the samarian woman that he was indeed the messiah - what does that name mean?  what was the real meaning of Emmanuel and why was jesus brought to us - coz the father said "there will be no more mediators between you and i; i mo do away with all these prophets and bring you my only son to you..."  and when jesus was revealing to his desciples on where he was going, they asked where he was going, where was this place he was going to that they couldnt go to or reach he said: "i am going to MY-SELF to prepare a place for you" again revealing who he was.  so u see how he answered, so did Selassie coz the only people who called HIM god were the rastas and he said if that was what we believed he couldnt stop or change that coz that was our faith but he would like to believe that he is just a regular man and then goes and gets baptised by rasta priest in a rasta church coz the ancient "orthodox" church is not the same as this one they run now in Ethiopia and agian approves the "nyabhighi order" as the way to conduct and administor God's church, so be wise bread-dreads, read more about the man and u will see.  and if u read upon his life, from childhood to his disapperence u would know that he was not just a "man" even though he said he would "like" to be seen as one.  only an extra-ordinary man can say this, why didnt mohamed or all those so-called great leaders say that?  instead they wanted to be worshiped as the pope does by labeling himself the viqour of christ - can u emagine?
and, we all know that the prophet john and elijah were as god in spirirt - the bible says they were given the power of God but still they were seen as least in the eyes of JAH, so how can one see christ and SELASSIE as those who possesed the charector or power or spirit of GOD when even those who did siad they were lower in rank than he was?  and to answer the trinity q'n - the father the son and the holy spirit - they all have one name as we as and as he comanded that we baptise in the father, the son and the holy spirit's name meaning they were one thing as he also admits in the 4 gospels and through out the bible that "the father is in him and he in the father" - see how important the bible is?  and how important words are?  PEEEACE!!!
NB

Roots

« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2004, 12:55:59 PM »

Sixthborn,

Greetings, I have to say I'm more confused by your last post than I was by the one preceeding it.  I will look for a reference to the capture of Selassie, but I'm still wondering why His Majesty did not write about it in His autobiography, surely he would have mentioned such an incident.  Furthermore, I couldn't tell if you were saying that Selassie had re-baptized in some sort of Nyabinghi ceremony, but if that is what you were implying then where on earth did you find evidence to base that on.  Selassie was and always will be the supreme defender of the Orthodox faith, a faith which remains and always will remain as ancient and powerful as it always has been.  I'm well aware of the political agendas which surround the Ethiopian Orthodox church, however the faith itself remains untarnished.  Selassie was a great unifier and never put down another man's faith so I can certainly belive that he did not dicourage the Rastafarians, but it is a fact that Selassie comissioned the building of the Trinity cathedral which is in Kingston.  Sixthborn, I'm not trying to challenge your faith, just reasoning.  Selam
KingRas

GIVE THANKS AND PRAISES

« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2004, 01:07:15 AM »

The world should know that he is the Almighty, it is prophecised, the prophecy has been fulfilled, open your eyes and look. Haile Selassie from his youth, was a mysterious person who was said to have been feared by priest and other persons working in the palace. His first born name was Ras Tafari which means "head creator", but Tafari alone means, "to be feared" and so he was. The coming of the child was one in a million since the time of Christ, when Christ was born, the planets of the universe aligned themself, and this is a sign of a Great person to be born astronomers say. Their was the worst drought & famine in Ethiopia than ever seen before, days before he was born, Ethiopia purged itself to accept him & now Ethiopia purges itself to accept Jah children, for when we repatriate. Their is a story about Haile Selassie in his youth, his father & mother was astounded by his vast knowledge and wisdom of and from the bible. They brought in priest to talk with him to ask him where he knew all these things from, Haile Selassie knew books that aren't printed in the bible, like the 8th, 9th & 10th books of Moses, the Dead Sea Scrolls, he would know line for line. The priests would ask him questions and he would call them to tell them the answer in their ears and the answers he would give would frighten the priests away, and some would never return to see him. At one time their were two priests talking to Tafari, who had claimed he talks to animals and the wild beasts in the jungles of Ethiopia, One of the priests asked Tafari to draw one of these animals, so Tafari requested for crayons and a piece of paper and began to draw it formed into a dove of bright multi-colors and before the priest could question Tafari about the bird on the page he was dumbfounded when he saw it arise off the paper and fly through the window, the two priests hysterically left the palace and never returned.            

Tafari the Mystical Youth, Give Thanks.

BLESSED ONE LOVE
natural blacks

Blackheart Man

« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2004, 07:41:48 AM »

I know all these things and it's truly astonishing, but what I can't overstand is why would he deny it? Why did he tell InI to worship the Creator and put InI focus on the Lord and Saviour he accepted, Iyesus Kristos? H.I.M. was Christian not so? I'm thiking on the points Sixtborn made, that he never answered questions directly, but at the end of it all, he was Christian Confused

Haile Selassie was truly special, he had a conciousness matched by none. My belief...we are all God. As I've seen it put before, man of right is God in flesh and man of wrong is satan in flesh. Haile Selassie was a true person, pure of heart and totally surrounded with love and righteousness. Superbly concious and sets the example as what we should be as humans, and as such, he's worthy to be hailed. He's as close to God as man can ever be and so we should try to be like him.

Blessed

House_of_Ra-sta

Roots

« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2004, 02:50:22 PM »

"Haile Selassie was truly special, he had a conciousness matched by none".

i DO NOT think InI need to make up Mythical attributes to Ras Tafari Makonnen just to justify that he was a inspiration to many or try to equate himwith the God-Man attributes of Biblical heroes.NO teacher of the Lawsof Nature or TRUE Rasta person would tell their student that they cannot be llike them, the destinty of womb/man is to become Haile Selassie-Krst-Buddha on earth.just Selassie I defending Truths and Rights, and doing what he thought was right for InI is enuff to Hail him, i DONT have to look to ANY book to find that out, for THAT WOULD BE AGAINST ANCIENT AFRIKAN SCHOOLS OF THOUGHT, coz Everyone could attain the title to be called Haile Selassie if u follow the Laws of Ma'at.

to Higher Heights!
amonrah

Roots

« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2005, 09:20:57 AM »

Give thanks for these reasonings. Much raspect has been given in these posts. Daily our focus shifts as we experience Life. If I may re-word the title, Is Selassie I Love ? Is Yesus Kristos Love ? From all the teachings and parables and scripts and bios and words, etc..if this is what Jah Is - "Love", everything ever said, scripted or done in His Name for the sake of humanity points to "Love".
Blessed      

Love is the Light
Get4RealMen

Roots

« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2005, 11:06:18 AM »

Hello all people of all races

I am new to this site and I just registerd to answer this post. If the bible was brought into Africa by the white men and they used the bible to trick human beings into slavery then why do Rastafarians use the bible to find their roots?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: