Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:04:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 43 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  SCIENCE, SOCIOLOGY, RELIGION
| |-+  Health and Livity (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Your Ital Story Here
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Your Ital Story Here  (Read 32860 times)
Micah-EL-Layl

AfricaSpeaks.co m

« on: June 23, 2004, 07:07:17 PM »

peace...
The Ital diet from what eye see is the
the most perfect diet...and the most
difficult.......combine an Ital diet with
the concept of eating just one meal a
day and eye think that would be PERFECT...
anyways....whoever here eats a 100 percent
ITAL(No Salt No Sugar No Animal No Chemical)
please post your story....
and don't leave out any details....
Kristian

AfricaSpeaks.co m

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2004, 08:21:25 AM »

Greetings and blessings to all. Nutrition of I body is most important. I do not practice an Ital diet as it is known. I do ; however, practice body nourishment. I don't feel as though all animal products are bad. That being said, overindulgence of anything is bad. Jah provides food for nourishment, sometimes that includes meat. Not meat polluted with hormones and chemicals and drugs though, organic, open range meats must be sought out. In todays markets it is the unseen evils that are causing the most damage, the unseen drugs living in our foods, destroying us from the inside. Just because one is existing on fruits, vegetables and grains does not necessarily mean one is living Ital. If those items are being bought at markets, there is a good chance they are polluted with things that are not necessary or vital (ital). I wish all my brothers and sisters health and grace, in the name of the most high. Morelove.
House_of_Ra-sta

Roots

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2004, 07:22:01 AM »

Original Ra-sta dont eat meat,nuff said.

Enter into this House,sons and dawtas of Ra-sta
your works will be weighed and then InI will go
to Higher Heights!
iyah360

Higher Reasoning

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2004, 09:48:25 AM »

Greetings and blessings to all. Nutrition of I body is most important. I do not practice an Ital diet as it is known. I do ; however, practice body nourishment. I don't feel as though all animal products are bad. That being said, overindulgence of anything is bad. Jah provides food for nourishment, sometimes that includes meat. Not meat polluted with hormones and chemicals and drugs though, organic, open range meats must be sought out. In todays markets it is the unseen evils that are causing the most damage, the unseen drugs living in our foods, destroying us from the inside. Just because one is existing on fruits, vegetables and grains does not necessarily mean one is living Ital. If those items are being bought at markets, there is a good chance they are polluted with things that are not necessary or vital (ital). I wish all my brothers and sisters health and grace, in the name of the most high. Morelove.

Anything can be dogmatic, including a rigid adherence to a veggie diet - and harmful if ones body cannot harness ALL the nutrients it needs from simply vegetable sources. I think the key is to know thyself - and this may take some experimentation with what foods are providing the best balance of nutrients and energy, what one has allergies to, etc.

It is important, IMO to take into account ones ancestry - I think this has some determining factor into what ones body was developed to process to get the proper nutrients from. Some people's ancestors ate meat, etc - so ones body MAY have a hard time getting all it needs from just veggie sources. This is my logic. If ones have something to add to this, please do! If I am wrong please correct me.

There are a lot of issues involved with this - I have been vegetarian for about 10 years now - but have added fish recently. I really find it hard to want to eat another thinking and feeling animal - especially not being involved in the process of hunting and the sacredness involved in this.

preach

Roots

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2004, 09:29:29 PM »

iyah360, what made you decide to add fish back to your diet?

love
Kristian

AfricaSpeaks.co m

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2004, 09:59:01 AM »

Greetings and blessings to all brothers and sisters. Who is the original Rasta, I cannot identify with this concept. Unless you speak of Jah himself, and I don't know of any information on his diet. I also haffa say, unless youre growing your own food or personally know the situation it is being grown in, youre consuming animal products unknowingly. Furthermore, Jah teacheth that "the days shall come when false prophets appear, rejecting food that Jah has given to you as abundance and for sustenance." Not to say vegetarian Rastas are false prophets, but it is an important angle to view our nutrition from, especially in these days. Grace and love to all, in the name of the Lord.
iyah360

Higher Reasoning

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2004, 12:08:17 PM »

iyah360, what made you decide to add fish back to your diet?

i felt like i needed to add a good source of protein to my diet, plus fish is high in other beneficial nutrients. i tend to stay away from large fish and completely stay away from bottom dwellers as these tend to be more polluted.

i only eat fish sporadically though - but may eat more of it now that i have learned that soy is not the best thing for you. check the article i posted.

bless.
preach

Roots

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2004, 01:26:58 PM »

iyah360 when you included fish back into your diet diid you notice any changes in your overall health or bad reactions in your body?
I believe that everyone's body is different and if you are lacking something your body will let you know. Although I have chosen to be a vegetarian I don't ridicule people who still eat meat. The only exception is swine no one should eat that crap.
Oh yeah, iyah your article was interesting.
one love.

love
Kristian

AfricaSpeaks.co m

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2004, 05:11:50 AM »

I agree with the position rejecting swine. Anything that sustains itself in filth is not proper for I. For all that our food has consumed, so we consume as well.
   Iyah360, greetings, and thanks for the info on the questionable benefits of soy. Being a consumer of much soy, this is of special interest to I.
Micah-EL-Layl

AfricaSpeaks.co m

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2004, 02:42:07 PM »

peace....
the original rasta is correct from what i have studied......
the traditional rastas eat a completely ITAL diet.....
but ITAL is the HIGHEST DEGREE.......it ain't easy.......
the truth is Jah has allowed the flesh of animals
milk salt........this Rasta in the delphi forums said that one of King Selassie's favorite foods was CHEESE.....
regardless......me personally i won't be at peace until im eating ITAL......i don't want my children going through that lifelong salt/sugar addiction like i have......at least their fathers gonna be an example to them.......
Kristian

AfricaSpeaks.co m

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2004, 09:19:08 AM »

Seen. I too, strive for the truly Ital life. Rastaman shall break every chain. Grace and blessings to all.
wezekana

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2007, 04:00:51 PM »

I dislike deaders, but was raised on fish and fowl. But, you cyan eat death and that InI have come to realize with the maturation of my own reasoning powers! The current worldly situation is enforced specifically to induce this kind of madness and devaluation of life essence. What food to eat? A question which really entails no thought. "What does one want to eat?" is the hidden issue. Culture, region and necessity at times dictate many things, but personal sensibility is always the key.

What can the hue-Man-God-body assimilate readily, with a minimum amount of waste and to the benefit, not detriment, of itself. Does that include flesh? Well, lets see... We are equipt with neither flesh rending canines nor the stomach acidity to receive and digest such food stuffs. Dogs have both and can eat bones! Man cannot. Could man, in his natural state, have eaten these things raw? I once saw a show on the tele purporting how man had, at one point, been a marauder of fresh kill sites in attempts to secure bones from which he removed the marrow to devour. I was thinking, "That's an awful lot of caloric expending and energy depleting wandering  for such a small find, even as rich as marrow is supposed to be. Here and there, to and fro, looking for bones when vegetation is abundant? Sounds fishy."

In the realms of possibility this option may seem tangible, but not within the realms of sensibility. I do not believe this to be the case as it has not remained a staple of his diet and aside from the very odd instance, it is very hardly found in the human diet.

For the most part, man cooks his flesh. Now the proverbial bag o' worms opens up. If man did at times dine on the raw, as is even stated of Essua, he would be rendering it excessively nutritionally thin by adding heat to it. So, raw might kill men because of microbial or bacterial agents and cooking flesh would not suffice him with a large degree of nutritional efficiency. Just sitting here thinking all this out reveals how unnatural the process is. Add to that the fact that, deaders (flesh), fish or otherwise, affect the God-body in negative manners... even if you're starving or malnutritioned... as it take more nutrients to rid the body of their residues and byproducts than they can provide dietarily. Woe to the swollen colon... or shall I say Colin Powell.

It would also seem that the approach to eating in a carnivorous or unbiased fashion could be more correctly identified as a death-style, than a life-style. Originals and Aboriginals who adopt a 'Western-style' diet and the rise in their bodily ailments afterward attest to that fact. However... your Lord has ordained for you the good things of this world and has given you, freely, all that is in them so that you might have your desires met and be of those who are thankful. It truly is not what goes in but instead what comes out. Eating deaders will lead you to deaths door more quickly, but, so what. We're all going there anyway. It is the works committed by the I in the here and now which have the most true effects and meanings.

It is not with the passing of 'time' that InI age, but instead by the physical breakdown of our bodies by microbial agents (which, incidentally, are found in a much larger degree in deads (flesh) than in live yoods and vegetable matter), oxidization, and our bodies apparently natural decrease in production of some chemicals, and hence, a lessening in its ability to repair itself after repeated damage or injury. Children typically produce higher levels of endorphins than do adults. The same seems to hold true in relation to our healing abilities.

Culturally people often follow what they found their fathers following. I am also guilty of returning to the question "Do you eat fish?" the smiling reply "I'm Jamaican."

Give thanks.

Zhindzi

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2008, 03:10:17 PM »

InI say that soya beans are important in the diet because they provide
Omega 3 and Omega 6- essential fats that cannot be made inside the body
These are the said fats that are spoken of in easing the so called attension deficit disorder.
They are vital to the functioning of the mind skin and organs
Fats cannot be digested completely unless these are taken in good balance
and in place of cutting down fat intake can in some cases be used to increase fat metabolic rate
Soya also contains eight amino acids and isoflavanoids which enhance the action
of antioxidants
Flax seed is another wonderful source of Omega oils 3 6 and 9 as the ratio of these
is perfect for the body
The coconut oil is high in Omega 7
Rastafari love and respect
Zhindzi

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2008, 03:39:01 PM »

InI own mother stop I becoming a vegetarian when I was young by telling me
she would take me to the doctor and he would tell me I could not be vegetarian
I first start to eat a vegetarian diet nine years ago then a year later stopped eating dairy
although from time to time I was eating dairy before the first time InI travelled to Jamaica   
I eat a vegetarian diet without dairy products but do eat a little sugar -not white sugar
and some salt
InI son is raised without meat and dairy and I havent yet found another child who keeps off sickness so well
He also has had no immunisations at all and this maybe another reason for that
Alot of the children in his nursery had chicken pox and after a time he did get them but he was still playing
and the skin healed in less than two weeks
Love Peace and Reverance

Still_an_Empress

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2008, 10:29:15 AM »

Sticking to an Ital diet, is one of the hardest things, especially out in babylon, where a fruit that I can find in abundance on my native island, they charge an arm and a leg for..I must say when I started to go away from the meat, etc., i noticed a huge difference in my health, there were times when everyone around me was sick with the flu, and I standing strong.  I noticed a rapid change in my complexion, acne was a thing of the past.Most importantly, I began to overstand some of the situations in my life, and how JAH, is always with me.

I had a bad case of a sore throat recently, (tears came to my eye when I had to swallow) and like a fool, I went out and got all these throat "cures" from the grocery store, and sure nuff, they did nothing... A good drink of some herbal tea actually cured my sore throat, in less than a day, I felt the herbs healing me, I even offered a lady in office some of the tea, since she was also under the weather, and as soon as she finished drinking, it she told me that she knew that God had her ask for some of this tea, she never felt so more relieved.

I tell you now more than ever, I really stand firm in the belief of herbs for the healing of the nation..I found a good webiste, that helps me with this http://www.dherbs.com, Ive used a lot of their herbal products, since I cant have them readily available to me here, and I have nothing but great results.

For anyone taking the trod to better health, I tell you Ital is a great move forward. May JAH guide over you in your journey on his righteous path, and keep the faith, cause when all else fails JAH is always there.  Bless
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: