Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:09:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 90 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  GENERAL FORUM (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie, Makini, Zaynab)
| | |-+  BillCosby has more harsh words for black community
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: BillCosby has more harsh words for black community  (Read 43245 times)
seshatasefekht7
AfricaSpeaks Member

RastafariSpeaks

« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2004, 02:32:04 PM »

peace and hotep,

bantu_kelani, if

' it is a CRIME for a Black man with a net worth of hundreds of millions of dollars to wash our dirty laundry "in public". ',

which law was broken? do we have an unseen hand or body of non'white' lawmakers that i am not aware of? who nominated them? when were they sworn in?  would not any suggestion to that point be 'hypocritical'?

as poor as my butt is, should i have a right to air my laundry if i feel like it? does our lack of empowerment encourage our recruitment as thought police?

unless, bill cosby's speech is fueling our genicide he should be free to speak. we all know who the enemies of non'white' people are, so why stay distracted on simple bill. did anyone care about the feelings of mrs cosby? are we as unforgiving as we are monolithic.

first and foremost bill cosby is a comedian. he has an artistic license. Lips Sealed 2

think. it is not illegal yet..

freedomisahapislave
ptaured7

AfricaSpeaks.com

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2004, 01:33:03 PM »

Only to add something about Hollywood, the infotainment industry that has made Mr. Cosby rich and another's comments to this discussion concerning reading, over, say , T.V (Mr. Cosby's venue)

Mr. Cosby's persona and elements of Hip Hop culture (which I do not know very much about personally) are both creations of an elite mostly white dominated entertainment industry.  The icons and values of most Americans, of any color, emanate from this Babylonian propaganda machine.   The business creates superstardom to create concentrated wealth in the hands of investors and the very few agents that reap most of the money.  The opposite of this would be a great variety of art and music in numerous venues with decently compensated artists and agents, rather than clone like commercial supertardom with a subculture of "starving artists".  

Young African Americans are being force fed through the acceptable venues of T.V and Movies an ever decreasing selection of often degrading and self destrcutive images, one might say like drugs, mildly poisonous and  therefore addictive.  Anyone who has walked into a movie theatre lately or watched T.V. after not watching it for , say, a year is flabbergasted by the mind control propaganda meant to destroy all our young people's minds, herding them towards mass production / consumption, glorification of crime and milatary adventurism and "booty" call, etc.  The writer is no prude, that is not the point.  But how many shaking butts can you see and not feel embarrassed for these young people?  White and Black!  There is very little musical content to these exhibitions.  No one seems to be playing any instruments.  I have heard some incredible lyricism though and poignant remarks throught the "hip hop".  But then, on that score, I don't really know what I am talking about.

Mr. Cosby has grown rich and influential through the medium that creates fantasies, such as his own shows, in his case, showing the American dream of privelege and luxury that is the driving force behind the imperialism and military conquest abroad so decried øn this site.  There is a huge disconnect between what we see here in America and what goes on in the rest of the world as a consequence of our lifestyle.

I think Cosby comes off a little too paternalistic, a little to self appointed, when what he has primarily accomplished in his life is creating fantasies  through a medium that is largely responsible for the degradation of our youth and in fact discourages through the flashing lights and mind control, reading of any kind.

Still , self criticism is healthy and good for people of all races.  My point  may be (after this ramble) that we should all of us identify the mind control campaign being unleashed on our young people and destroying advanced culture in favor of a barnyard of domesticated sheep and that this phenomenon is selectively created to enforce certain stereotypes and behaviour conducive to continued ensalvement and exploitation of all of us, though we are herded into different pens.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: