Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:49:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 43 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Reparations
| | |-+  White Reparation
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: White Reparation  (Read 10137 times)
Ravizza

Nothing more, nothing less, nothing to digress

« on: July 25, 2004, 01:44:01 PM »

I am white.

That being over and done with, I want to begin reparations to the Africans. I realize what my ancestors have done, and while you might not have a formal appology from the US government, you have mine. Does anyone one here know if there are groups, associations, etc that I could join, contact, or donate to? Any help would be much appreciatied.
Yann

Ayanna's Roots

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2004, 07:07:48 AM »

I think you can safely begin by seeking out black groups and organizations and volunteering your time, resources and assistance there.  I am always suspicious of white organizations attempting to solicit funds on behalf of black movements and causes. Their motives are often questionable and even when their intentions may be not necessarily bad, it is simply not the right order for whites to be collecting funds from anyone, especially blacks, on behalf of other blacks and seeking to administer these funds as they see fit. Seek out black groups and take your instructions from them.

On that same note, this cannot really be considered real reparations. Reparations must be a global widespread thing by governments and big businesses- the global power structure that directly implemented, benefited and continues to benefit from slavery and black abuses in the first place. It cannot be a piecemeal, individual thing. While all whites should want to assist and divert their privileges to less privileged communities, especially those closest to them, this must not be confused with large scale reparations.

The existing power structure must collectively recognize its responsibility and atone from there. Individual whites can do what they can by lending support to black movements and let blacks take the lead from there.

P.S
People cannot post soliciting funds for their own or any other organizations on these boards. This has been clearly stated in our terms of use.  People who do respond on this thread should be aware of this or they may run the risk of having their posts removed.

Ravizza

Nothing more, nothing less, nothing to digress

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2004, 10:28:03 AM »

Thank you very much.  I am just looking for anyway I can help.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: